Upcoming Disney Animated Blu-rays

Yert3

I picked up all the releases today at Best Buy for $111.38. Possibly the most of spend on movies in one day. Why do they have to release so many in one day?

mavlax20

I originally didn't get The Three Musketeers...but then I broke down and bought it, so I got all that were released. Do I regret it? Nope...building up a good Disney Blu Ray Collection requires sacrifice!

SosoDude

Got the Ichabod/Toad - Fun&Fancy Free blu-ray last weekend. Watched all of it with my 8 y.o. son and he really enjoyed it. Got some big laughs from him while watching the reluctant dragon, which was surprisingly good to me also. I find it funny that even my sponge bob, star wars, & super-hero loving son was entertained by these classic movies.

Yert3

101 Dalmatians Diamond Edition trailer included on the Sleeping Beauty Blu-ray. This would suggest a February or Spring 2015 release date:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/File:101_Dalmatians_Diamond_Edition_Official_Trailer
Took them long enough for them to get it out here. I already picked up my copy from the UK almost two years ago. I wonder if it will be the theatrical cropped aspect ratio or the full frame transfer from the UK Blu-Ray. The trailer seems to be the full frame, but Jungle Book Diamond Edition trailer was full frame and the actual release was the theatrical ratio. They should just have the option for people who like to watch the full frame and for the people who like watching it how it was shown theatrically. I personally always prefer the theatrical ratio, but that's just me.

Last edited:

TB4244

Proper theatrical ratio all the way. I never was a fan of pan and scan.

Another Diamond edition to invest in, that's good news. The single disc versions are ok, but I'd rather have the additional content.

Yert3

Proper theatrical ratio all the way. I never was a fan of pan and scan.

Another Diamond edition to invest in, that's good news. The single disc versions are ok, but I'd rather have the additional content.
Well the full frame version of these movies are not pan and scanned they are open matte. You actually seeing more picture in 4:3 than you did in the theater. It's a complicated debate among purists.
http://www.widescreen.org/widescreen_matte.shtml

mavlax20

Now that Amazon seems to have settled their dispute with Disney, I will pre-order it, however, not happy with the price of Sleeping Beauty at 33.29, when I can get it almost 10 bucks cheaper at other stores online (however Amazon I do trust more)

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Big Hero 6 is coming February 24th

110064_large.jpg

mavlax20

You can now purchase Aladdin Diamond Edition on Amazon for $24.99. The price will go down I am sure between now and Oct. But just wanted to let you all know.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
So... does anybody have info on Pinocchio, Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, and/or The Black Cauldron?

prberk

Updated to include Snow White. The Best Buy exclusive cover looks great:

786936848915;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640

... except this movie especially should have some variation of "Walt Disney presents" or "Walt Disney's" right above the film name itself. It shouldn't have the generic "Disney" there.

I never liked the generic "Disney" that they have been using lately, anyway, as opposed to "Walt Disney Pictures presents" or some variant. That was much more dignified, and clearly more grammatically appealing than simply, "Disney Snow White." Even their previous obsession of putting "Disney's" before everything made more grammatical sense.

(I suppose you could argue that saying,"Disney Snow White" is a lot like "Nabisco Honey Grahams," as opposed to "Nabisco's Honey Grahams;" but I think the title of a movie or play, or even a hotel that they own, is different than the brand name (Nabisco) of a physical commodity (honey grahams) for sale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom