ordering kids meals?

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
i was setting up my bog fp+ thingamajig (the day i wanted finally opened up) and i realized they have a really nice looking kids meal. i wasn't thrilled with any of the grown up options but really like a couple of things on the kid's menu... i also am not always a big eater at meal time, i tend to graze. that got me thinking - can i order kids meals at quick service locations? has anyone had any experience with this?

Kate Alan

My understanding is that it wouldn't be an issue. I can't imagine a cast member getting into it with you for ordering a meal off the kid's menu. They would also have no real way of knowing if you were purchasing it for yourself or for a child that is off seated at a table somewhere, so I doubt they'd make a fuss.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
i was setting up my bog fp+ thingamajig (the day i wanted finally opened up) and i realized they have a really nice looking kids meal. i wasn't thrilled with any of the grown up options but really like a couple of things on the kid's menu... i also am not always a big eater at meal time, i tend to graze. that got me thinking - can i order kids meals at quick service locations? has anyone had any experience with this?

When I took my 80yo mom, who also prefers to graze and does not eat a lot in one sitting, to WDW in April she ordered all of her meals from the kid's menu, no matter where we ate. Never an issue or a problem with CMs.

bee

I've only had an issue once, about six years ago at CSR when I tried to order something from the kid's breakfast menu at the food court. Maybe I just looked too old to be a kid but too young to have a kid? I've ordered kid's meals at other locations with no problem, however.

ratherbeinwdw

I sometimes order from the kids menu at qs with no problem. I ordered from the kids menu at BOG for lunch in May. They simple ask for your order, not who it's for.

iluvMainStMagic

If you are not on the DP, as others have said, it shouldn't be a problem. Once while on the DP (and it was several years ago) I asked to order off the kids menu at a TS and thought they weren't going to allow it (which seems silly since they don't lose any money on that), but our server came back and said it was "ok'd". Otherwise, at CS locations, I have ordered a kids' meal several times without issue. I did have a CM at the Pop Century food court look at me suspiciously and almost say something about it at breakfast one morning last month (Aug), but she went ahead and let me have my Mickey waffles!!
[By the way, I was told that there had been a menu change in mid-Aug - there is no longer a Pop waffle for the adult breakfast :(, now there are 3 Mickey waffles for adults and 2 on the kid's breakfasts. Still delicious, but I wonder if it's a little smaller portion. On the other hand, I imagine it's easier for them to only have to cook one kind and just portion them out differently. They were cooking them as fast as they could, and they were flying out of there! :hungry: ]

Weather_Lady

If you're not on the DDP, no one will question you ordering off of the kids' menu! If you're on the DDP, they may question you, but it will most likely be permitted.

DisneyDebNJ

I've never had an issue with this. (however, I haven't eaten at BOG) From counter service to Signatures, I have ordered off of the kid's menus. I have also ordered appetizers as my entree, with no problem

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom