Mickey's PhilharMagic closing for short refurbishment in September

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's funny how people get upset that one or two rides have to be closed down at Disney....

You know.. our local theme park here, Carowinds.. They close down for an entire half of the year (November to about May) to get their park back up and running. I'm not saying Carowinds is better than Disney by any means, in fact, it still sucks after a half year of closing..

But the fact that Disney is open all year long and they do referb some attractions, they can't close an entire land down just to referb and touch up things because so many people attend. They have to do it in small segments and it's just now TTA and Philharmagic's time.

On another note... I do think Epcot should close for a full year, maybe two, for an entire park referb. Maybe just only have world showcase open during that time as a "World Showcase Marketplace" are something. Disney should definitely consider it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I wonder how they get on in Paris with Cinemagique... it rains all over the entire theatre. That must cause some smelly build up.

Different type of wet. This squirt is fed through tubing and shoots at guest from a screened off box in the arm rest of the chair in front of them in the theater. The screens were icky and the water smelled musty and immediately set off my DD 22 allergies. So hopefully this is part of their rehab maintenance.

muteki

It's funny how people get upset that one or two rides have to be closed down at Disney....

You know.. our local theme park here, Carowinds.. They close down for an entire half of the year (November to about May) to get their park back up and running. I'm not saying Carowinds is better than Disney by any means, in fact, it still sucks after a half year of closing..

But the fact that Disney is open all year long and they do referb some attractions, they can't close an entire land down just to referb and touch up things because so many people attend. They have to do it in small segments and it's just now TTA and Philharmagic's time.

On another note... I do think Epcot should close for a full year, maybe two, for an entire park referb. Maybe just only have world showcase open during that time as a "World Showcase Marketplace" are something. Disney should definitely consider it.
To be fair, there are some days in Jan~Feb that I wouldn't want to be anywhere outside like Carowinds. It's different in Florida.

Cesar R M

is carrowswinds full 24/7/364 or popular as disney?

Disney not closing down is more out of greed than actual service fo the clients. As many of the attractions need full refurbishments.

MUTZIE77

The way management is today they would close the entire futureworld for refurb and never open it again. Didnt that happen to 20k? After all, world showcase booze and food sales are what makes the park profitable.

Rob562

Seasonal parks like Carowinds, Six Flags, etc don't close down all winter to do maintenance that entire time. They close down because they won't have anyone in the parks during the winter (and some in the north simply can't operate under snow). Except for new things being built over the winter, most regional parks sit utterly dormant all winter. Then 4-6 weeks before they reopen is when they start doing work to prepare for the season. They don't spend all winter refurbing every ride.

-Rob

dstrawn9889

so let it be struck this day that the 'phrase' known as refurd(refurbishment turd), for now and always be part of the Lexicon of the Disney Forums!

dorothy-and-the-munchkins.jpeg

WondersOfLife

Seasonal parks like Carowinds, Six Flags, etc don't close down all winter to do maintenance that entire time. They close down because they won't have anyone in the parks during the winter (and some in the north simply can't operate under snow). Except for new things being built over the winter, most regional parks sit utterly dormant all winter. Then 4-6 weeks before they reopen is when they start doing work to prepare for the season. They don't spend all winter refurbing every ride.

-Rob

Nah Carowinds posts pictures of the coasters getting new paint jobs and such on their FB page.

WondersOfLife

is carrowswinds full 24/7/364 or popular as disney?

Disney not closing down is more out of greed than actual service fo the clients. As many of the attractions need full refurbishments.

..my point being. I'm just happy Disney doesn't have to close down for half of a year like most do.

I don't care about all the need-to-know little facts ya'll are throwing at me. That wasn't my point. :p

Mike S

I'm a philhar CM. They're planning on replacing the carpeting, possibly fixing some of the wallpaper. Nothing involving the show itself.
What about the build up of whatever that stuff is on the water squirters? Will they be cleaned?

mitchk

It stinks having Philharmagic and Tough to be a Bug down at the same time during our trip.

I agree, I'll be there at the same time. That means the only 3D film that we will be able to see is Muppets, that's my favorite 3D film anyway. ..... Wait there is also .... Ah..never mind Muppets will do... Really though, I really enjoy MP, I will miss it... Till my next trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom