2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

asianway

I attended the first Halloween Party on Monday night and the park was empty. The lack of Villains is very obvious. We were able to meet Cruella, Ratcliff, the Tremaines and Dr. Facilier in Club Villain, but had it been a crowded night those characters would have been swarmed. It is also impossible to take good photos and have a fun interaction with the characters with all the fog and lighting effects. There were also a bunch of entertainment cuts, and it was very noticeable.

I went to Guest Relations and was met with nothing but hostility. I asked about the Disney Parks Blog post regrading Maleficent and the Queen being in Fairytale Hall. The hostess told us we were lying and asked me for a screen cap of the site. She went to speak with her manger and came back with what read like a list of excuses. I've never been treated in such a rude way by a cast member. She even started lying to us. I took the issue up with Guest Communications, and I'll hopefully hear from then soon. I can go into more detail on what happened if anyone is interested.

Does anyone happen to have a screen cap of the original article from the Disney Parks blog stating that Maleficent and the Queen would be in Fairytale Hall?

I have never had a bad experience at Disney before. We have tickets to the Soiree in October. After the way we were treated Monday night, if the issue doesn't get resolved I'm canceling our reservation.
I would love to hear what guest communications has to say.

Edit: What's in the water? I'm hearing more and more stories of CMs becoming outright hostile at guests?

Last edited:

DancerJonathan

I attended the first Halloween Party on Monday night and the park was empty. The lack of Villains is very obvious. We were able to meet Cruella, Ratcliff, the Tremaines and Dr. Facilier in Club Villain, but had it been a crowded night those characters would have been swarmed. It is also impossible to take good photos and have a fun interaction with the characters with all the fog and lighting effects. There were also a bunch of entertainment cuts, and it was very noticeable.

I went to Guest Relations and was met with nothing but hostility. I asked about the Disney Parks Blog post regrading Maleficent and the Queen being in Fairytale Hall. The hostess told us we were lying and asked me for a screen cap of the site. She went to speak with her manger and came back with what read like a list of excuses. I've never been treated in such a rude way by a cast member. She even started lying to us. I took the issue up with Guest Communications, and I'll hopefully hear from then soon. I can go into more detail on what happened if anyone is interested.

Does anyone happen to have a screen cap of the original article from the Disney Parks blog stating that Maleficent and the Queen would be in Fairytale Hall?

I have never had a bad experience at Disney before. We have tickets to the Soiree in October. After the way we were treated Monday night, if the issue doesn't get resolved I'm canceling our reservation.

Here's a article on Inside the magic about Maleficent and Evil Queen being at Princess Fairytale Hall during MNSSHP. http://www./headlines/more-villains...o-scary-halloween-party-at-walt-disney-world/

Animaniac93-98

Here's a article on Inside the magic about Maleficent and Evil Queen being at Princess Fairytale Hall during MNSSHP. http://www./headlines/more-villains...o-scary-halloween-party-at-walt-disney-world/

They'd likely brush that off as an unofficial site posting misinformation.

You could probably use the internet archive to find the original blog post.

EDIT: even if you find the post they may use the "subject to change" disclaimer as a defense.

tenchikiss

Disney obviously did something underhanded and deceitful and their answer to a legitimate customer complaint is "pics or it didn't happen"? Are they hiring 13 year olds at Disney or something now?

tenchikiss

I will report back once they contact me. Hostile doesn't even begin to describe this cast member. At first, she apologized about the blog post, and even referenced its change. After she went backstage to "discuss our concerns" as she said, she returned with a completely different attitude and a list of excuses. She told us that we probably read the information on a fan site, and when I got adamant with her, explaining that she even agreed with us earlier, she told me I was lying and asked for proof. I was completely flabbergasted. I refuse to be rude to cast members because I know they are just doing their jobs and following orders, but I have never been this upset before.

When she asked me to see a screen cap, I just couldn't believe it. That is not how you deal with customers. I'm a local and a passholder, and I've never complained about anything before. I truly felt cheated by the entertainment cuts and I was just trying to voice my concerns.

This is the FIRST party of the season. Many, many people are upset about these changes. They better start changing their tune and getting ready to plaster on some fake I'm Sorry Smiles because this is just the beginning. Especially on the hells of UnleashTheFail. Imagine getting a comp ticket to the MNSSHP and poof you get screwed over again.

This is meant as no offense at all but sites like this and others usually copy WORD FOR WORD whatever is posted on the Disney Blog. Like oh snap Disney Blog got updated, let me reach my audience and copy the entire thing and repost it. So how can every single fan site be wrong when they posted the exact same thing word for word? Disney can't have it both ways, wanting fans hanging on their every breath but then calling them liars when it's pointed out what was ACTUAL SAID.

None of this would be happening if they retracted their post and said there have been entertainment changes. Like okay upcharge some villains. But give back the Princes, including Kristoff. People would still be upset about certain things but it wouldn't feel like a giant lie and they would getting a little bit more in return. Or at least what they would have gotten to begin with. I honestly don't know how you handled this situation without losing it. Why didn't the manager come out to lie to you? Why send out an underling that was on your side at first? I know there is a hierarchy and what not but I would be telling the customer with my eyes "look don't believe me, please ask for a manager because I am being forced to lie".

janoimagine

Its just a failed, poorly planned and executed idea all the way around ... you already have restricted viewing of the fireworks and parade because of the Hub construction and to rub more salt in you are making people pay (substantially) to access an area that since the party began has been free viewing on a first come first serve basis.

It is shameless the way they are cutting entertainment and bending over the guest on these up charges ... I just don't get what suit thinks this is a good idea for consumer relations.

I would love to know who made the final call on this and get a phone number and email address.

asianway

I will report back once they contact me. Hostile doesn't even begin to describe this cast member. At first, she apologized about the blog post, and even referenced its change. After she went backstage to "discuss our concerns" as she said, she returned with a completely different attitude and a list of excuses. She told us that we probably read the information on a fan site, and when I got adamant with her, explaining that she even agreed with us earlier, she told me I was lying and asked for proof. I was completely flabbergasted. I refuse to be rude to cast members because I know they are just doing their jobs and following orders, but I have never been this upset before.

When she asked me to see a screen cap, I just couldn't believe it. That is not how you deal with customers. I'm a local and a passholder, and I've never complained about anything before. I truly felt cheated by the entertainment cuts and I was just trying to voice my concerns.
Looks like of all people @disneyphilip went after the scoop on twitter. He got Shawn to fess up to the last minute change. Well done sir.

danv3

What were the other entertainment cuts? I know the villains no longer "mix and mingle" after the castle show and I know there is one fewer castle show.

tenchikiss

Looks like of all people @disneyphilip went after the scoop on twitter. He got Shawn to fess up to the last minute change. Well done sir.

I am not a twittery person but someone needs to tweet back that they need to last minute change some entertainment back to the regular guests. I mean at this point flop a halloween outfit on some normal fur characters. Something else to make the price worthwhile again, like the Princes or maybe Merida's mom.

This is just so....upsetting. I feel for Disney Villain. I just don't understand Disney's thinking. The only reason to screencap something is because you think it is hilarious or you have doubts that something will go your way and you feel as if you need back up proof. Is Disney now saying that they can't be trusted and can only be held to their word if people mistrust them to the point of screenshoting everything they post?

asianway

What were the other entertainment cuts? I know the villains no longer "mix and mingle" after the castle show and I know there is one fewer castle show.
All the princes. That's 8-9 shifts there, add back Anna Elsa(only once because Snow and Aurora are outside) Hag Ratcliffe Cruella 2 Facilier 2, you're down 3? Add back the second set of tremaines and you're cost neutral plus soirée gravy money. Did I miss anything? I'm not going to dissect the parade, it probably balances out.

Matt_Black

All the princes. That's 8-9 shifts there, add back Anna Elsa(only once because Snow and Aurora are outside) Hag Ratcliffe Cruella 2 Facilier 2, you're down 3? Add back the second set of tremaines and you're cost neutral plus soirée gravy money. Did I miss anything? I'm not going to dissect the parade, it probably balances out.

Don't forget that Tink is now meeting solo, unlike previous parties.

danv3

- Less Mix and Mingle Shows
- Pooh Float missing from Boo To You Parade
- No rope dancers in Boo To You Parade
- No candy cast members and no giving out candy in Boo To You Parade
- Several characters (Princes, Villains) cut all together
- I think there is one less candy trail as well, but I'm not sure

Yet ticket prices remain the same

Hmm...any screen caps to prove it?

Clamman73

Just looking at 2014 vs 2013 parade...not good with this years ending...Switch it back to Goofy at the end with the candy cast members.

tenchikiss

Has anyone gotten their Mickey Monitor this month? I bet those are printed off a month in advanced and would have the old information about Scary Tale hall in them, if it was mentioned at all. Would that be screen cappy enough?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom