Disney's All Star Music Resort Intermission Food Court closing for major refurbishment this summer

Noel Smith

Can't help with the resort question, but as you're a new member, I'd like to welcome you to the "Disney Website of Love". I love MST3K.

It's been about 3-4 years since we've stayed in an All Star, and while "bargained" priced, the decor was more than a bit stale and dated. I'm happy to hear they're investing in at least such obvious and simple updates. Good stuff.

Thanks for the welcome! I have been on the boards as a reader for MANY years but often worry about joining in the conversations.

My mom's cousin has worked at the World since the 70s, and she and my dad would go before I even came along! We used to stay with the family and he would maingate us all in. Granted that was back in the 80s.

I worked at EPCOT during my CP about 12 years ago and my family and I are HUGE Disnerds. My husband came into the fold too, as he went with us while he and I were dating and then last year we went as our honeymoon trip!

We aren't exactly the richest folks in the world, but we feel VERY blessed to just be able to GO to WDW every few years. We generally prefer to stay Value and spend our money on Souvenirs and food! We like ASMu as it was our first "On Property Hotel" in 2001 so we have nostalgic connection with it.

I am just trying to figure out the best option: Bus to ASSp, schlep across the parking lot to Movies, or maybe drive from one parking lot to the other for just breakfast, then drive BACK to our parking spot at Music before going to the parks? I feel like the latter would be fair in the sense that we wouldn't be holding up a parking spot for too long AND we would be taking our resort buses.

We plan on having breakfast at Sunshine Seasons on the two days we're in EPCOT so that won't be a problem.

Communicore

What needs to be upgraded are the photos in the lobby for the All Star resorts! Like the sports one I think their most current star is Ken Griffey Jr. and he is retired!

Noel Smith

Sunshine Seasons just makes me happy in general, breakfast OR lunch! :)

Another question, and forgive me if I overlooked this answer already, but will the Pizza/Pizza Delivery be discontinued during the refurb also? I'm just thinking about ALL of the options. We aren't a bunch of lazy schlubs, I am just one of those crazy planners that likes to have a bunch of back up plans.

Last question for now--and sorry to SLIGHTLY edge off topic, but have they replaced all of the in room fridges yet? Last year my husband and I got a letter about the change-outs before we got there for our Disneymoon, so we brought a HUGE ice chest :)

disney4life2008

Another question, and forgive me if I overlooked this answer already, but will the Pizza/Pizza Delivery be discontinued during the refurb also? I'm just thinking about ALL of the options. We aren't a bunch of lazy schlubs, I am just one of those crazy planners that likes to have a bunch of back up plans.

Last question for now--and sorry to SLIGHTLY edge off topic, but have they replaced all of the in room fridges yet? Last year my husband and I got a letter about the change-outs before we got there for our Disneymoon, so we brought a HUGE ice chest :)

From my understanding - all resorts (they need them) have a fridge. I know sports has them in all the rooms they changed mines while I was there. As far as pizza - there may be pizza delivery from sports or movies to music.

:):)

I called and...
1. The refrigerators are back
2. They are still doing pizza delivery but no walk up service. Not happy because delivery uses 2 table service credits.
We moved our reservation to all star sports.:)

Noel Smith

:):)

I called and...
1. The refrigerators are back
2. They are still doing pizza delivery but no walk up service. Not happy because delivery uses 2 table service credits.
We moved our reservation to all star sports.:)

Thank you for calling! I suppose I could have thought to do that :)

I think we are going to just stay in ASMu--if they are doing pizza delivery that supplemented with our own things we bring will serve as a "first night dinner", albeit a not so healthy one. (We didn't mind the Pizza the few times we've done it.)

Otherwise we can just bus-it to ASSp for breakfast on non-EPCOT days.

Thanks to everyone who has supplied information!!!

iheartdisney91

I will be staying there during the referbishment.
Will the hotel do anything to accommodate the lack of food?

Or should I just walk to All Star Movies? I looked at the map and can't
Tell how far it is on foot. I heard a mile but I'm not sure.

My trip is in 66 days, pretty sure it's too late to adjust it.

It's just inconvient. On the other hand I'm sure the music food court will look great, and upo date
when it's finished.

eblaz37

They are running continuous shuttles to Sports (which recently finished its refurbishment, if you want to get an idea of how Music will look upon completion)
Sports or Movies can be walkable depending on which building you are assigned.
(but Music will always be my personal favorite!)

CDavid

My trip is in 66 days, pretty sure it's too late to adjust it.

It's just inconvient. On the other hand I'm sure the music food court will look great, and upo date
when it's finished.

The farthest distance (I just checked) from an All-Star Music room to the food court at Movies is a little over 2,200 feet (as the crow flies), but that same room is only half that distance, about 1,060 feet, to the recently refurbished food court at All-Star Sports.

In addition, there is a limited selection of food and beverages still available at All-Star Music at a temporary location set up literally across the hallway from the regular food court. Of course, you still have the option of changing to another resort, depending on availability.

iheartdisney91

They are running continuous shuttles to Sports (which recently finished its refurbishment, if you want to get an idea of how Music will look upon completion)
Sports or Movies can be walkable depending on which building you are assigned.
(but Music will always be my personal favorite!)

Hmmmm interesting! Thank you!!

The farthest distance (I just checked) from an All-Star Music room to the food court at Movies is a little over 2,200 feet (as the crow flies), but that same room is only half that distance, about 1,060 feet, to the recently refurbished food court at All-Star Sports.

In addition, there is a limited selection of food and beverages still available at All-Star Music at a temporary location set up literally across the hallway from the regular food court. Of course, you still have the option of changing to another resort, depending on availability.

Ok! So the travel isn't a major deal then? But you're saying traveling to Sports would be a better idea than traveling to movies due to the distance?

If I had more time I'd probably switch my hotel, but I think I'm just going to wing it due to
Other availability.
Thank you for your help!

Rob562

Ok! So the travel isn't a major deal then? But you're saying traveling to Sports would be a better idea than traveling to movies due to the distance?

If I had more time I'd probably switch my hotel, but I think I'm just going to wing it due to
Other availability.
Thank you for your help!

Each All-Star resort is only separated from the next by a parking lot.

Here they are on Google Maps:
https://goo.gl/maps/8yVAY

That's Music in the middle, Sports to the North, Movies to the south. The food courts are in the arc-shaped buildings at the eastern end of each hotel. The Rock Inn buildings are the closest to the Sports food court, and some buildings like the Broadway buildings are closer to the Movies food court than the Sports.

When you're there, just be sure to look at a map and figure out the straight-line path between where your room is and the closest food court. It may not necessarily be fastest to go to the front of the Music resort first.
In fact, if the Music food court were open, the rooms in the Mighty Ducks wing of Movies are closer to the *Music* food court and bus stops than the Movies'.

-Rob

Last edited:

CDavid

Other availability.
Thank you for your help!

As @Rob562 has correctly pointed out, it really depends on your room location; In the examples I used it was just the worst-case scenario, or the farthest you could possibly have to walk to reach a food court. You'll just have to cut through the parking lot to the closer location.

Silver Figment

I was planning my trip for mid September before this news was announced. I was originally going to stay at Music but my parents called that this refurbishment would happen based on the Sports refurbishment last year. Now i'm staying at Sports; glad to not have to deal with the refurb, although I'm sure the result will be great.

Rob562

I was planning my trip for mid September before this news was announced. I was originally going to stay at Music but my parents called that this refurbishment would happen based on the Sports refurbishment last year. Now i'm staying at Sports; glad to not have to deal with the refurb, although I'm sure the result will be great.

Just be prepared for the Sports food court to be extra packed...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom