Disney's All Star Music Resort Intermission Food Court closing for major refurbishment this summer

Kristamouse

So we are staying there during that time frame...what to do? Switch? Make due? Ugg pretty sure the Family Suites at Animation are booked and with 5 kids we didn't fit many other places...

DonaldDoleWhip

I still haven't been to the All-Star food courts, but it sounds like the recent refurbishment at Sports was a big success. It's nice to see them updating the other food courts as well.

(Although I think AoA's food court will always be the winner among the values. Their tandoor section is great!)

actoRsecundario

Just during my stay there. I'll not use the foodcourt, so it's not a problem for me, but I would like to use the microwave, and now I don't know if it will gonna be one.
Anyone knows if they will put a microwave in the temporary grab 'n' go location? What did they do during de Sports refurbishment?

Thanks!

eblaz37

Thank heavens. I worked at the Music Food Court, and can attest that it definitely needs some TLC. Most notably the dining room tables/chairs are incredibly worn.

Anyone know if this will include refurbishments to the back of house areas as well? Or, seeing as they're still offering a couple food items in the lobby/arcade area and at the Singing Spirits bar, will they need to keep the kitchen/back of house operable?

cflwcast

What they did at sports was closed the arcade and made it a quick food shop. It had microwaves, drink coolers, and food coolers. If you have the rapid fill mugs they do have someone there to fill your mugs with your coke/tea/coffee choice for you.

They do have buses that will take you to movies and sports if you want the full food court. They run every 15 minutes.

I stayed at sports when they did the rehab. They worked with us to make sure we were happy.

We also walked to the other resorts for exercise.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Great - we have a reservation for one of the family suites Labor Day.... oh, well, it's not a far walk over to the new court in Sports.

Noel Smith

For those who took the bus last year, a question: I remember seeing somewhere that a separate bus ran from ASSP to ASMu (we were staying at ASMu at the time and didn't notice much heavier traffic. In fact we were happy because they opened the section with the All Star Bounty platters an hour earlier!)

My question though--where did the buses pick up? I know it WASN'T the standard Disney buses.

Also, for anyone who was at ASSp during that time, what was the earliest that ya'll took a bus over for breakfast? We are early risers! (Well, my DH and I are, my DM and DB not so much! :laughs: )

Bolt

For those who took the bus last year, a question: I remember seeing somewhere that a separate bus ran from ASSP to ASMu (we were staying at ASMu at the time and didn't notice much heavier traffic. In fact we were happy because they opened the section with the All Star Bounty platters an hour earlier!)

My question though--where did the buses pick up? I know it WASN'T the standard Disney buses.

Also, for anyone who was at ASSp during that time, what was the earliest that ya'll took a bus over for breakfast? We are early risers! (Well, my DH and I are, my DM and DB not so much! :laughs: )
At the Porte cochere

ToyStoryMiss

Finally! A refurbishment for this food court is long overdue. It stinks, because we'll be staying there during that time frame, but oh well. It can't be helped. I can't wait to see what it'll look like! They did a fantastic job with Sports, so I'm hoping this one will be just as good! :joyfull:
So, I'm guessing they'll probably refurbish the Movies food court next year. That'll be nice. :happy:

Noel Smith

In a sort of twisted way I am going to miss those absolutely horrific paintings in the food court. Well, in a "we like to MST3K them" sort of twisted way.

Anyway, would anyone know what time the buses will start running over to the food court?

Also, we requested to stay in JAZZ--would it just be easier for us to schlep over to the ASMo food court?

I've been searching for threads from last year regarding stays at Sports during refurb but can't seem to find much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

pug

Then don't click on a thread about them.

Troll.

Glad Disney is making a refresh. Personally, I'd try a different value during this project, but we utilize the food courts extensively.
I just went there once a couple years back so I don't know if I would like them now but now they don't seem half bad :cautious:

Beholder

In a sort of twisted way I am going to miss those absolutely horrific paintings in the food court. Well, in a "we like to MST3K them" sort of twisted way.

Anyway, would anyone know what time the buses will start running over to the food court?

Also, we requested to stay in JAZZ--would it just be easier for us to schlep over to the ASMo food court?

I've been searching for threads from last year regarding stays at Sports during refurb but can't seem to find much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Can't help with the resort question, but as you're a new member, I'd like to welcome you to the "Disney Website of Love". I love MST3K.

It's been about 3-4 years since we've stayed in an All Star, and while "bargained" priced, the decor was more than a bit stale and dated. I'm happy to hear they're investing in at least such obvious and simple updates. Good stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom