Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party to be updated later this year

mweier

so ready for this to be replaced and the hub to be finished. Between the volume and the inevitable hub traffic pileup it causes, I've never had any interest in this street party and its giant presents.

Hoping they pull some pages from the FoF parade book when they update.

Prince-1

Because I despise lazy posts that just quote someone and say "This!" or "This a thousand times" I will say I cannot agree with you more as though it may very well be a super enjoyable parade, it does not have to be heard all the way from Luau Cove.

This!!! (I added two extra exclamation points so we should be good)

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Because I despise lazy posts that just quote someone and say "This!" or "This a thousand times" I will say I cannot agree with you more as though it may very well be a super enjoyable parade, it does not have to be heard all the way from Luau Cove.
I have never watched that entire parade because of the volume. It rattles my brain. You know when you push your car speakers too hard and they start to distort the sound? That's what its like for me. And it's my EARS. Aside from the misery & discomfort, hello permanent hearing loss?! Tinitis?! No thanks.

hokielutz

Personally.... I have a soft spot for the music they use when the street party wraps up and heads back down Main Street. (Time of our Lives) That's the only part I have a real interest in seeing.

But I agree the costumes, floats, and most of the music/format is due for an update. Not quite a timeless piece of entertainment. But if it does happen in Oct.... I might get to see the first implementation of the changes.

ABQ

Does the October update estimate imply certain hub refurbishment goals are scheduled to be complete at that same time?

WDWLover#1

Does the October update estimate imply certain hub refurbishment goals are scheduled to be complete at that same time?
Maybe some small updates. I know the sound system in the MK was recently overhauled alot. But no the hub construction should be going way into late spring, early summer.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I thought of a really good idea to replace this show. Theme it after disney afternoon. It'd be performed once a day. It'd come down main street to this-

And the theme would be games to play with the kids utilisig numerous disney characters. For example you could have a hula hoop contest with this-

Its a simple idea but utilizing these songs feels more disney to me. They could have baloo on one side king louie on the other. I don't know it just sounde (in my head at least) better than the misici we've got now. They could use other disney afternoon themes and create games out of them as well or maybe change the lyrics to fit-heck maybe write new stuff. It would then head down main street with this-

I just feel if they did this or something similar it'd feel more disney than misici.

Sorry, but I think that'd be a mighty hard sell for anyone NOT raised in the late 80's/early 90's.

aladdin2007

I have never watched that entire parade because of the volume. It rattles my brain. You know when you push your car speakers too hard and they start to distort the sound? That's what its like for me. And it's my EARS. Aside from the misery & discomfort, hello permanent hearing loss?! Tinitis?! No thanks.

agree,,,, anyone know if the DJ is getting the boot? the shouting at insane levels down main street is uncalled for and needs to go already.

asianway

Well I just thought I would share the info and seen as WDWMagic worded it so perfectly I decided to use that.
Typically sourcing rumors would indicate respect for the source. Otherwise you might appear to be trying to cement yourself as a faux insider on another message board...

wdwgreek

It is so load, and feels like a cheap attention grabbing waste of time! Oh wait that is what it is! Mabye it'll become more tasteful, then again im not their target demographic for this.

TP2000

It is so loud, and feels like a cheap attention grabbing waste of time! Oh wait that is what it is! Mabye it'll become more tasteful, then again im not their target demographic for this.

I have always likened this "street party" to a very bad and tacky wedding reception in a Holiday Inn ballroom.

Except at least when I'm stuck at a bad wedding reception and the Groom's brother is doing the Funky Chicken, I can at least go and find the bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom