Enchanted 2, confirmed.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Agreed, the first film is such a classic and it's a shame it doesn't get it's due in the parks and everywhere else. hopefully the second film will change that.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Agreed, the first film is such a classic and it's a shame it doesn't get it's due in the parks and everywhere else. hopefully the second film will change that.
When I was at DLP in 2010, the nightly fireworks show was called "The Enchanted Fireworks". As I saw it on the schedule, i thought -- "Wow, they don't even try to theme the fireworks here in Paris", because I just thought they were using the word "Enchanted" to mean "magical" or "fantastic". But I was wrong -- it was actually a fireworks show using music from Enchanted and with some light (very light) theming to go with it.

I didn't, however, find the show to be enchanting.

hichloe

I was about to say that I didn't have very high hopes (I mean, not every Disney sequel can be of the fantastic caliber of Pocahontas 2 or Cinderella 2, can it?), but if the people who wrote Shrek 2 are writing it I do have hope!

champdisney

Enchanted was a great movie that had a lot of heart... And a great director (Kevin Lima) who I believe will someday become a Disney Legend.

I always thought that The Smurfs was a knock off of Enchanted. Same plot, story, etc. Hopefully the sequel delivers like the first one.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Much better music than the Block of Ice movie that crazies are raving over filled with top 40 music written to pimp as many single/album sales in a 12 month period as possible.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Much better music than the Block of Ice movie that crazies are raving over filled with top 40 music written to pimp as many single/album sales in a 12 month period as possible.

I would not consider the Frozen music to be Top 40. The actual music behind Let It Go (much as I can't stand it) is somewhat complex and intricate. I performed it last week (and unlike most pop tunes that I have performed, I needed to practice it). The chorus is certainly simple and has a good hook to it (try singing Can You Feel the Love Tonight along with it, same chord progression). As a whole book of music it is surprisingly complex and interesting - much more in tune (pun intended) with Broadway of the last 20 years than Top 40. I would not compare anything to Alan Menken's composing as he is a legend on Broadway and in Disney circles, but Let It Go is certainly not top 40 music and Bobbie Lopez's pedigree is certainly starting to shape up pretty nicely in those same circles.

I am quite sick of the Frozen music and do not enjoy listening to it, but putting my taste aside, it is pretty high quality.

champdisney

I wonder what the story could possibly be about. Giselle's story was pretty conclusively wrapped up, and the Maleficent-wanna-be dragon lady was destroyed. So where could a sequel go from there?
I was having the same thought. Disney fairy tale sequels are usually direct to video material. So I'm a bit skeptical about this, regardless, I'm hoping for the best. The original was indeed a classic and deserves to be featured in the parks... Well, at least Hollywood Studios, just for the fact that Enchanted is sort of a spoof of the Classic Disney fairy tales. Just my opinion though.

mouse_luv

While Enchanted is one of my favorite Disney films ever, I am confused. First, the story pretty much concluded itself in the first film-so where do we go from here? Second, I was sort of excited about this until I saw the words "Smurfs writers" now I've pretty much concluded that it's doomed because the Smurfs movie sucked.

Sped2424

Original Poster
You guys really don't think there is a reason this sequel suddenly got greenlight after a certain someone had a breakthrough character in a film where she sang? If I had to place what the sequel would entail I would say it would focus on a certain someone.

Idina_menzel_nancy.jpg

tumblr_lc615plOuc1qe5p1n

After all I think adams wants to put the disney look behind her as she is racing for that oscar. And it would make sense to throw Idina in there considering her massive success from frozen and write a clever story about after ever after for her character. I wouldn't doubt if the film had a cameo of giselle, but focused entirely on her character nancy from the first film.

morningstar

Yep, it's a classic. It kind of started the new renaissance. Before Tangled and Frozen, Enchanted had a past-tense title and a failed true love's kiss.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/15/enc...l&xid=socialflow_facebook_entertainmentweekly

"Sounds like Adam Shankman has had “Happy Working Song” on repeat: At a Television Critics Association panel, the director for the Enchanted sequel, Disenchanted, revealed that we’re getting closer to seeing Gisele again.
“We are handing in a script in a couple weeks that I’m super happy with. Then gotta get the music written,” he said.
According to Shankman, Disenchanted will have about the same amount of animation as the first film, but there will be more songs (hopefully as catchy and delightful as the iconic Central Park-set “That’s How You Know”).

Sped2424

Original Poster
http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/15/enc...l&xid=socialflow_facebook_entertainmentweekly

"Sounds like Adam Shankman has had “Happy Working Song” on repeat: At a Television Critics Association panel, the director for the Enchanted sequel, Disenchanted, revealed that we’re getting closer to seeing Gisele again.
“We are handing in a script in a couple weeks that I’m super happy with. Then gotta get the music written,” he said.
According to Shankman, Disenchanted will have about the same amount of animation as the first film, but there will be more songs (hopefully as catchy and delightful as the iconic Central Park-set “That’s How You Know”).
I'm actually very excited for this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom