Upcoming/Rumored Projects

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think if Disney made the track longer and updated the cars (made them a lot quieter and energy efficient) it would be a great improvement from what is there right now. And add laser lights around the track at night or something that gives it a future type of feel. I'm just not feeling the re-theme ideas...

They are actually going the other way with the track, it has been shortened at least two, if not three times.

Victor Kelly

Change the car styles and drive system. Retheme, probably to Tron. Sugar rush or whatever it was called from the movie would be interesting.

Cesar R M

Change the car styles and drive system. Retheme, probably to Tron. Sugar rush or whatever it was called from the movie would be interesting.
they could also do spaceship themed like lilo and Stitch's space scenes.. or star wars generic futuristic designs. (not iconic units as it would conflict thematically)

Rteetz

I think they need to stay with the futuristic theme. Sugar rush doesn't fit in tomorrowland. If they did like others have said add some lighting at night, design some new cars etc it's a fix that makes the ride fit better in the area and it doesn't seem out of place. I would like them to do something but it doesn't seem like they are anytime soon.

Unplugged

As much as everyone would like it updated, be it a garden-style as presented, a redo to electric cars Ala Tomorrowland theming, or some other cool design, I believe it's one of those classics that will die a slow painful death. Painful for all of us to watch as it's both a classic but also prime real estate for something new.

Though I suppose all the new things going in across property explain it. Money is going into new construction with the pepper shaker approach; a bit here, a bit there. I'm curious as to what the internal 2-5 year plan is that we don't get to see. They've announce the AK enhancements, back peddled on unofficial DHS enhancements, have EPCOT items in the work though no official word, and are wrapping up the MK improvements with the hub changes (referring to traffic flow, not plant/park feel losses).

While I hate to do it as I do enjoy my trips down there, I'm skipping this year. I'm hoping 2015 will be an exciting year to see what's done and the newly kicked off efforts then.

MonorailMan

I think that once the new hub is finished at MK, Disney will really shift to the rumored Carsland (if it is actually true) and MK won't see any more major changes for a while... I would love to know what Disney's next major project will be after Avatar is finished... Personally, expanding the monorail to go the DHS, DD, and DAK would be high on my priority list (though very unlikely)!

dstrawn9889

I think that once the new hub is finished at MK, Disney will really shift to the rumored Carsland (if it is actually true) and MK won't see any more major changes for a while... I would love to know what Disney's next major project will be after Avatar is finished... Personally, expanding the monorail to go the DHS, DD, and DAK would be high on my priority list (though very unlikely)!
that would require another 10 or so trains and 15-20 miles of two way... Aint gonna happen

DinoInstitute

Neither do Stitch, Monsters Incorporated, or Buzz Lightyear.

...which is to say, Sugar Rush would fit in perfectly with the Tomorrowland we actually have.
Well, I think Buzz and Stitch fit much better into Tomorrowland because their concepts are futuristic and sci-fy-ey. Monsters, well not as much, but again it is like the technology that they have is futurey

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Well, I think Buzz and Stitch fit much better into Tomorrowland because their concepts are futuristic and sci-fy-ey. Monsters, well not as much, but again it is like the technology that they have is futurey

I really only see that argument holding up in Buzz's case. Lilo and Stitch, even with its sci-fi elements, was still defined as taking place in the present day when it focused on Earth. Monsters, Inc. took place in an alternate universe/world/dimension to ours, but there was nothing excessively futuristic about their society save for the scream technology. They still drove ordinary cars and watched little box TVs with antennas.

I believe I read somewhere that, at least in the case of the animated TV series, the Space Rangers' world is in fact set in the far future.

Turtle

Neither do Stitch, Monsters Incorporated, or Buzz Lightyear.

...which is to say, Sugar Rush would fit in perfectly with the Tomorrowland we actually have.
Buzz Lightyear and Stitch fit in Tomorrowland.

Should BOTH of them be in Tomorrowland? No. There's a limit to the toons in tomorrowland

Kman101

To a certain degree they fit, but they still feel very out of place, at least to me. Probably because I just don't care for their attractions very much. Buzz is well done for what it is though and fits the most, I suppose.

DinoInstitute

I really only see that argument holding up in Buzz's case. Lilo and Stitch, even with its sci-fi elements, was still defined as taking place in the present day when it focused on Earth. Monsters, Inc. took place in an alternate universe/world/dimension to ours, but there was nothing excessively futuristic about their society save for the scream technology. They still drove ordinary cars and watched little box TVs with antennas.

I believe I read somewhere that, at least in the case of the animated TV series, the Space Rangers' world is in fact set in the far future.
To that last point, yes I think/am almost positive it is.

The reason Stitch I think is futuristic is because when they are up in the space areas on a space ship, and all the aliens, that seemed very futurey.

Rteetz

that would require another 10 or so trains and 15-20 miles of two way... Aint gonna happen
I agree they won't even keep the ones they have up to date because it's too expensive. There is no way disney would spend billions and I mean billions to connect the rest of WDW to the monorail.

WDWResort

Neither of these really fit Tomorrowland. All three of those attractions should be at DHS.

Bacalou

Tomorrowland, as conceived, was to have no connection to Disney's animation features. It was to be a showcase of technological innovation. Then again, so was EPCOT center... DHS is a studios based theme park and as @WDWResort said, it really the best place for the current attractions.

With the Tomorrowland movie in production, I do have to wonder how that will play a role in any redevelopment of the land... Magic Kingdom's TL is way behind the times when compared to the other parks and definitely needs redevelopment, general refocus and some hardcore TLC. Riding the people mover, seeing pealing paint and very rusty support structures makes me sad.

Space exploration is pretty popular now with the public. Stitch's theater could be refocused on Mars again due to the rovers... The Monster theater (prior 360 circle vision) has enough room to contain a dark ride. I'd suggest something along the lines of Horizons for that building. Space Mountain's roller coaster system needs a total replacement. The last scene of the CoP... Yeah... Finally, convert the gas cars to electric powered vehicles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom