New rope drop process at MK

I'm impressed you can work around football! My husband is a coach and it consumes our lives year round. We are literally going this summer in the 8 days he has "off" and even then he is missing out. We can only plan things with limited time out.

That said even at 60 days out A&E was almost impossible for me to get. I got lucky looking on day. I know others have had that luck as well.
Been coaching high school since '85 and had a child later in life (she is 5) really changes your perspective, i remember when it was all that was important, but now I shut it off when i am away from school. Having said that i just wish i had that opportunity to get lucky but my 30 day window is not ever gonna work as long as resort guest have 60 days out, and new rope drop doesn't help either

HRHPrincessAriel

Been coaching high school since '85 and had a child later in life (she is 5) really changes your perspective, i remember when it was all that was important, but now I shut it off when i am away from school. Having said that i just wish i had that opportunity to get lucky but my 30 day window is not ever gonna work as long as resort guest have 60 days out, and new rope drop doesn't help either
We have a child as well. If my husband wanted a job he could not miss anymore. TX HS football is insanity. He likes his job and wants to keep it.

I'm stating as others have even resort guests at 60 struggle to get a FP for A&E. If I hadn't gotten one I would have been bummed for a bit but would have moved on. We have other great memories to make and would hope to catch on the next trip when ever that might be.

As a local AP holder you have far more opportunities to catch them since it so close than we do. You have the ability to go during low times.

We have a child as well. If my husband wanted a job he could not miss anymore. TX HS football is insanity. He likes his job and wants to keep it.

I'm stating as others have even resort guests at 60 struggle to get a FP for A&E. If I hadn't gotten one I would have been bummed for a bit but would have moved on. We have other great memories to make and would hope to catch on the next trip when ever that might be.

As a local AP holder you have far more opportunities to catch them since it so close than we do. You have the ability to go during low times.
yeah there is no low times for this meet and greet, and Florida football is just as crazy as Texas (i was in Georgia and South Carolina before that serious football there too) I just as a head coach make sure my staff and I have family time. By the way we pack the stadium 10-15k per home game and we win. Also, if I could not get a fastpass for the M&G and had the same window as others it would not bother me one bit, but the fact that i never have the chance is what bothers me

wogwog

Original Poster

"go during low times" Oh the memories. A rain soaked Tuesday in February maybe is low times. Other than that day I do not know when low times would be.

Kman101

Lower crowd days do exist, I saw that yesterday, but at the same time, low periods just don't seem to exist anymore. I've noticed from about 2011 onwards that more people are noticing the increase in crowds, even during reported "slow times". WDW just has a huge mixed bag of visitors (tour groups, school groups, locals, families, out of state/country visitors, etc.). It's like a catch-all.

PhotoDave219

Lower crowd days do exist, I saw that yesterday, but at the same time, low periods just don't seem to exist anymore. I've noticed from about 2011 onwards that more people are noticing the increase in crowds, even during reported "slow times". WDW just has a huge mixed bag of visitors (tour groups, school groups, locals, families, out of state/country visitors, etc.). It's like a catch-all.

Days is the key word.

There are no longer slow seasons, no longer slow months nor are there slow weeks. There are slow days. Generally midweek after a major holiday & everyone goes home.

It's not like 10 years ago when September, October and November were pleasant to go to the parks in…

It's not even like three years ago when you can count on specific weeks being slow…

michael.fumc

Days is the key word.

There are no longer slow seasons, no longer slow months nor are there slow weeks. There are slow days. Generally midweek after a major holiday & everyone goes home.

It's not like 10 years ago when September, October and November were pleasant to go to the parks in…

It's not even like three years ago when you can count on specific weeks being slow…
This is so true, February even is busy. If you look at http://goflorida.about.com/library/bls/WDW_AttendanceCalendar2013.pdf you can see the trends, they say October is low however my last two trips during that time the resort felt very full

NeedMoreMickey

FP was never set up to be a resort perk. That's what is wrong with the system. It was a benefit for all ticket holders regardless of whether you had an annual pass, stayed onsite, had a single day ticket, stayed offsite. It was never meant to be a resort perk. There's really no need to book attractions in advance. You're here at the park, you can use your fps. If Disney was thinking smart about this, they would realize that by offering it this way they are actually enticing people to stay out of their parks. If my fp+s are later in the day, and I know I can get on an attraction with little to no wait, i'm less likely to come to the parks early. I'm also less likely to buy breakfast or even lunch since I'm arriving late. Trust me, the system is broken.

When the park first opened and at least thru 1986 if you stayed on site you could enter the MK an hour earlier than other guests. That seemed like a resort perk to me, I think we also entered thru a different turnstile for restor guest only. I'm not completely happy with having to schedule my days so far out but in March when our flight was delayed 7 hours we missed all our FP+ the first day and it was very easy to reschedule our FP+ for the rest of the trip so we did manage to ride or see everything we wanted to see.

psukardi

October of '12 wasn't bad from what I recall. Going there again this Oct for Food & Wine. Anything is better than the crowds the week of Christmas (crowds) or middle of July (heat)

DisneyFreak23

Days is the key word.

Good call! Try hitting both water parks and all 4 Theme parks at a "low time". Not likely anymore. Just have to go with priorities and what time best suits your schedule and just roll with it!;)

RSoxNo1

So with what 50 or FP+ attractions across the parks and there is a grand total of 1 that is an issue getting FP+s too due to the insane popularity of the most successful animated movie in history and the whole system is broken?

By my math that is a 98% success rate for FP+, that is not to bad for a system that has to cater to 40+ million different type of guest a year :)
You're absolutely right. The Anna and Elsa Fastpass issue isn't a problem with the system. It's a problem of them not having enough Anna and Elsa actresses to meet demand. It's the same issue that happens in DHS with Toy Story. Demand is so high because of the lack of family friendly attractions. It's not a fault of Fastpass+.

Cesar R M

You're absolutely right. The Anna and Elsa Fastpass issue isn't a problem with the system. It's a problem of them not having enough Anna and Elsa actresses to meet demand. It's the same issue that happens in DHS with Toy Story. Demand is so high because of the lack of family friendly attractions. It's not a fault of Fastpass+.
who said only one attraction is having problems with fp+ rates?
pretty sure the lines of other shows (like the little mermaid) do not need fp+ due of the ride nature.. and fp just slowdowns the entire thing.

RSoxNo1

who said only one attraction is having problems with fp+ rates?
pretty sure the lines of other shows (like the little mermaid) do not need fp+ due of the ride nature.. and fp just slowdowns the entire thing.
Yes, the problems I have with Fp+ is they put it where it didn't belong in order to pad the numbers. They wanted to distribute 3 per guest per park, but the attraction lineup was only capable of it at the Magic Kingdom.

yellowb

I have read through the posts, and I'm not sure I have seen a report whether being at the front of rope drop and leading the hoard actually puts you in a position of getting in the M&G without the wait, or whether there are already people in the park due to breakfasts that are able to line up before you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom