Flamingo Crossing Hotels

Communicore

I will stay in them if they are "reasonably" priced for the area. We are APs and can't afford disney's prices. The value just isn't there for the amount of time we spend in the area. We generally pick Marriotts when we are there overnight because they have larger rooms than Disney's "value" resorts, include breakfast and are typically cleaner. No. We don't get the Extra Magic Hours, but we do hang onto a few more dollars...
But you get the free breakfasts, which are awesome. I'm such a sucker for hotel free breakfasts, regardless of how cheap the hotel is if they have free breakfasts its good!

COProgressFan

Wait, what's this? I thought the "insiders" said this project was dead, non-existent!

This will work great for our first night after the drive with room and location to stock up on drinks, water, etc. Make it easy and close for early check-in next morning.

I'm not sure why you seem top be mocking the "insiders". The property has been sitting there with zombie streets and traffic signs since it was announced seven years ago. So it was essentially dead for all those years. There was no activity and no tenants signing up.

Obviously, the new tenants are more bullish about this area more than they have been in recent years. But that doesn't make anyone with an informed opinion or observation wrong about anything.

71jason

Just real curious to see which retailers jump on board here now that they have confirmed hotels.

Any chain restaurant that stays open until 2--Fridays seems a good bet--may actually do well. There are a lot of CMs driving that way back toward Clermont. Won't take a lot to get them to stop for a drink or two.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Wait, what's this? I thought the "insiders" said this project was dead, non-existent!

This will work great for our first night after the drive with room and location to stock up on drinks, water, etc. Make it easy and close for early check-in next morning.

It was though. It sat there for the better part of a decade barren.

BoarderPhreak

No, I do not. Disneyland was also full of restaurants and shops operated by third parties. The Disneyland Hotel was a third party. Walt was all about leveraging relationships with third parties.
I'm not talking about partnerships with the likes of Starbucks, rather large sections of the Florida property being leased out to large hotels.

lazyboy97o

I'm not talking about partnerships with the likes of Starbucks, rather large sections of the Florida property being leased out to large hotels.
The land of Walt Disney World has been squandered by Disney themselves. They're even building the very support of suburban sprawl that EPCOT was supposed to oppose. Third parties have nothing to do with that set of problems.

wannab@dis

I'm not sure why you seem top be mocking the "insiders". The property has been sitting there with zombie streets and traffic signs since it was announced seven years ago. So it was essentially dead for all those years. There was no activity and no tenants signing up.

Obviously, the new tenants are more bullish about this area more than they have been in recent years. But that doesn't make anyone with an informed opinion or observation wrong about anything.
Mocking? Haha... simple observation. But, why the need to be so defensive? Just over the past few weeks, I've seen instances of the "insiders" making snarky remarks about the dead Flamingo crossings. It wasn't seven years ago... weeks ago.
It was though. It sat there for the better part of a decade barren.
Yes, you're correct. It has been waiting for several years, but, that's true of lots of developments around the country due to the recession and non-recovery. But, apparently, it wasn't dead and there's obviously been movement recently as opposed to what some were saying.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Mocking? Haha... simple observation. But, why the need to be so defensive? Just over the past few weeks, I've seen instances of the "insiders" making snarky remarks about the dead Flamingo crossings. It wasn't seven years ago... weeks ago.

Yes, you're correct. It has been waiting for several years, but, that's true of lots of developments around the country due to the recession and non-recovery. But, apparently, it wasn't dead and there's obviously been movement recently as opposed to what some were saying.

Maybe I just missed the recent insider comments about FC. Do you have any links? or at least point me in the direction of said comments?

COProgressFan

I guess my point is that the project essentially was dead all that time. I don't think it matters if Marriott signed on two weeks ago, or two months ago, or whatever, but for the majority of the time, nothing was happening.

Disney did not plan to clear ground and pave roads for them to sit empty for seven years. Clearly that was not the original intent. And that has nothing to do with any "insiders".

And people made snarky comments because they thought it was a dumb project to begin with, representing many of the things wrong with WDW's operation in the 20th century. I guess the companies signing up now disagree, and they may be right even, but that still doesn't change that it took so much time.

GymLeaderPhil

No, I do not. Disneyland was also full of restaurants and shops operated by third parties. The Disneyland Hotel was a third party. Walt was all about leveraging relationships with third parties.
So why then did the company purchase the rights to those back and start operating them when they had enough capital? Or the initial hotels here in Florida?

Disney realized that they could do a better job and deliver a better product.

Sam Magic

EPCOT and the Industrial Park were supposed to be filled with third parties.
Companies, name brands, not tis cheap . Another thing is that it all would have been "smart development", this means it would have been organized and well designed; not this quilt of cheap crap.

Ignohippo

I'm curious about this only because WDW's occupancy rate has been on the decline. Opening more budget hotels on property can't help.

Hey, but at least it may bring the rates of other hotels down!

seascape

I was just looking at the tax maps for orange county and it looks like a Hess Station is going across the street from Walgreens. The tax map also has the 2 hotels on it so I think it is right. Another interesting thing is that Orange Lake owns part of the land on Flamingo Crossing Blvd. So I wonder if there is a deal between Orange Lake and Disney yet or if there will be one. I know it would be benfitial to Orange Lake if they could gain access to WDW without going on the public roads and I could see WDW wanting to buy some of the land Orange Lake owns. This could be something benefitial to both companies and could explain why the timeshares were in the Flamingo Crossing plans.

R W B

..... This could be something benefitial to both companies and could explain why the timeshares were in the Flamingo Crossing plans.
And there it is ladies and gentlemen.

I haven't read much else other then this thread on Flamingo Crossing but if Disney has more timeshares planned for this site then it all makes sense to me why they are building this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom