Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

JohnD

HELP!!
So we just booked a last minute trip for memorial day week 5/24-31, off-site. We have not been there since the new FP system began. I was planning to purchase tix. from Undecovertourist but since I am almost at 30 days out I'm not sure that would be the best option in regards to getting good FP choices, as they will not come til 2 weeks before our trip.
So ....the enigma I have is where to buy them so I can get them the quickest and book our FP online? Or do I just wait and get tix. from UCT and then get FP's once we get to the parks?

I am really struggling with this as we were major FP users, we'd use 6-8 per day depending on the park we were at. Plus they still have not added parkhopper options for using FP, correct? So I figure why buy PH passes for this trip?

Regardless of who you purchase from, you should be able to enter the tix serial numbers into MDE almost immediately. If purchasing direct from the WDW website, the tix are automatically linked. I've purchased tickets from AAA. After purchasing, within a day I received an email from DisneyDestinations with a PDF of "eCertificates." I input the serial numbers provided and was automatically linked to MDE. Of course, I have to bring the certificates with me and exchange for plastic cards upon arrival. In all cases, you can make FP+ choices upon linking the tickets to MDE. I can't imagine it being any different from Undercovertourist.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So ....the enigma I have is where to buy them so I can get them the quickest and book our FP online? Or do I just wait and get tix. from UCT and then get FP's once we get to the parks?

Call them and see if they will pull and set aside tickets for you if you pay in advance and will give you the numbers off the tickets. It seems it's becoming frequent now that is the way to address the registering of tickets with MDE when buying tickets from 3rd parties.

So I figure why buy PH passes for this trip?

For the same reasons you would have bought them in the past... did you look at FP availability in the park before deciding if you would goto the park that day? No.. ok, then nothing has changed :)

HRHPrincessAriel

Call them and see if they will pull and set aside tickets for you

For the same reasons you would have bought them in the past... did you look at FP availability in the park before deciding if you would goto the park that day? No.. ok, then nothing has changed :)
eh...but I also hopped because I knew more than likely I would be able to get some FP's. The only one I was never able to get my PHing was TSM.

MIKETFROMRI

So, it looks like you will be able to get another fastpass AFTER you have used your 3 you signed up for, then another one after you have used that one. SO......question?....this would not help if you have fast passes set up for night time?Only if you have them set up early in the day will you be able to take advantage of this. So the fast passes I have for couple evenings 6pm and later I should change to be able to get extra...correct? Anyone experience this yet?

Weather_Lady

You are correct -- if and when the "extra Fastpass" system is implemented in the same way it's been "tested" so far. The "testing" has consisted of some random guests discovering that they could make a FP after their allotment was gone, but it hasn't worked for everyone and WDW had not announced when it will be officially offered, or what the parameters will be.

DisneyGirl3820

I noticed this as well when I set my FP+ selections the other day. I actually switched a few days because of this reason. I want to get the most out of this new system so I made selections for day time and I'm crossing my fingers that I can get some more for the other parks for the evening. Wish they would change this to allow park hopping soon!

Rob562

HELP!!
So we just booked a last minute trip for memorial day week 5/24-31, off-site. We have not been there since the new FP system began. I was planning to purchase tix. from Undecovertourist but since I am almost at 30 days out I'm not sure that would be the best option in regards to getting good FP choices, as they will not come til 2 weeks before our trip.

I am really struggling with this as we were major FP users, we'd use 6-8 per day depending on the park we were at. Plus they still have not added parkhopper options for using FP, correct? So I figure why buy PH passes for this trip?

Don't worry about it. Even with the busy Easter weekend, all attractions were still available via FP+ up until the day before, except for the Anna and Elsa M&G. (And those seem to be going immediately when they become available for Disney resort Guests at 60 days out, so you wouldn't be getting them anyway)

Order your discount tickets from Undercover Tourist, link the tickets when you get them in the mail and then make FP+.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom