Attraction height and age restrictions

HRHPrincessAriel

My son hit 40 inches. First big milestone for him.
I'm getting nervous. She's at 39.5 with shoes on and our trip is in June...I'm honestly thinking of pushing back till next year. A lot of the 40 inch rides she'd love.BTMRR, Test Track. I know there are other things she could/would enjoy but we wanted to take her for the 1st time at 40inches.

EDIT: just measured and she's 39.75 with shoes in the garage.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I'm getting nervous. She's at 39.5 with shoes on and our trip is in June...I'm honestly thinking of pushing back till next year. A lot of the 40 inch rides she'd love.BTMRR, Test Track. I know there are other things she could/would enjoy but we wanted to take her for the 1st time at 40inches.

EDIT: just measured and she's 39.75 with shoes in the garage.

Hopefully she'll get there! Cowboy boots maybe?

My son was 38.5 with shoes when we were in WDW in Nov. and he suddenly shot up so he will get to ride the 40 inch rides at DL this May. My daughter was right on the 40 inch line with shoes in Nov and it was a little hard on my son to have her ride things without him at first thankfully no meltdowns.

HRHPrincessAriel

Hopefully she'll get there! Cowboy boots maybe?

My son was 38.5 with shoes when we were in WDW in Nov. and he suddenly shot up so he will get to ride the 40 inch rides at DL this May. My daughter was right on the 40 inch line with shoes in Nov and it was a little hard on my son to have her ride things without him at first thankfully no meltdowns.
Being from Texas we do have a pair ;-)
Just measured with her crocs and saltwater sandals on and was 40inches! So we should be ok in 3 more months right? Right?!? Lol

Gemma1878

I'm laughing to myself reading this! I didn't even think of the differing heights!!

We go in June and I've just raced to the doorframe in my son's bedroom (where I record and date his measurements!!!).

He was 39.5" in his socks in Feb. As soon as he gets back in from Asda with his nan I'm attacking him with the tape measure!!!!

PARichards

We have 37.5in-tall-will-be4-yr-olds, and I'm crossing fingers for a growth spurt this summer! That said, hopes aren't high that they'll be tall enough to do most things, so DH and I were under the impression that we could each ride with one of the twins, and the 6 and 8 yr olds could go together on, for example, Dumbo? Will DH and I be asked to take turns taking all 4 girls up separately?! Or can 3 people at a time ride, say, a teacup, so that DH rides with one 4yr old and the 6yr old, and I ride with 4yrold#2 and the 8 yr old? If we will all be switching, etc., I'd just like to know so I can factor that in to our touring plan schedules, thx!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We have 37.5in-tall-will-be4-yr-olds, and I'm crossing fingers for a growth spurt this summer! That said, hopes aren't high that they'll be tall enough to do most things, so DH and I were under the impression that we could each ride with one of the twins, and the 6 and 8 yr olds could go together on, for example, Dumbo? Will DH and I be asked to take turns taking all 4 girls up separately?! Or can 3 people at a time ride, say, a teacup, so that DH rides with one 4yr old and the 6yr old, and I ride with 4yrold#2 and the 8 yr old? If we will all be switching, etc., I'd just like to know so I can factor that in to our touring plan schedules, thx!

You have to be 7 to ride without someone 14 or older officially. You should be able to fit 3 across in most non height limit rides like Dumbo and the Tea Cups. Things like coasters can be tricky as they want you to ride in the same row as your under 7 yos. However most CMs don't ask the kids ages unless they look younger then 7.

PARichards

There's nooo way the twins will be 40 in tall by September, but here's to hoping! From what I've seen/heard, my goal for them is 38 in. so they can ride Kali River Rapids with the family. The older two are often mistaken for twins, since the oldest is petite, too, so maybe they'll be allowed to ride things together so DH and I can each take a 4yr old with us. and not have to ride things twice to get everyone on. If riding twice is a must, how much time should I add to our touring plans at MK? What about rides like Toy Story Mania at DHS? Shoukd I plan soemthung like that for when the GPs will be with us? Our ADRs are planned with the GPs, but we weren't otherwise planning on being joined at the hip... time for a new plan? :/

Weather_Lady

There's nooo way the twins will be 40 in tall by September, but here's to hoping! From what I've seen/heard, my goal for them is 38 in. so they can ride Kali River Rapids with the family. The older two are often mistaken for twins, since the oldest is petite, too, so maybe they'll be allowed to ride things together so DH and I can each take a 4yr old with us. and not have to ride things twice to get everyone on. If riding twice is a must, how much time should I add to our touring plans at MK? What about rides like Toy Story Mania at DHS? Shoukd I plan soemthung like that for when the GPs will be with us? Our ADRs are planned with the GPs, but we weren't otherwise planning on being joined at the hip... time for a new plan? :/

If you're utilizing child swap (a/k/a rider switch) at attractions due to height issues (e.g., an adult needs to wait with the under-height kids, and then you switch off), it will double your "on-ride" time, but not your wait time, as you will not be required to go back through the line again. Adjusting your touring plans for the extra time should be pretty simple.

For attractions where everybody can ride and the older two want to ride together, having 2 children ride together is permitted on almost all attractions as far as I know. (I know that some of the more intense ones like Soarin' and Space Mountain require that children under 7 be "accompanied" by a person 14 years or older, but I don't know whether that means they have to sit in/adjacent in the same ride vehicle, or just that they have to be present at the attraction with them. My sister and I always rode together from the ages of 6/8 and it was never an issue. Perhaps someone else might have some insight into the particulars of the "accompanied by" requirement...)

One exception I can think of would be something like Tomorrowland Speedway, which requires that an adult be in the car in order for the shorter height requirement to apply...

PARichards

If you're utilizing child swap (a/k/a rider switch) at attractions due to height issues (e.g., an adult needs to wait with the under-height kids, and then you switch off), it will double your "on-ride" time, but not your wait time, as you will not be required to go back through the line again. Adjusting your touring plans for the extra time should be pretty simple.

It's assurances like this that keep me sane. Confession: I have been fighting this WDW trip. For a long time now. And once the twins came along? Pffft. My DH was with me because of the cost issue, and I just was (still am) so overwhelmed- all this work and stress and no guarantee that it'll be worth it? No, no, I don't completely believe that last part. But it certainly *is* a lot of (mostly fun) work doing the research to make sure it's definitely worth it. I am just really grateful for your (and everyone's) feedback, Weather_Lady. That is all.

Weather_Lady

It's assurances like this that keep me sane. Confession: I have been fighting this WDW trip. For a long time now. And once the twins came along? Pffft. My DH was with me because of the cost issue, and I just was (still am) so overwhelmed- all this work and stress and no guarantee that it'll be worth it? No, no, I don't completely believe that last part. But it certainly *is* a lot of (mostly fun) work doing the research to make sure it's definitely worth it. I am just really grateful for your (and everyone's) feedback, Weather_Lady. That is all.

I came here for the same reasons before my first trip-after-the-kids, and found the same kind of assurance in the lovely members here. (I'm still a comparative newbie, but they've all been patient with me.)

I hope you continue to enjoy the pre-planning. More and more, a successful WDW trip cannot be had without some foreknowledge and planning well in advance. The nice thing is that once you arrive, you can totally relax, since your know-how about what attractions are popular and what park schedules are like will allow you to deal with any deviations in your plans. (And with small children, there will always be deviations. Go with them -- sometimes those unplanned moments and unexpected experiences are the ones you treasure most.)

My family likes to paraphrase Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl: "That Disney touring plan we made? It's more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules."

buseegal

for Kali River it will depend on height of the older 2 and I forget the upper height. between certain height kids must sit in seat with extra bar with an adult in out seat. not sure there are enough of the bar seats for 3 kids on one rafts. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom