Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

Donald96

Original Poster
image.jpg
image.jpg
Seems to me they're testing color schemes...

Soarin' Over Pgh

Finished result obviously unseen, but a variety of colors sounds as if it would make the place look tacky rather than futuristic.

Paint store have a sale on one-off colors in the bargain bin or something?

I guess the old "be careful what you ask for" needs to be shoved in our faces right about here, no? Apparently they heard our cries for updating Epcot.

We get new paint to ride and experience. I bet you can book your matching color scheme 60 days out on their website!

Captain Chaos

I guess the old "be careful what you ask for" needs to be shoved in our faces right about here, no? Apparently they heard our cries for updating Epcot.

We get new paint to ride and experience. I bet you can book your matching color scheme 60 days out on their website!
Well, some people do say Epcot is boring and watching paint dry is more exciting.. So TDO is giving them what they want, to watch paint dry... Problem is, you cannot watch the paint dry unless you book it 60 days in advance, and by then, the paint will already be dry...

The Empress Lilly

Here's from my trip in October...look how blah the paint job looked.
View attachment 49993
Yes. The entire EPCOT parklike hub has been replaced the way they have and are now replacing the MK park-lke hub.

The CC/Innoventions buildings should be subdued colours, set in a park-like plaza, with water and fountains and trees. Then their subdued colours and repetitive facades become elegance. On their own, having to carry an otherwise empty plaza, the restraint and repetition of the architecture turns into boring. The plaza is too large, the architecture too restraint. So this then has to be remedied. But each subsequent attempt to remedy that boring look then only adds clutter and tackiness, from those trianges to cutting the Innoventions buildings in half to those swirly things to current (possible?) polychrome paintjobs.

Communicore_Future_World_front.jpg

Seabasealpha1

Last I was there, the tops of some of the buildings looked dirty and like they have years of paint buildup/decay on them...some fresh paint could be good. Though, I'd prefer to see the purple above NOT be put in the color scheme. I'd go with Silver/black/white...

Maybe they should think like "classic NASA" when they pick paint out...

Goofnut1980

Hey... I am for any paint color than what is there. The peach is just so drab and boring. I kinda like the look of multiple colors, but only if they change the neon to an LED that changes colors. That would make it look cool at night.

While I am on that subject, can anyone tell me why they don't do the color changing LEDs on SSE like Cindys house? That big ol ball changing colors would rock!

Hey... I am for any paint color than what is there. The peach is just so drab and boring. I kinda like the look of multiple colors, but only if they change the neon to an LED that changes colors. That would make it look cool at night.

While I am on that subject, can anyone tell me why they don't do the color changing LEDs on SSE like Cindys house? That big ol ball changing colors would rock!

The lights that light up the palm trees underneath spaceship earth can and do change colors.... It's a really easy thing to do it's just a matter of if they want to spend the money on buying new lights to light up the ball.... Which they don't

cspencer96

The lights that light up the palm trees underneath spaceship earth can and do change colors.... It's a really easy thing to do it's just a matter of if they want to spend the money on buying new lights to light up the ball.... Which they don't
Eh, it's an easy thing to just light up Spaceship Earth with bright color which would come from LEDs, maybe not so easy to keep the current beauty and grandeur. The current lighting package for SE involves high powered lights with colored gels that produce subtle, tasteful color. To replicate this, a lot of testing and experimenting would need to be done. LED light, while gorgeous, is much different from tungsten, halogen, and xenon. SE would look horrible lit up like the castle - it needs class and subtlety, not whimsy and vivid color. An LED lighting package is of course possible, the work just needs to be done in order to hone down the details of it. If Disney wants help, I'm open!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom