Upcoming Disney Animated Blu-rays

Yert3

Yeah, I know. I'm waiting to bite on a U.S. Diamond Edition release or the like, though... I like my slipcovers and all that. :p
I got ya. I think I spent $40 extra on my Pinocchio Blu-ray on Amazon just for the slip cover. I was just going to buy Aladdin and 101 Dalmatians again when they came out here for the US box art. But for the movies themselves, I just bought from the UK. Considing they're really cheap there.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I got ya. I think I spent $40 extra on my Pinocchio Blu-ray on Amazon just for the slip cover. I was just going to buy Aladdin and 101 Dalmatians again when they came out here for the US box art. But for the movies themselves, I just bought from the UK. Considing they're really cheap there.
Luckily I picked up Pinocchio when it came out, but I never got Sleeping Beauty. That kills me since it's so difficult to find with a slip for a decent price now! Thankfully it's being released again, though. :cool:

Another reason why I'm not hot on imports is because of those darn rating logo thingies on the spines. I feel like they'd drive me crazy when looking at my collection. I have Gnomeo and Juliet 3D from Canada because it was super cheap new about a month ago, and that's a pain to look at since the title on the spine is in English and French. I'm super weird about this stuff. :p

Magenta Panther

I just saw the trailer for the Blu-Ray "Mary Poppins" release. And boy did it tick me off!

The trailer says, and I quote: "For 50 years...one film...has truly defined...Disney magic".

Then it lists all the awards the movie won. A TON of them.

Then it shows clips from the film. Delightful. Cleverly put together.

And then I think..."Yeah!!! But where is Mary Poppins in the PARKS, huh? She's barely there if at all! But oh yeah YODA is there, and INDIANA JONES, and the freaking MUPPETS, and maybe AVATAR and MARVEL crap too. But oh no not MARY POPPINS, Walt's crowning achievement (which is a quote from Leonard Maltin and was also in the trailer)..l

TICKED ME OFF BIG TIME.

Still gonna get the Blu-Ray but MAN do I want to kick Iger's butt about now...(stomps off fuming)

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Luckily I picked up Pinocchio when it came out, but I never got Sleeping Beauty. That kills me since it's so difficult to find with a slip for a decent price now! Thankfully it's being released again, though. :cool:

Another reason why I'm not hot on imports is because of those darn rating logo thingies on the spines. I feel like they'd drive me crazy when looking at my collection. I have Gnomeo and Juliet 3D from Canada because it was super cheap new about a month ago, and that's a pain to look at since the title on the spine is in English and French. I'm super weird about this stuff. :p

Not all Canadian blu-rays are like that, just the dual-language packaging version. You can get all the Disney titles here without them easily.

mavlax20

Right now, on amazon, you can get $5 off the preorder for the diamond edition of The Jungle Book. Just wanted to give a heads up. I think it is for this week only though, and only the Blu-Ray combo pack

mavlax20

I see your updated info for Frozen, what is weird is that Amazon sent me an email saying the estimated delivery date for my pre-order is between Jan 24 and Jan 30, which I think is a little off because it's so soon after the movie release. Regardless, I still pre-ordered it, and can't wait to get it.

Matt_Black

And then I think..."Yeah!!! But where is Mary Poppins in the PARKS, huh? She's barely there if at all! But oh yeah YODA is there, and INDIANA JONES, and the freaking MUPPETS, and maybe AVATAR and MARVEL crap too. But oh no not MARY POPPINS, Walt's crowning achievement (which is a quote from Leonard Maltin and was also in the trailer)..

"We really need to do this because Disneyland needs to have an attraction based on characters that children today are growing up with. We need a mythology that really touches people's heart, like Walt used to do."- Tony Baxter, while pitching what would become Star Tours.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Disney has now listed Hercules and Tarzan as "coming soon" on their website. The estimated release is June, same as Australia:

5289965a4549b855d74f737b7f12eb963ccd8971.jpg

5d2d4752230b2136fb6cf911599728d403d10ab0.jpg

I'm also going to predict now that The Black Cauldron and Bedknobs and Broomsticks will be released in the fall/winter of this year.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The latter? Yeah, I can see that. The former? Well, it's got a better chance than Song of the South, at any rate.

The movie is not banned and has been released twice to DVD, why would you compare it with SotS? It's going to be released to Blu-ray at some point and they're running out of "new" titles.

Matt_Black

The movie is not banned and has been released twice to DVD, why would you compare it with SotS? It's going to be released to Blu-ray at some point and they're running out of "new" titles.

Fair enough. It's just one of those titles that I'd think would be low on the priority totem pole. Now, what they SHOULD release on DVD is the Aladdin animated series!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Interesting news from The Digital Bits...

And here’s something Rumor Mill worthy... the Disney Wiki has listed street dates for upcoming DisneyDiamond Edition Blu-ray animated titles, including Sleeping Beauty (10/2), 101 Dalmatians (2/3/15),Aladdin (10/6/15), and Pinocchio (2/2/16). The very same Wiki has also listed the following additional BD releases for this year: Muppets Most Wanted (June), Hercules (6/10), Tarzan (6/10), A Goofy Movie & An Extremely Goofy Movie (2-Movie Collection – 6/24), Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Musketeers(Summer), The Black Cauldron: Special Edition (8/19), Bears (8/26), Fun and Fancy Free (9/30), The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (9/30), Saludos Amigos & The Three Caballeros (2-Movie Collection – 12/2), Make Mine Music & Melody Time (2-Movie Collection – 12/2), and Planes: Fire & Rescue (12/9). Salt this information appropriately, but still... these dates make sense. Thanks to Bits reader Bill M. for the heads-up.

Oh do I hope that news about A Goofy Movie is true. :jawdrop: Please let it FINALLY happen, Disney!

216bruce

Thrilled to see some of the 40's anthology stuff coming out on Blu-ray (just hoping they don't 'restore' them into oblivion), but I'm sure all of the releases including Herc and Tarzan will be lame as far as extras go. Looks like the deluxe dvd of Tarzan is staying on the shelf with a Blu-ray brother.

Really glad to see those two 40s anthologies up for Blu-ray release so I can upgrade from my DVDs, although I really hope any restoration stays true to the original intent (*cough* Sword in the Stone *cough*).

What I really wish is that they'd rerelease the Walt Disney Treasures sets on Blu-ray.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
BIG NEWS TODAY:

Hercules, Tarzan, Bedknobs and Broomsticks and The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad have all been announced for an August 12 debut. The same day the Mickey Mouse Three Musketeers movie and (apparently) Fun and Fancy Free will also be released, as a combo pack with Ichabod & Mr. Toad

Sleeping Beauty has also been given the date of October 7th.

Last edited:

mavlax20

Looks like I'll be buying quite a few movies on Aug 12...

Edit:

On Amazon, you can now pre-order Hercules, Tarzan, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad/Fun and Fancy Free two pack!!! My fiancé is going to think I'm crazy when all 4 movies arrive on my doorstep.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom