Jammin Jungle closing in June

NearTheEars

It sad to see anything go away, but I must say I saw the parade for the first time last week and really was not too impressed. It seemed like every other float was just carrying a special guest. And the pathways in parts of DAK are pretty narrow, which doesn't leave the performers too much space to, well, perform.

But like I said, it stinks to see anything get cut.

CDavid

If there weren't plans to add more entertainment, then I think the outrage would have merit. However, this is being cut to make way for the aforementioned new evening entertainment.

What is it about the evening entertainment - which doesn't even exist yet - which prevents the continued operation of an afternoon parade? Other than the almighty dollar, of course.

aladdin2007

I guess its sounding like logistics for the reason of this one being cut, upcoming night stuff and avatar construction, but if they want to cut something to save money, cut move it shake it already, once FOF debuts. Dont flame me for hating it lol, but that obnoxious thing is so blaring loud with that screaming dj you cant even speak or hear to check in at the Plaza. Its beyond ridiculous. I dont even feel like Im at Disney anymore, entertainment has really been lowered in quality.
But sad were going to be down to only one park with a parade left. the electrical parade will probably be next.

doctornick

If there weren't plans to add more entertainment, then I think the outrage would have merit. However, this is being cut to make way for the aforementioned new evening entertainment.

The thing is that if the goal is to make DAK a "full day park" and keep guests there for longer hours, they really need the day time parade in addition to the night time show. There's already a paucity of attractions in DAK to warrant a full day, especially for people who don't want to just take in the scenery or spend a lot of time on the animal trails. The park really needs the night time show and the daytime parade and Pandora and a few more rides to be fully fleshed out. One step forward, two steps back it seems.

GenerationX

The new evening entertainment - Goofy's Guestiful Gopher Game! Put on a Mickey hardhat and join in the fun! Your Goofy Guide will direct you in moving Minnie's magical machinery, cleaning Clarabelle's Caterpillar clogs, and doting Donald's dream debris into Disney dumpsters! So, have a hand in building Avatarland and make Goofy's Guestiful Gopher Game your FP+ choice today.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good news in my books. Make way for evening entertainment (and entertainment people actually want to watch).

I could appreciate that statement if this was Febuary 2016. Making way for evening entertainment that is years away from launching? How is this "Good News" for 2014 with Lion King already closed along with Camp Minnie and Mickey and now Jammin?

Disney was always thin on things to do at AK to start with, offering less than there already was seems problematic not good news.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I couldn't care less about this cut. Just being honest. I will not be sad over some piece of entertainment that was basically worthless just to be sad. Maybe the reason they cut it was not about money, but about the fact that it just plain sucked.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You're trying too hard.

Oh sorry, let me get on board. This is just another attempt by WDW to save money by cutting back entertainment available to guests while raising prices on everything to squeeze every last cent from its guests. They forgot they are in the business to create great experiences for their guests who come to the parks and this is just another example of corporate greed. Better?

twebber55

Oh sorry, let me get on board. This is just another attempt by WDW to save money by cutting back entertainment available to guests while raising prices on everything to squeeze every last cent from its guests. They forgot they are in the business to create great experiences for their guests who come to the parks and this is just another example of corporate greed. Better?
gotta toe the company line Andrew;)

CDavid

I couldn't care less about this cut. Just being honest. I will not be sad over some piece of entertainment that was basically worthless just to be sad. Maybe the reason they cut it was not about money, but about the fact that it just plain sucked.

Just because you don't like this particular parade doesn't make it worthless. Granted, it is no Tapestry of Nations or SpectroMagic, but it was a completely respectable parade. It even has a Christmas version overlay, something rare in Walt Disney World.

roj2323

I'm glad to hear this parade is leaving. I honestly didn't find it all that enjoyable and I always get stuck in the park because the paths are too narrow to walk past the parade to get to the exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom