Attention Disneyland Foodies :)

forevermickey

Original Poster
A friend is traveling to Cali and will be spending some time in Disneyland/Cali Adventure.. she is a fan of steak house fare and french cuisine.. any suggestions?

TP2000

A friend is traveling to Cali and will be spending some time in Disneyland/Cali Adventure.. she is a fan of steak house fare and french cuisine.. any suggestions?

Steakhouse 55 is very good; solid steaks and chops with acceptably good sides and desserts. It's way in the corner of the Disneyland Hotel, but worth the walk if you want a good steak. The service there is okay, but clearly they sent their best staff over to Napa Rose and Carthay Circle.

The best restaurants at Disneyland are elsewhere though. In my own personal opinion, and in order of greatness;

1. Napa Rose at Grand Californian Hotel. Superb service, stellar food, great presentation, in an elegant dining room. The lounge there is very nice also; good bartenders who know their trade well and a fabulous lounge menu pulled from the dining room menu. At Christmas the decorations and roaring fire are nice, and cigar and cigarette smokers are welcomed out on the rustic patio around the fire pits.

2. Carthay Circle Restaurant at DCA. This place has really come into its own in the last year, after an uneven launch last summer. Basically it's just one half notch below Napa Rose in service, food and presentation. The facility however gives it back that half notch to meet the Napa Rose standard because the dining room and furnishings are so beautifully done. They spared no expense on this one, and it shows. And the Carthay cocktail lounge is also very well done, either as a pre-dinner warm up or just on its own during the day to get away from the maddening crowds of Cars Land.

3. Catal in Downtown Disney. Remember, Downtown Disney is just a few minutes walk from Space Mountain or Cars Land and is even closer to the parks than the Disney hotels. Catal has great service, a polished upscale vibe, and does wonderful California Continental cuisine. It's on the second floor above Downtown Disney, and the large balcony tables and floor to ceiling windows have a great view of the Disneyland fireworks.

Sweet Melissa

I second the Napa Rose and Catal. I also think that Catal's outdoor bar area, the Uva Bar, has some great drinks and appetizers if they're interested in picking at some tapas. I think the entire menu at Blue Bayou is awash in mediocrity, but I guess it's something that everyone should learn for themselves. The experience is still fun. I also think Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is a nice spot too. The cuisine is New Orleans style, so there are a couple dishes that might satisfy a craving for French food. Oh, and the Cove Bar in DCA is a fantastic lunch spot.

DizneyPryncess

Blue Bayou is very cool. It overlooks POTC! The menu is very good. Carthay Circle was also very good. The best person on the boards to ask is @raven24 with any DL questions. She's the best!

I second Blue Bayou! I've only been to DL once, and this was one of two places that we went. Our whole group really liked it. It's New Orleans style food, which isn't usually me, but I found things I would eat.

westie

Let me second Steakhouse 55. My prime rib was to die for! The garlic-broccoli and fried calamari rounded out a great meal. Our waiter who's name I can't recall was the best as well. Also the root beer baked Alaska had me calling for a wheelchair ride back to my room! Highly recommended and worth every penny spent.

kkocka

Steakhouse 55 is fantastic. Never had a bad experience there. If you like wine, ask your host or server if you can visit the wine cellar. We had a lot of people watching us inside. :) Bought a very expensive bottle of wine too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom