Atomicmickey

The model is obviously going to be a better representation of the physical and spatial realities of the project than art intended to evoke mood and emotion.

Of course the model is better than the art at showing what will be built. But . . .

What's to the left and right of the model? What's behind it, a dropoff with
a giant Staggs, Cameron, and Rhode? What's off-camera?

We have no way of knowing if we are seeing the whole thing.

Unless some people here know more.

There is still rumor of a yet-to-be greenlit coaster. That's all I'm saying.

Atomicmickey

I was sooooo against avatar but if it looks anything like the concept art im gunna be first in line

To you, and all of you who have been against this and are now
reconsidering, what did you THINK it was going to look like?
These are virtual recreations of frames from the film. This
is what I always thought it would look like, how could it
be anything else?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
To you, and all of you who have been against this and are now
reconsidering, what did you THINK it was going to look like?
These are virtual recreations of frames from the film. This
is what I always thought it would look like, how could it
be anything else?
Unfortunately, the reality of what we finally get rarely matches the original artists renderings.

Bocabear

man I like the fantasy version much better lolol, but your right thats probably exactly what will happen.
There! I fixed it...forgot to add the Churro cart though....

Attachments

• fixed concept art.jpg
    fixed concept art.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 126

Californian Elitist

Heaven forbid I should get between you fanbois and your lame blue Smurfycats!

And you think there'll be a LINE for this junk? HAhahahah!!!! Peter Pan's Flight will kick its cyan in popularity.

Seriously, your ridiculousness and head-in-the-clouds thoughts are getting played out. We get it.

The art looks nice. They shouldn't have announced this in 2011, though, but whatever. What's done is done.

darthokeefe

People are starved for anything new, particularly in this park. When they think about it for a day or two, they will remember (as they did when the land was first announced) that it:

1. Is focused on an intellectual property with no memorable characters that has already left the cultural consciousness (unlike Star Wars or Harry Potter), and
2. Its concept has nothing to do with a park centered on Earth animals - utilizing the same logic (its about another planet and they have some animals there and it kind of looks like a jungle) they could put an Ewoks or Chewbacca attraction in Animal Kingdom and it would make sense also. It does not.

It was a panic move at a time when Disney thought it had no intellectual property that appealed to boys. Panic moves rarely work out and, further, now they have plenty of intellectual property that appeals to boys that they own outright and are more popular than Avatar (Star Wars, Marvel, Indiana Jones). Their insistence on going ahead with Avatarland in Animal Kingdom is foolish. They should have just scrapped the idea and ate the investment cost ... or built a substantially downsized attraction/mini-land in DHS where it kind of, sort of fits.

Please Enough already get off your soap box..If anything they are being forward thinking Avatar has Multiple sequals planned to be released around the time the land debuts..You bet your bippy after another 2 Billion in worldwide profits people will remember the characters..Damn the land isnt based on Characters at all..THE ENVIRONMENT IS THE MAIN CHARACTER..NATURE...thats why this is engenious..my 70 year old mother will see the beauty in that boat ride and it wont matter that she hasnt seen Avatar...I love it..was mixed upon announcement but now i am 100% on board and truly home that the Orlando Suits dont skimp n the funding and do this the right way

unkadug

Discovery River is a big river that goes around the entire park.

So, I repeat, where are they going to build out the infrastructure for this show?
This whole thing seems underwhelming.

Local bands playing on a raft along with some floating luminaries. Throw in a few floating water-screen rafts and you have your infrastructure.

It all sounds so cheap and uninspired.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With Cameron on board....I promise you this will be the final look. Pay more attention to this model. It's the final version...and it matches the leaked plans. The soarin ride is in the mountain and underneath the soarin ride, the boat ride will take place. Still not sure if the boat ride is all inside or just half.

Nighttime show is huge and will be a show stopper....it will fill the park at night.

It looks to me like the boat ride will be across the main path from the big mountain right under Joe Rhodes' right hand. It looks to be at least partially outside but the art shows a darker ride so I'm hoping for both an indoor and outdoor ride maybe looping into or under a mountain. I'm assuming he rest of the wooded area in the front of the model could house shops, themed bathrooms and maybe even a restaurant.

Atomicmickey

This whole thing seems underwhelming.

Local bands playing on a raft along with some floating luminaries. Through in a few floating water-screen rafts and you have your infrastructure.

It all sounds so cheap and uninspired.

Apparently this is the show that is playing in your imagination, because where
do they say this?

I see art with animated lights on the tree of life. I don't see a raft?
Are we looking at the same thing?

And, I really wish someone who actually has some inside information on the
pending infrastructure would chime in, as opposed to subjective opinion . . .

unkadug

Apparently this is the show that is playing in your imagination, because where
do they say this?

I see art with animated lights on the tree of life. I don't see a raft?
Are we looking at the same thing?

And, I really wish someone who actually has some inside information on the
pending infrastructure would chime in, as opposed to subjective opinion . . .
I was simply going by what the press release quoted.

There will be no inside information right now because there is nothing BUT opinion.

CinematicFusion

Work at WDI? These sound like facts. Are they? Or are they just your opinion based upon what
has been released for all of us to speculate upon?

Don't work at Disney, basing this all on Cameron's reputation in the film world since the 80's. Cameron wouldn't release the picture of the model until he was 100 percent on board....what you see is what the area is going to look like.
The paintings are just an artist interpretation of how the audience is to feel at the park while touring avatar land.
The model you see is what it's going to be. Cameron is a stickler to detail and avatar is his baby. This is the final concept.

Atomicmickey

Don't work at Disney, basing this all on Cameron's reputation in the film world since the 80's. Cameron wouldn't release the picture of the model until he was 100 percent on board....what you see is what the area is going to look like.
The paintings are just an artist interpretation of how the audience is to feel at the park while touring avatar land.
The model you see is what it's going to be. Cameron is a stickler to detail and avatar is his baby. This is the final concept.

Are we seeing the whole model?

If so, how do you know that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom