Disneyland Half Marathon

Katherine

I'm only running the half marathon, and my number is 1704, which I can only assume is that the numbers are alphabetized via last name, and my last name begins with the letter A. Or, I told Disney I finished my first-ever half marathon in 2:22.57, which could place me in A corral or B corral.

Who knows exactly but all I know is that I have a bib number!

So, @-em and @Katherine, are you running the Dumbo Double Dare?

Yep I'm running Dumbo and can't wait! Disney races (and most races for that matter) always release numbers from fastest to slowest expected pace. That way they can corral people easily by bib number since everyone is "pre sorted" by pace. So congrats! You'll get to see all the excitement and get on your way without having to wait around for too long!

This is all based on past experience though so it might change but I would put good money on nothing changing too drastically.

-em

I am running Dumbo- Wasnt going to make the trip this year (its my 3rd DLR 1/2 in a row) but they had to dangle a medal with one of my fav characters...

Been a tough few months training so should be interesting to see how it goes but should be fun :)

dreamfinder

They made such a big deal about him running it seems weird that they didn't just go ahead and adjust his information (even though I know it's against disney rules to transfer but so is running in someone's place soo...).

They didn't have a choice. After promoting that a good half dozen plus "celebrities" were going to run the 20th, and then most of them had to pull out for one reason or another, they were scrounging.

AUPr8Hd

I was looking at the maps from last year and this year. It looks like there will be a slightly longer stretch along the Santa Ana before coming into Angels stadium this year.

For those that haven't run this before, the trail here can be somewhat narrow. It's probably similar in width to the walkway between Boardwalk and DHS.

Texas84

I was looking at the maps from last year and this year. It looks like there will be a slightly longer stretch along the Santa Ana before coming into Angels stadium this year.

For those that haven't run this before, the trail here can be somewhat narrow. It's probably similar in width to the walkway between Boardwalk and DHS.

And dusty :facepalm:

a2grafix

And dusty :facepalm:

Maybe similar to the gravel trail on the Tower of Terror 10 miler once you get off of Osceola Parkway and run through the woods to get inside the the ESPN Sports Complex. Gravely and dusty.

Looking at the corral placements, I'm in Corral B based on my bib number. Just hope there are no "fake half marathoners" who decided to start walking from the start, like what took place at the 2012 Tower 10 miler.

Anyway, getting excited, antsy. See you in a month everyone.

AUPr8Hd

Maybe similar to the gravel trail on the Tower of Terror 10 miler once you get off of Osceola Parkway and run through the woods to get inside the the ESPN Sports Complex. Gravely and dusty.

The trail along Santa Ana isn't gravelly, if I recall correctly. It's more crushed than anything. But, dusty is a definite

-em

Corral C here- Which is a tad odd cause both my proof and estimate of time puts me in D but wont complain but will start near the back of C :)

oh and the other 'fun' parts of Santa Ana trail- The homeless camps under the bridges and the 'weekenders' out for a stroll (who feel they have the right of way despite thousands of runners..)
-em

a2grafix

Where are you all getting corral placement?

runDisney updated Tuesday their runner info section for the weekend events, including final race instructions, program, course maps, waivers, and bib corral placements ... http://www.rundisney.com/disneyland-half-marathon/

Click away!

Bib assignment for half marathon: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/disneyland-half/2013/CorralAssignmentsDLHM.pdf
Bib assignment for Dumbo Dare: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/disneyland-half/2013/CorralAssignmentsDDD.pdf
Bib assignment for 10K: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/disneyland-half/2013/CorralAssignmentsD10K.pdf

LindsayLoves

Ha! There are 9 people in the "Elite" Dumbo group. 20001-20010.

I love the fact that they put the times clearly on there even though it looks like people are being bumped to lower corrals on this board. If their standards remain the same I will definitely be in an "A" corral the next time I runDisney!

Katherine

Ha! There are 9 people in the "Elite" Dumbo group. 20001-20010.

I love the fact that they put the times clearly on there even though it looks like people are being bumped to lower corrals on this board. If their standards remain the same I will definitely be in an "A" corral the next time I runDisney!

I chuckled at that too. Really? 10 people for Dumbo in the elite group?

Texas84

OK, I'm going to complain about the 10K a bit, probably because I spend too much time on those 'Spirited' threads. First, we run OUT of Radiator Springs, not in. Second, we bypass Buena Vista St. Running through Paradise Pier looks fun though. And looks like you definitely get more park time with the 10K. Going to be a blast.

Katherine

OK, I'm going to complain about the 10K a bit, probably because I spend too much time on those 'Spirited' threads. First, we run OUT of Radiator Springs, not in. Second, we bypass Buena Vista St. Running through Paradise Pier looks fun though. And looks like you definitely get more park time with the 10K. Going to be a blast.
I like the route we take in Disneyland. It'll be cool to see ToonTown that early in the morning! I love that it's practically all in the parks! Didn't realize the route through Radiator Springs, but it's okay.

Katherine

Quick question for those that have run the race before. I have a group of about 15 people running in the race.

Where is a good meeting place in the morning before the race and how much time will it take to get from that spot to the corrals?

Second, after the race, where is a good place to group? Personally, I'm going to want to go back through bag check to grab my things and get some souvenirs as I'm waiting so somewhere beyond bag check pick up would be ideal. Also, once going beyond the bag-check can I go back and watch the finish line?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Texas84

Quick question for those that have run the race before. I have a group of about 15 people running in the race.

Where is a good meeting place in the morning before the race and how much time will it take to get from that spot to the corrals?

Second, after the race, where is a good place to group? Personally, I'm going to want to go back through bag check to grab my things and get some souvenirs as I'm waiting so somewhere beyond bag check pick up would be ideal. Also, once going beyond the bag-check can I go back and watch the finish line?

Thanks in advance for the help!

We were talking about that earlier. The sorcerer's hat at Disneyland Hotel was mentioned. Might try to do a WDWMagic meet. The hotel is right next to the start and finish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom