Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianway

Current concept art, no. Not until Uni releases it. I probably have old art from the initial planning of the expansion, though. The initial plan didn't have the hub there at all even, just a long elevated walk from a much smaller central hub. At that stage, there was a transit station beyond the garages towards Kirkman Road that connected to a rail or monorail line that skirted the outside of the property. That changed as the planning went on, and the central transit hub was added instead with the intent of running it down or alongside Universal Blvd. I'll see if I can dig up something from the original plans.
With all the endless talk of how expensive a monorail expansion would cost it makes me wonder...did OLC ever release how much the resort line cost?

luv

Darn. That's a great coaster. If it needs fixing, though, it needs fixing! Or maybe they could just put up some nets. ;)

Why are companies always so hush-hush about everything? Telling people is always better than being all secretive. The truth is simple, easy and usually works just fine!

PhotoDave219

Darn. That's a great coaster. If it needs fixing, though, it needs fixing! Or maybe they could just put up some nets. ;)

Why are companies always so hush-hush about everything? Telling people is always better than being all secretive. The truth is simple, easy and usually works just fine!

The more you try to control the information, the less you control the eventual story.

hpyhnt 1000

So the stoppage caused the injury, not an injury causing the stoppage... And the injury appears minor as the guest was allowed back in the park... Now, what mechanical failure caused the ride to be stopped? Universal just needs to put HRRR out of its misery already...

I'm inclined to agree. Even if it had no problems its at best a so-so coaster that is intrusively situated, lightly themed, and an operational nightmare with a horrible hourly capacity. Its been a slowly unfolding disaster since its initial planning. Time to end it already.

Nubs70

I currently have two large elementary aged children. If choosing between Uni or WDW, which would I choose for several years of the family tradition trip. An expensive park that was once great but is declining? Or a lesser cost park that will have something new every year for years to come?

What's better, a 15 year old dog or a brand new puppy?

JimboJones123

Yes. Who comes up with these franchises such as John Carter and Lone Ranger anyway? Guys who are 95 years old?

Seriously, get with the times already. Civil War heroes who can jump real far on Mars is 1930s cool.
That and one could have made a smaller movie for $30 million much more along the lines of District 9 and it may have been a big hit.

Disney really needs to kill the bloated junk that it releases.

Captain Chaos

Definitely not a non-story. The injury isn't the story, the reason it happened is, and it was actually expected by some TMs.
Saw your post on OU... Sounds like one of the trains was manufactured wrong and was more heavy that the other trains, which led to the train traveling faster on the track, and not being able to stop when it should causing stress on the connecting bar, which today snapped or bent or something causing a collision... Close?

luv

The more you try to control the information, the less you control the eventual story.
I can't tell you how many times in my life people have sad, "Well, you could say..." and I respond with, "I could just tell the truth," and their jaws drop (sometimes literally.)

For so many companies and people, the truth is like the thing they'll try if all the lies don't work.

Some things, obviously, are private and nobody's business. Not saying everyone has to tell all!

But honesty really IS the best (and easiest) policy. :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Disney needs a banned words list.

Magic
Fantasy
Dream
Imagination
Wish
Fantastic
Wonder
Enchantment

I am sure there are at least a dozen more.

How would they come up with all of their show names then?

I still think deep in the offices of TDO there's a slot machine where they choose the names for their shows

[Fantasy] [Enchantment] [Dreams]/º

[Magical] [Wishes] [Wonder]/º

Lee

Adventurer
So the stoppage caused the injury, not an injury causing the stoppage...
Correct.
From what I'm putting together, two vehicles collided but not super hard.

Ii know that they are in the process of refurbing the trains to make them run smoother and, from what I gather, the new vehicles are faster than the old ones. Likely due to weight.

Fast train caught a slow one? Not sure how that could happen, what with brake zones and whatnot...
Gotta be something else.

I expect the ride to be back open sooner than later.

Edit: I could see the two cars becoming separated and colliding at a brake.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Last week a rollercoaster caused a lady to plummet to her death, and it was ALL OVER the news. Six Flags had non-stop coverage on the news and on the web for 2-3 days...that's not good publicity for anyone to have.

Universal is just about to officially open Springfield in the next few days, they don't want bad publicity to show up right before that.

maxairmike

Saw your post on OU... Sounds like one of the trains was manufactured wrong and was more heavy that the other trains, which led to the train traveling faster on the track, and not being able to stop when it should causing stress on the connecting bar, which today snapped or bent or something causing a collision... Close?

You're on the right track (as well as Lee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom