Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs???

Buck Young

Original Poster
Which resort is best, the Caribbean Bean or Coronado Springs? Our group will include: the grandparents (age 65), parents (age 30), and daughter (age 7).

hull327

I can't give you a "versus" comparison as I've never stayed at CB before but I can tell you that Coronado Springs was great for my visit. Bus service was timely and took you directly to the park of your choice without any detour stops. Rooms were clean, pool was great and beds were comfortable.

Vader2112

I have stayed at both. CB once and CSR 3 times. I think the rooms are a little larger at CSR and the grounds are beautiful. The pool area is great as well. The Mayan Grill blows away Shutters. CSR also has a lounge called Rix. It does not have a food court but a buffet and a small food market. The only thing is that CSR is used for conventions. Both resorts are very large so be ready for some walking.

KayFeb13

I haven't stayed at either but I had to choose between the two today :) we decided to go with the CBR in a preferred room. We are traveling with two little girls and I think they will really enjoy the pool area and pirate ship water area! Good luck!

real mad hatter

Only stayed at CBR and enjoyed it..The only reason I never ventured to stay at CS is that I found POFQ and PORS...Also I read that it's used for conventions and believe ( getting fussy now ) that its only got one basin/ mirror..:oops:Correct me if I'am wrong on that one..

Shere_Khan

Coronado is absolutely beautiful! The rooms are great and the beds are queens!
It had the fastest bus service of any resort I've ever stayed at, even deluxe.
I cannot recommend it enough. POR is still my favorite resort in terms of theming but we loved Coronado and are returning in December.

Caribbean Beach...I didn't love.
I think it is more appealing to kids then Coronado, but I think the bright buildings at Caribbean beach look sort of tacky. Busses seem to be slow for a moderate but I think it's just due to the fact that its larger and busier. It's not a terrible place but it would've my last choice of moderates and actually I might stay at POP before Caribbean Beach.

Weather_Lady

How tall are the travelers? CB has only double beds and CSR has queen-size, which is a deciding factor for my tall husband.

The downside of CSR with older travelers is the enormous size of the resort: be sure to ask for a room in (or close to) the main building if you intend to be using the amenities there on a frequent basis.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have stayed at both and really enjoyed both resorts. While I never had a major problem with the buses at the Caribbean I would say that the bus service at Coronado was top notch. It seemed like buses ran on a tight schedule (I always thought it was due to the Convention Center and people might need them to be more timely to get back to convention events but I could be wrong). Both are really nice resorts and would be a good choice.

Tomi-Rocket

I am happy to see the replies on this as we just switched today from ASM to CS and I have never really cared to stay there because of the size of the resort, it's a convention resort and the theming is not up my alley. But reading these replies has made me feel much better about staying there. I wasn't unhappy because staying at CS means we're still going!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Only stayed at CBR and enjoyed it..The only reason I never ventured to stay at CS is that I found POFQ and PORS...Also I read that it's used for conventions and believe ( getting fussy now ) that its only got one basin/ mirror..:oops:Correct me if I'am wrong on that one..
How many mirrors does one man need :jawdrop:

atsolomon

I prefer the theming at Coronado Springs, but that's a taste thing. While it is a large resort, you can flag down cast members in golf carts and/or use the theme park buses to get around the resort. On almost all the bus routes, the main building "El Centro" is the last stop before they leave the resort grounds. Just ask when you get on.

My wife always says that Coronado Springs feels like a vacation within a vacation. The food court is a cut above the other moderate food courts in terms of choice. A coworker claims it's the only place you can get a prime rib with a counter service credit on the meal plan. I'm a vegetarian, so I didn't pay attention to that. ;-)

Either way, you'll have a great time.

7 AM Coronado Springs Resort
by atsolo, on Flickr

aw14

Stayed at both. We would never go back to CBR. It was too brigand the buses took too long. The resort is a city unto itself. Been to CSR twice and loved it. It's our 2nd favorite moderate behind POFQ. It is well themed and comfortable. There can be some significant walking due to size, but far better than CBR imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom