Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs???

SuprDav

I have stayed at both. I had no problem with either one. I think it comes down to are you feeling beachy or Spainardly for your stay? Either way you'll enjoy!

bethymouse

The only thing I don't like about CBR is that it has a separate check-in building. My boys loved the pool area/pirate ship. The pirate themed rooms are quite nice. We could see the EPCOT fireworks from the beach . Lots of Disney wildlife! The walk over the bridge was nice to greet the turtles and fish each day. We had a nice experience at the table service restaurant Shutters ( although most people don't care for it). We had a bit of a problem w/ the buses ( Mom was in a scooter). The wait was over 20 minutes one time.:(

SAV

I am having this same debate about our upcoming June 2014 trip. Initially I was thinking CBR, but now may be leaning toward CS since the beds are queen size. Of all of the positives or negatives for both, a full size bed is small and we do need a good sleep while there.

I know either one is going to be a huge step up from POP century(which I love).

Glasgow

CSR, w/o a doubt. CBR was okay but i thought CSR was much prettier and the pool area appealed to our kids a little bit more. To me, CSR is almost at the deluxe level in terms of presentation and amenities, its just more spread out, which keeps it in the mod category .. fine by me!

Good luck!

Grumpydoc

Seems like I am the "oddball" who prefers CBR. We've stayed at both CBR and CSR. Although each has its own pros and cons, you can't go wrong with either. The main reason we do tend to prefer CBR is because of the conference aspect of CSR. One of the main reasons I enjoy Disney is being immersed in the whole experience and getting away from the work mentality....I love the fantasy! When we stayed at CSR, some sort of sales related conference must have been going on. When we were at the pool, in the food court or walking around, instead of being with other families with children sharing the Disney "experience", it seemed as though we were surrounded by conference attendees chatting loudly on cell phones to folks back in their home office, networking (talking business) and tossing back a few drinks. I also attend a professional conference annually so I absolutely understand the purpose (frankly, I wish they'd have ours at Disney!) and we didn't have any sort of issue. It's just that I found the presence of the conference attendees to take something away from the "Disney Magic"...at least for us. At times, I felt like I was back in my office. Well, it's actually a much nicer version of an office! Still, we are thinking about trying CSR once again just to see if our first experience was simply a function of the size and nature of that particular conference group.

brokedad

Which resort is best, the Caribbean Bean or Coronado Springs? Our group will include: the grandparents (age 65), parents (age 30), and daughter (age 7).
Depends which theming you want, both are huge, both pools are great, food is ok at both, a preferred room is usually a shorter walk to most things, but not always, I think the 7 yr. Would enjoy cbr alot more, my 5 and 14 yr. Love cbr

Soarin2u

Coronado. Of course I am completely biased but we have stay at the Caribbean once our first trip. The Coronado has stuck with us. Saying something about the Caribbean in our opinion. The Coronado is smaller in distance, its rarely ever crowded, always a nice amount. We preferred it for many reasons, atmosphere, food, size, crowd, buses, and hotel rooms. Though the way they changed the cafeteria worked last time was bad, I think they transferred it back. (It made no sense so we keep asking the cranky waitress how it worked.) The rooms are nice, we prefer the cabanas, they are a nice distance to everything and have hammocks. Avoid the ranchos they aren't worth the walk (and I believe they have more than 2 floors) , just request another room, again, hardly ever crowded(or at least when we go) we quit the Caribbean because it didn't have everything done as well as the Coronado . The Coronado is so peaceful. You come from a crowded MK and return to the quite resort, with warm toned lights, Hispanic music, and still waters. Sometimes napping by laying on the hammocks, and swatting of the pesky sand bees...

The pool(Dig Site) is still one of the coolest pools beside the one at WL.

1 year Caribbean 4 years Coronado.

Last edited:

Lucky

Coronado. Of course I am completely biased but we have stay at the Caribbean once our first trip. The Coronado has stuck with us. Saying something about the Caribbean in our opinion. The Coronado is smaller in distance, its rarely ever crowded, always a nice amount. We preferred it for many reasons, atmosphere, food, size, crowd, buses, and hotel rooms. Though they way they changed the cafeteria worked last time, I think they transferred it back. (It made no sense so we keep asking the cranky waitress how it worked.) The rooms are nice, we prefer the cabanas, they are a nice distance to everything and have hammocks. Avoid the ranchos they aren't worth the walk (and I believe they have more than 2 floors) , just request another room, again, hardly ever crowded(or at least when we go) we quit the Caribbean because it didn't have everything done as well as the Coronado . The Coronado is so peaceful. You come from a crowded MK and return to the quite resort, with warm toned lights, Hispanic music, and still waters. Sometimes napping by laying on the hammocks, and swatting of the pesky sand bees...

The pool(Dig Site) is still one of the coolest pools beside the one at WL.

1 year Caribbean 4 years Coronado.
I agree with all of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom