myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

ParentsOf4

Hello all, Im new here. Our trip in Aug 10-17th and we are staying at Pop Century. My wife went out our My Disney experience on the Disney website, and we had the option to get the magic bands for our stay. If this gives yall any indication of when they are possibly selecting guest. We were given the option to select the colors and also fastpasses for each park we are going to for each day. It pre selected the parks by where our dinning reservations were at for that day. Hope this helps out in some way.
Welcome to WDWMagic.com with your first post!

DonaldDoleWhip

We also had the option of selecting MagicBand colors (possibly a glitch, since a CM told us we won't be receiving bands yet), and I'm making FP+ reservations as we speak.

Just for fun, I used the "FastPicks" button to see what FP+ the system would recommend. Sure enough, the site gave me Test Track, Mission Space, and Soarin'. I doubt this will happen once the system is fully rolled out and time slots are scarce, but at least it didn't throw in Captain EO or Nemo. :D

Rob562

And then there is the further question of how they will address if a ride is down. I can't imagine guest satisfaction is going to go up if they just tell heard to screw off and pick a new attraction.

I would presume that the FP+ system for attractions that have broken down would operate the exact same as the paper FP does now. Namely, if your FP is for a time when the ride is 101, it'll allow you entry at any time the ride is operating the rest of the day. That's probably one of the easiest things to program into the attraction FP+ entry computers, presuming that it's linked into the ride system somehow and knows when the ride is 101 or not. (And I presume it is, since the app is able to give a "Currently Not Operating" message in the wait times section when it goes 101)

It's actually more flexible because it gives people the option of "come back later when it's open" or "switch your FP+ to a different attraction". It's certainly better than what we ended up with last month... We had FP for Peter Pan mid-afternoon. The ride went 101 *just* as we walked up to the FP Return line, and it never reopened the rest of the day (which meant it was closed for 8+ hours). We probably could've pushed and been able to use the Peter Pan FP tickets at another attraction, but we didn't.

-Rob

Justinj2

I got selected to test it for my upcoming stay on Aug 13th at POP. Now I wanted to mention something regarding a easy way you can find out if you've been selected. Contact DW Help Desk at (407) 939-7765 option 2 they are the only ones who manage the complete MyDisneyExperince right now. Calling the normal reservation line most likely you will be told you won't be getting the Magicbands which could be false. This way you don't get to check in and end up with all grey Magicbands!

LongtimeReader

Obviously as invited guests we did not have the option for a dining plan, but seeing as the current room keys contain your dining credits now, I'm confident that they will also be in the bands. And yes, the waiter at the sit down restaurants can bring a scanner to you or you can give them your room key (as you still get a card with your band).

Hello everyone, this will be my first post.
Me and my partner has been selected to participate in MyMagic+ bands on our upcoming (16 days to go). Our trip is 6 days+park hopper option. We will be staying at Pop Century (Aug3-Aug9).
I got an email on July 17, around noon, as I also received on the same day, an invitation by letter in the mail. I signed up for it and I was able to have the choice to have the bands sent to my current address before we leave. We were able to select ours colors and were also able to have our names printed onto the bands (I believe this will be printed on the inside of the band). Overall I am very excited to test out these new bands which I find some advantages and disappointments. I had called the help line (407) 560-2428, and the lady I spoke to explained that the bands are really fun and cool in which intrigued me a bit to go forth with this.

As said in many other posts, having 3-FastPass+ per day/park really sucks. There are options under my MyDisneyExperience.com, which I was able to "plan out" my whole entire trip by selecting which FastPass+ I want on what day. This will be my 2nd trip to WDW and as I remember my last trip last summer 2012, we were able to rack up at least 5+ fastpass(old) in Magic Kingdom. The fact is, this time it will only be 3 FP+ for this trip sucks, but I believe we may find some advantages.

The only positive note is that say we can go to Epcot(and other parks) in the early in the morning to get big rides out the way, Soarin', Test track, etc. While having our FP+ already setup for Magic Kingdom in the evening time. And vice versa for other combinations.

I had some questions upon reservations I can make for FP+. On the FP+ Selections, say for Sunday August 4th, I am able to make FP+ selection for Fantasmic!... Now my question is, what is FP+ for Fantasmic!? Are there reserved seating for people who made FP+ selection? Or is it just a FP+ line to get in to seat faster than normal standby lane? Same goes for Illuminations in Epcot, is there reserved seating for this for being FP+? I did not know there were FPs for firework or shows, are they all for reserved seating?

Now I await for my bands in the mail, I can write up another post about just the band "looks" and "feel" maybe in couple of days.

RSoxNo1

Hello everyone, this will be my first post.
Me and my partner has been selected to participate in MyMagic+ bands on our upcoming (16 days to go). Our trip is 6 days+park hopper option. We will be staying at Pop Century (Aug3-Aug9).
I got an email on July 17, around noon, as I also received on the same day, an invitation by letter in the mail. I signed up for it and I was able to have the choice to have the bands sent to my current address before we leave. We were able to select ours colors and were also able to have our names printed onto the bands (I believe this will be printed on the inside of the band). Overall I am very excited to test out these new bands which I find some advantages and disappointments. I had called the help line (407) 560-2428, and the lady I spoke to explained that the bands are really fun and cool in which intrigued me a bit to go forth with this.

As said in many other posts, having 3-FastPass+ per day/park really sucks. There are options under my MyDisneyExperience.com, which I was able to "plan out" my whole entire trip by selecting which FastPass+ I want on what day. This will be my 2nd trip to WDW and as I remember my last trip last summer 2012, we were able to rack up at least 5+ fastpass(old) in Magic Kingdom. The fact is, this time it will only be 3 FP+ for this trip sucks, but I believe we may find some advantages.

The only positive note is that say we can go to Epcot(and other parks) in the early in the morning to get big rides out the way, Soarin', Test track, etc. While having our FP+ already setup for Magic Kingdom in the evening time. And vice versa for other combinations.

I had some questions upon reservations I can make for FP+. On the FP+ Selections, say for Sunday August 4th, I am able to make FP+ selection for Fantasmic!... Now my question is, what is FP+ for Fantasmic!? Are there reserved seating for people who made FP+ selection? Or is it just a FP+ line to get in to seat faster than normal standby lane? Same goes for Illuminations in Epcot, is there reserved seating for this for being FP+? I did not know there were FPs for firework or shows, are they all for reserved seating?

Now I await for my bands in the mail, I can write up another post about just the band "looks" and "feel" maybe in couple of days.
Did they restrict you to 3 or 4?

Is this 3 at only a single park?

Yes I believe you can only get 3 Fastpass+ selections per day and at one park only.

*EDIT* I just made 3FP+ for Hollywood Studios in the evening, I then tried to make 3 new FP+ for Epcot in the morning, and it was not going to work. It was going to replace my previous FP+ with the new ones. :(

So it turns out after selecting your three choices: I did (1) Rock'n'Roller Coaster (2) ToyStory Mania (3) Fantasmic! for Sunday August 4th at Hollywood Studios. (Reason: we did not get a chance to see Fantasmic! last year)

And I was given 4 Options, (A,B,C,D) with different times and orders created. It seems like option A is the "Morning people", option A gave me window to R'n'R at 9am-10am, a window to Indiana Jones at 10:45am-11:45am, and a window to ToyStory Mania at 12:15-1:15pm. (It seems like it has an auto-replace due to my Fantasmic FP+ at 8:25pm, to sum in conclusion, it seems like each option contains only about 4 hour window for your 3-FP+). For example option A is from 9am to 1pm. Option B is from 1:20pm to 5:10pm. Option C and D are closely related from 4:00(or 5:00pm) to 9:00pm. With that said, options A and B were not going to give me Fantasmic, due to its late show time.

This is just data analyzed from one day only, it turns out that Options A and B were not going to give me a FP+ to Fantasmic! while options C and D were going to give me Fantasmic.

It is disappointing because, what if I liked the times offered in option A for R'n'R and ToyStory, but was not given a FP+ to Fantasmic. I guess Option C or D is going to my choice.

Currently I selected R'n'R and ToyStory Mania FP+ later in the evening. Option C: is R'n'R at 5:40p-6:40pm, ToyStory at 7:25-8:25p, and lastly Fantasmic! with a window of 8:25p-8:50pm. Option D is the same as C, but just that it had an earlier FP+ for R'n'R at 4:25p-5:25p.

I will plan this day as maybe going to another park, say Epcot in the morning, or MK or AK, and in the afternoon perhaps get the shuttle back to Hollywood Studios to get my FP+ for those selected times. Perhaps this is easier for me to plan out since I have the parkhopper tickets.

Captain Chaos

That's interesting, it may be worth calling because the official FAQ says 4.
Not anymore... It now says 3...

Depending on availability, you should be able to reserve access to up to 3 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day.

Yes. You can reserve access to multiple FastPass+ attractions or entertainment experiences—the specific number depends on availability. In general, you will be able to select up to 3 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day at one theme park. For extra convenience, you can even make selections up to 60 days in advance of your visit.

muteki

So it turns out after selecting your three choices: I did (1) Rock'n'Roller Coaster (2) ToyStory Mania (3) Fantasmic! for Sunday August 4th at Hollywood Studios. (Reason: we did not get a chance to see Fantasmic! last year)

And I was given 4 Options, (A,B,C,D) with different times and orders created. It seems like option A is the "Morning people", option A gave me window to R'n'R at 9am-10am, a window to Indiana Jones at 10:45am-11:45am, and a window to ToyStory Mania at 12:15-1:15pm. (It seems like it has an auto-replace due to my Fantasmic FP+ at 8:25pm, to sum in conclusion, it seems like each option contains only about 4 hour window for your 3-FP+). For example option A is from 9am to 1pm. Option B is from 1:20pm to 5:10pm. Option C and D are closely related from 4:00(or 5:00pm) to 9:00pm. With that said, options A and B were not going to give me Fantasmic, due to its late show time.

This is just data analyzed from one day only, it turns out that Options A and B were not going to give me a FP+ to Fantasmic! while options C and D were going to give me Fantasmic.

It is disappointing because, what if I liked the times offered in option A for R'n'R and ToyStory, but was not given a FP+ to Fantasmic. I guess Option C or D is going to my choice.

Currently I selected R'n'R and ToyStory Mania FP+ later in the evening. Option C: is R'n'R at 5:40p-6:40pm, ToyStory at 7:25-8:25p, and lastly Fantasmic! with a window of 8:25p-8:50pm. Option D is the same as C, but just that it had an earlier FP+ for R'n'R at 4:25p-5:25p.

I will plan this day as maybe going to another park, say Epcot in the morning, or MK or AK, and in the afternoon perhaps get the shuttle back to Hollywood Studios to get my FP+ for those selected times. Perhaps this is easier for me to plan out since I have the parkhopper tickets.

Blocking together times like that is pretty lame if you plan to be at the park all day and want to space things out, but I can see helping park-hopping by pushing things later in the day.

I wonder if this grouping by time is being tested as an alternative to grouping by attraction like what was tested before. Also if the restrictions you are seeing with Fantasmic are going to be similar with other nighttime shows like Wishes and RoE. To me I would think they would want as many people to pick these as their choice as that would free up capacity at other attractions they don't have, when shows have tons of capacity.

the vanguard

I got selected to test it for my upcoming stay on Aug 13th at POP. Now I wanted to mention something regarding a easy way you can find out if you've been selected. Contact DW Help Desk at (407) 939-7765 option 2 they are the only ones who manage the complete MyDisneyExperince right now. Calling the normal reservation line most likely you will be told you won't be getting the Magicbands which could be false. This way you don't get to check in and end up with all grey Magicbands!

I just called the number. Spoke with a Cast Member by the name of Conan. He informed me that they are sending emails out to people that are getting to test them out. He asked where I was staying and for how long. After I told him, he paused then said that there is a chance that since it is showing up when I check our MY Disney Experience section. He said the best way to know is with an email but I might not get one. Hope this answers any questions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom