Annual Passholder Magnets

Sped2424

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I searched, but did not find any info on it.
I received a welcome packet for my DS5 for his renewed annual pass. It was informing him of some benefits etc... but also in his packet he received a pretty cool gift. It was an oval magnet you can put on your car. I do not know how to post pictures, so I will describe it the best that I can here. It is approx. 3 inches by 5 inches oval. Black and white color scheme. Has the letters "WDW" across the top and "DISNEY ANNUAL PASSHOLDER" across the bottom. The main design in the center of the magnet is a large A on the left side of a classic Mickey head and a large P on the right side.
Has anyone else received these magnets? It is the first that I have heard of them or seen one. Neither myself, my wife, or my DD4 received these for our passholder renewals. Anyway, it was a pretty cool little gift for passholders and he really liked getting it in his "Mickey Mail".

when i got my pass I didn't get one and I see so many people with them :<

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Saw a couple on eBay for $50 and $65... Opened and still in original packaging respectively. :rolleyes:

CohibaMan

Received ours about two months ago. Just a warning, baking in the Florida sun seems to have taken its toll. Evidently this piece is simply a sticker affixed to a magnet. It's not a solid one piece magnet where the image is printed onto the rubber magnet. My sticker is pulling apart from the magnet on the sides. Very disappointing.

MissM

Just got a reply today:

Dear Ms. Turner,

Thank you for your interest in the Annual Passholder car magnet.

The Annual Passholder car magnet is part of a "welcome kit" currently
sent out to brand new Annual Passholders at a number of one per
household. Existing Annual Passholders, inclusive of renewals, are not
being mailed kits at this time. Annual Passholders who renewed after the
thirty day window register as new Annual Passholders rather than
renewals and were mailed welcome kits as well. However, I will forward
your request to the Annual Passholder Marketing Department. Please know
there is a limited inventory of magnets as we did not anticipate their
popularity, and they will process your request in the order it was
received.

Ms. Turner, thank you again for your email. We hope you find this
information helpful.

Best Regards,

Rebecca Jordan

experiment624

I got one today! (7/15/13) We had APs last year but let them lapse for a couple of months then we purchased new APs three weeks ago. I was hoping and hoping for a magnet but after reading this thread, I wasn't sure if we would get one. Between my husband and I, we only got one for our two passes. So I'm guessing it is one per household as someone mentioned and they sent it to my name versus my husband, so I'm thinking it may have to do with my name first alphabetically at our address. Thanks to those who posted here about them being stolen so we know not to put it on our car.

mcjeff

As a follow up, I ended up making some knock-off copies of them ( turned out nearly perfect might i add, it is just a touch smaller and is missing the copyright symbol) on some high quality UV protected car sticker material. I then affixed it on a magnet and trimmed it down with a total cost of $20. I made ten, (because i couldn't simply buy one apparently) and now i have extras if this one dissappears or give into the unrelenting sunshine.

erins3204

Received ours about two months ago. Just a warning, baking in the Florida sun seems to have taken its toll. Evidently this piece is simply a sticker affixed to a magnet. It's not a solid one piece magnet where the image is printed onto the rubber magnet. My sticker is pulling apart from the magnet on the sides. Very disappointing.

Ours too. Two of them now look terrible.

luv

I did finally get one in a Mickey Monitor after the thread died. It's not on the car. It's on the air/heat unit - the thing is so ugly that I cover it with magnets in a vain attempt to distract from the ugliness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom