Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLink

Imagination is being shut down to redo the entire pavilion, not simply to save on money. I also want to be clear that I've been told Figment will be a part of what replaces the fetid pile of excrement that is there now. No, no word on Dreamfinder. ... Originally, Cars was going to be the focus of the Studios Makeover, but very late in the game it became one of Star (Wars) instead. Monsters don't fit in at all. ... EPCOT will also be getting the new Soarin film in about three years and MK will debut its Wishes replacement and WDW will crow that it is putting money into all its FL parks. That is true, but with the needs so great it only will be a good start. ... Lone Ranger is still worlds better than Man of Steel. ...

So the same company who loves to clone doesn't want to clone Monstropolis - but instead only a handful of rides to replace current attractions. No net positive ... at all! Oh well at least DSF will still have their little problem - with guests checking out early.

WDWDad13

How about miserable lost souls who don't fit into society and can't compete in the real world and move yo O-Town and live in the parks?

And the individuals who start businesses and blogs and podcasts based on whoring off of Disney?

...and those than come to message boards to talk about it all the time! Oh the horror! lol

WDWDad13

Why have a Nemo show at DAK and a ride at EPCOT?

Why have a Mermaid show at Studios and a ride at MK?

Disney is all about milking franchises and IP. THis is simply another example.

They have the Disney princesses at different locations/parks
They use fireworks in more than 1 park
I've even seen the same busses and even the same souvis in different parks as well
Disney should be ashamed... lol

if you want to talk about milking I got 2 words in another park, no make that 2... Harrios Potterous

doctornick

So the same company who loves to clone doesn't want to clone Monstropolis - but instead only a handful of rides to replace current attractions. No net positive ... at all! Oh well at least DSF will still have their little problem - with guests checking out early.

Yep. I still don't get it.... You have a door coaster ride -- originally planned for DHS -- going into DCA. You have an empty building in Soundstage 1. You have a plan to remake DHS to draw people to the park and keep them there longer. You have decision makers who want to do things as affordably as possible, including reusing existing infrastructure as much as possible.

How is putting the Monsters Inc door coaster into Soundstage 1 not a complete no brainer?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Spirited Thursday Musings: Telling cops they are fighting 'wars' everyday is a very scary thing for our society. ... Speaking of deep thoughts as they apply to the theme park business, the economy is NOT back to normal. Yes, the evil biased media may tell you so, but they are basing the health of it on Wall Street and how top banks and corporations are doing -- NOT AVERAGE PEOPLE -- the ones who visit O-Town theme parks. ... When water parks are coming close to outdrawing theme parks it isn't just the weather that is hot. ... I just want to be very clear on this point because many of our discussions are bleeding into each other. Imagination is being shut down to redo the entire pavilion, not simply to save on money. I also want to be clear that I've been told Figment will be a part of what replaces the fetid pile of excrement that is there now. No, no word on Dreamfinder. ... Originally, Cars was going to be the focus of the Studios Makeover, but very late in the game it became one of Star (Wars) instead. Monsters don't fit in at all. ... EPCOT will also be getting the new Soarin film in about three years and MK will debut its Wishes replacement and WDW will crow that it is putting money into all its FL parks. That is true, but with the needs so great it only will be a good start. ... Lone Ranger is still worlds better than Man of Steel. ...

The economy is showing a little glimmer of life. I liken it to a movie where the character is feared dead and you see the hand or something twitch and slowly they crawl away. The economy is seemingly 'twitching'... But it should have been fixed long ago. Here's to a better future!

Darth Sidious

I was planning on trying TLR tommorow, but since PR is coming out I decided that TLR is just going to have to do without my viewing. ( which If this mentality is not just mine could dent Ranger even more.

But if there is more of my mentality then perhaps it won't... I think Pacific Rim looks like a cousin to Sharknado (okay not really) but that movie does not appeal to me whatsoever.

Darth Sidious

Pinocchio, Fantasia, and The Wizard of Oz received mostly solid reviews, yet tanked in the BO because the film industry was weak at the time (except for Gone with the Wind).

And are you comparing Lone Ranger to Fantasia?! ;)

The BO was so different than it is today. A movie could be ill timed, get pulled and then get rereleases to theaters later on. I know Disney still rereleased occasionally but it's not exactly the same anymore, since you could just watch the movie on Netflix, Redbox, etc upon home release.

bubbles1812

But if there is more of my mentality then perhaps it won't... I think Pacific Rim looks like a cousin to Sharknado (okay not really) but that movie does not appeal to me whatsoever.
I was sad I missed Sharknado last night lol. Growing up, watching terrible SyFy movies and making fun of them was one of the silly things we did as a family... Favorite all time was the movie with the demon-possessed killer piñata. And nope, I am not making that up :)

HMF

Watch it end up being Eric Jacobsen because Disney has to do the opposite of what fans want
Jacobson is not a Producer and as portfolio leader for the first 3 WDW Parks will be involved, regardless. WDI's track record at WDW has been consistently (sometimes painfully) hit and miss over the past 7 years or so, so I think it has more to do with individual Show Producers than Jacobson though it does show some inconsistency in Eric's Leadership skills.

Goofyernmost

As fun as Figment is, I'm not sure I really desire another ride with him being a central character.
Especially with his new annoying personality. He can be let go now, IF, they can create something that is good. Doesn't seem possible for imagineers to fix imagination any more. All those that could have died or are currently unable to help out or have been kicked out by the big boys.

GLaDOS

Pacific Rim is quite possibly the best movie of the Summer. Will post more detailed thoughts in a bit.

I'll go one step further and say it's easily the best movie of the summer, and easily the best summer movie of the last 5 years. Sorry, Avengers.

Pacific Rim looks like one of those bad direct to video mashup movies with better graphics! Transformers vs. Godzilla monsters!

It's much more than that. It's a genre piece from a master filmmaker, and more importantly, an original, big budget franchise island in Hollywood's sea of crap rehashes and sequels.

You owe it to yourself to give it a chance.

71jason

Sorry to break in with real news, but:
The block out dates at Magic Kingdom for July have been lifted, main entrance passes will be accepted starting tomorrow (Saturday the 13th)

Supports a theory that the anticipated crowds for FLE (or Summer crowds for MK in general) have not materialized.

GiveMeTheMusic

Sorry to break in with real news, but:
The block out dates at Magic Kingdom for July have been lifted, main entrance passes will be accepted starting tomorrow (Saturday the 13th)

Supports a theory that the anticipated crowds for FLE (or Summer crowds for MK in general) have not materialized.

Clearly that will ALL change once the Mine Train is done. It's a powerful draw; we did studies in Milwaukee and I think we have something VERY special here. The folks at home are real excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom