New Country At Epcot??

mad626

Original Poster
Haven't been paying attention to this much... Any new word on there possibly being a new country at Epcot??? Last time I checked there were rumors about Brazil.

Yensid1974

The only way a new country will even get on the radar is if a country actually approaches Disney about adding themselves to the lineup in world showcase and is willing to sponsor the pavilion. I don't see Disney going out and trying to drum up some interest in doing so, they will have to be approached for it and said country had better come with bagfuls of money to get the project going.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Illinois? Isn't that kind of a cross between Germany and Poland?
No, it's Peter Griffins country:
PETORIA-1.png

doctornick

Nope, no recent rumors. IMO Future World needs something new a lot more than WS.

I don't see a new country coming to Epcot any time soon. Honestly, I think if they were to do anything in Epcot, the better option would be to add to an existing pavilion by putting in a ride. Maybe actually using the empty show buildings for Japan or Germany.

NoChesterHester

I don't see a new country coming to Epcot any time soon. Honestly, I think if they were to do anything in Epcot, the better option would be to add to an existing pavilion by putting in a ride. Maybe actually using the empty show buildings for Japan or Germany.

The German Show building was never constructed. The door is there however.

Like many, I don't see them adding anything outside of more places to eat and booze it up in World Showcase. That place is a money printing machine.

Future World needs the attention if any Capex actually goes into Epcot.

PeterAlt

Blah blah blah blah blah blah

(And I'm the optimist who still believes the monorail will be expanded and we'll see a fifth park in 10 years)

Seriously, it will eventually happen. Later rather than sooner. I'd be surprised if it happens sooner.

mvieguy

To be Serious and Take a rather mature approach to this subject matter. Yes I honestly believe the World Showcase would benefit by adding a few newer countries. Maybe take the area around the international gateway. between France and United Kingdom. the area where the gateway/world traveler is. and put in two more countries or the areas between France and Morocco, or between Italy and Germany. or heck that giant open ground between Germany and china.

there are several Countries that I believe that would do wonders.

Ireland
Scotland
Australia
Russia
India
Brazil

just to name a few

Think of the architecture

a mini Taj Mahal or Kremlin.

I spend more time in the world showcase these days then Future world. I am always learning something new in each country about different foods and cultures. there is only so many times I can ride spaceship earth, test track or mission to space lol

Epicpilot

Well, WS has turned into a cash cow nowadays with merchandise and food sales, though this rumored huge new DHS would throw a wrench into any plans for a future country because this expansion is hoping to turn a lacking park into a Cash cow, which would require a TON of resources, probably shutting down any huge new projects for the next 3-5 years.

NoChesterHester

Well, WS has turned into a cash cow nowadays with merchandise and food sales, though this rumored huge new DHS would throw a wrench into any plans for a future country because this expansion is hoping to turn a lacking park into a Cash cow, which would require a TON of resources, probably shutting down any huge new projects for the next 3-5 years.

Probably true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom