DISNEY and your DNA

JordanNite

Original Poster
Does anyone know what happens to the DNA (your finger prints) Disney have goes?

Is there any literature on this, does it get deleted straight away, or kept for years?

My younger brother, who is a bit of nerd conspiracy theory activist, doesn't want to give Disney his DNA. What would be his options if forgoes giving Disney his DNA?

Mr Bill

No fingerprints are recorded, what is recorded is a number based on an algorithm created using the fingerprint. Fingerprint goes in -> Math Happens -> Number comes out -> Number gets stored/compared to stored number. It's nothing that could personally identify you, just something that does a very good job of identifying people who aren't you if they try to use your ticket. The biometric scanners aren't mandatory, I believe photo ID can also be used.

JordanNite

Original Poster
But if they have your fingerprint ... that can lead to alot of conspiracies.

Anyone seen these futuristic movies where multiglom corporations have records of fingers prints, etc and can get your DNA from it, frame you for crimes, etc

:)

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Is there any literature on this, does it get deleted straight away, or kept for years?

My younger brother, who is a bit of nerd conspiracy theory activist, doesn't want to give Disney his DNA. What would be his options if forgoes giving Disney his DNA?
Um...last I checked...fingerprints are not DNA. And the little old lady working the gate at Magic Kingdom isn't exactly collecting hair samples, skin shavings or pricking fingers to collect blood.

Weather_Lady

DNA is a molecule, present in the cells of your body, that encodes genetic material. I'm sure Disney would be quite happy if your brother kept his DNA -- including his hair, skin and bodily fluids -- to himself.

Fingerprints are just that -- a print of the skin patterns on your finger.

Unless Disney is scraping cells off of your finger, it doesn't have your DNA. It has, at most, (see post from initial responder above) your fingerprint. If you ever apply for any kind of job in teaching, childcare, law enforcement, etc., you'll have to have your fingerprints taken. Your parents may have even had them taken as a child in case you ever got lost or kidnapped.

There is no evidence that Disney retains anyone's fingerprint, nor is there any conceivable reason why they would want that information. If your brother is that concerned, he can simply burn or scrape off the top layers of skin on his "scanning finger" down to the raw flesh beneath every time he visits Disney World, being careful not to spill blood and skin (which will contain his DNA) on Disney property. This is the same practice many Nazis engaged in after WWII, to evade identification if they were ever captured (or wanted to attend a theme park). The procedure will be excruciatingly painful and he'll have to allow a few weeks in between visits so the finger can heal, but we all know that a trip down Splash Mountain is worth some sacrifice.

More info. (and less hyperbole) here: http://allears.net/pl/fingerscan.htm

bsiev1977

First off, like others have said, a fingerprint is not DNA. Putting your finger on the scanning thing is like putting a piece of paper on the glass of a copy machine. It takes an image of it.

You might have to forgive me, but I've seen enough recently about wacko conspiracy theories that I don't have much patience for them anymore. What exactly does your brother think Disney would do with his DNA anyway? What is he so afraid of?

Goofyernmost

DNA is a molecule, present in the cells of your body, that encodes genetic material. I'm sure Disney would be quite happy if your brother kept his DNA -- including his hair, skin and bodily fluids -- to himself.

Fingerprints are just that -- a print of the skin patterns on your finger.

Unless Disney is scraping cells off of our finger, it doesn't have your DNA. It has your fingerprint. If you ever apply for any kind of job in teaching, childcare, law enforcement, etc., you'll have to have your fingerprints taken. Your parents may have even had them taken as a child in case you ever got lost or kidnapped.

There is no evidence that Disney retains anyone's fingerprint, nor is there any conceivable reason why they would want that information. If your brother is that concerned, he can simply burn or scrape off the top layers of skin on his "scanning finger" every time he visits Disney World, being careful not to spill blood and skin (which will contain his DNA) on Disney property. This is the same practice many Nazis engaged in after WWII, to evade identification if they were ever captured (or wanted to attend a theme park). The procedure will be excruciatingly painful and he'll have to allow a few weeks in between visits so the finger can heal, but we all know that a trip down Splash Mountain is worth some sacrifice.
It doesn't even have your finger print. The scan takes measurements of your fingers and compares that to what they have on file. No DNA at all. I would be interested to know what the OP brother thinks that they are conspiring to do with this information.

bsiev1977

It doesn't even have your finger print. The scan takes measurements of your fingers and compares that to what they have on file. No DNA at all. I would be interested to know what the OP brother thinks that they are conspiring to do with this information.
I'm guessing OPs brother believes in the stock conspiracy theory nonsense. In this case, that an EVIL CORPORATION is using his DNA in some kind of nefarious mind control scheme. Or, something equally ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom