Tortuga Tavern

agorna

it has never been open in the past right years when I've gone.. and I've been during all times of the year.. I don't get it,, always wanted to grab a bite there :(

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Is this the little food place in Adventureland?

(I really should learn the names of more stuff.)
Yep. Around the corner from Pecos Bill and across from POTC. When my son and I ate there in 2010, we grabbed a table just outside, but still in shade, and they were playing the theme music from the Pirate movies. Now when I hear that music, I feel like I am sitting there.

Upvote 0

PUSH

It's been open for many of our trips. We've probably eaten there 4 or 5 times. It's pretty good, but it's only open on a limited basis.

Upvote 0

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It was open on my last trip in June. Good eats. The taco salad and fixin bar was a good change of pace from the standard burgers and chicken at most counter service places. The kids loved the quesadillas. No clue why this would not be open all year considering there isn't really much down in that corner of the park.

Upvote 0

luv

Yep, right across from PoTC. used to be called El Pirata Y El Perico.
Thanks. Didn't know it changed names. Really should attempt to keep up.

Sometimes it is open, sometimes it isn't. I guess I see it open more when the parks are busier, but I've seen it open when they were slower, too. And I've seen it closed when they're very busy. I have no idea how they make the call on that.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

We have managed to see this place at closing (while the staff was closing down, late afternoon), but never made while open...it does seem to be open only at lunch.

Upvote 0

KJ1081

It's been open our last 3 visits, each somewhere between end of April and Memorial Day. Typically, it would open around 11 and close by 3 or so. It's our fav lunch spot- love the taco salad! Yea I know they have it at Pecos Bills, but it's somehow better at Tortuga tavern :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom