MagicBands WILL become a thing...

G00fyDad

That's so sweet of you to say. :) (Not necessarily true, really, but very sweet.)

God blesses me with nice people all over the place. I am a very lucky girl indeed. :)

I am paying no more attention to people who take a stance like, "You don't like wristbands?! Well, let me tell you what is wrong with you!!"

I heard that someone was drunk in Epcot and was getting ready to go stroller them, but it seems the situation doesn't require my expertise, after all.

Life is good. And it's even good when you don't like wristbands. :D

I wasn't trying to get on your case. Truly. It just seemed like you were snapping at Cooleo and I wasn't sure if you noticed it came across that way.

Who is saying something is wrong with you for not liking the bands?

PhotoDave219

You kind of came at Cooleo with both barrels didn't ya? It was a general statement on how bad things "could" be and to try and remember that when someone starts bi***ing about the bands. I don't think that they were singling you out regardless of your quote they used. To sum up Cooleo's comment, there are worse things you can be griping about. Be thankful that you don't have them to worry about. I suppose you want an example: a death in the family, fired from a job, robbed, etc...

I respect your opinion. I do. However, I have to say this. You may not mean to sound this way, but you appear to be pretty aggressive toward people with differing viewpoints. Just not sure if you realize that it comes across that way. ;)

You need to start apologizing.

Now.

Because let's just assume for a second you have no idea what you just said, what you just walked into or the people you just ed off.

luv

Now.

Because let's just assume for a second you have no idea what you just said, what you just walked into or the people you just ed off.
As sweet as Nemo, in your own, unique way. :)

Whatever it was, if it was about me, I didn't see it.

So chill out, man.

I can stroller people wherever they are, you know. :cool:

Nemo14

crown.gif

G00fyDad

Now.

Yeah. Chill out. Nothing I have said has in ANY way been meant to upset or antagonize ANYONE. Again, chill out. Oh, and have a nice day. ;)

cooleo

You kind of came at Cooleo with both barrels didn't ya? It was a general statement on how bad things "could" be and to try and remember that when someone starts bi***ing about the bands. I don't think that they were singling you out regardless of your quote they used. To sum up Cooleo's comment, there are worse things you can be griping about. Be thankful that you don't have them to worry about. I suppose you want an example: a death in the family, fired from a job, robbed, etc...

I respect your opinion. I do. However, I have to say this. You may not mean to sound this way, but you appear to be pretty aggressive toward people with differing viewpoints. Just not sure if you realize that it comes across that way. ;)

You nailed what I was trying to get across exactly the way I meant it. My comments were in no way directed at @luv. They simply provided the one comment that provoked my thoughts on this subject. " I just don't know what is going to happen."

I am always amazed who people will resort to criticism as a means of self defense. Why complain about something when you don't even know what's it's going to be like. I know that everyone can remember their parents telling them, "How do you know you don't like it when you haven't tried it".

Simply put, everyone should just wait & see what happens & enjoy life in general.

G00fyDad

You nailed what I was trying to get across exactly the way I meant it. My comments were in no way directed at @luv. They simply provided the one comment that provoked my thoughts on this subject. " I just don't know what is going to happen."

I am always amazed who people will resort to criticism as a means of self defense. Why complain about something when you don't even know what's it's going to be like. I know that everyone can remember their parents telling them, "How do you know you don't like it when you haven't tried it".

Simply put, everyone should just wait & see what happens & enjoy life in general.

I know. I got what you were trying to say. But you have to remember, some people tend to flip out over the magic band thing. There have been many posts that people have stated that they are going to like the bands and others will come into the thread kicking them and saying that they are upset and just don't want to have to take the magic band. ???? I gave up trying to convince people that they are not going to be forced into the band. Of course, you cannot even mention that you like the band idea without someone saying that you are calling them stupid for not liking it. Pretty childish.

cooleo

That's so sweet of you to say. :) (Not necessarily true, really, but very sweet.)

God blesses me with nice people all over the place. I am a very lucky girl indeed. :)

I am paying no more attention to people who take a stance like, "You don't like wristbands?! Well, let me tell you what is wrong with you!!"

I heard that someone was drunk in Epcot and was getting ready to go stroller them, but it seems the situation doesn't require my expertise, after all.

Life is good. And it's even good when you don't like wristbands. :D

@luv I was in no way trying to tell you you were wrong wrong because you have a dislike for the wrist bands. That is your opinion & I respect the opinions of others, always have & always will. I am just so over all the negativity in the world today. People have this attitude that if someone disagrees with them about anything, then they must be dealt with harshly. I fully expected that you may take my comments the way you did, but you were obviously so worked up over some meaningless wrist bands that you didn't even see the point I was making. I even highlighted the one line in your quote which was the catalyst for my comments hoping you would see where I was coming from. Nevertheless, I don't know you or what you have been through. It was a general statement about being happy. There are enough problems in the world & this is one place that I can come to to get away from all of the violence & everything else I see all around us. The last thing we need is for that violence, hatred & negativity to invade this Happy Place.

G00fyDad

@luv I was in no way trying to tell you you were wrong wrong because you have a dislike for the wrist bands. That is your opinion & I respect the opinions of others, always have & always will. I am just so over all the negativity in the world today. People have this attitude that if someone disagrees with them about anything, then they must be dealt with harshly. I fully expected that you may take my comments the way you did, but you were obviously so worked up over some meaningless wrist bands that you didn't even see the point I was making. I even highlighted the one line in your quote which was the catalyst for my comments hoping you would see where I was coming from. Nevertheless, I don't know you or what you have been through. It was a general statement about being happy. There are enough problems in the world & this is one place that I can come to to get away from all of the violence & everything else I see all around us. The last thing we need is for that violence, hatred & negativity to invade this Happy Place.

I agree. Too bad she has be on her ignore list. For some reason she has the idea that I am on her case. I have never ripped into her for the bands. Ever. I did think it was a bit of a reach for her to constantly assume people are calling her names and yelling at her for not liking the bands, but I have never held any animosity toward her. She (and others like Photodave) tends to take things the wrong way and gets upset pretty easily. Oh well. Not my problem I suppose. All I can do is say that I like the idea of the Magic Band. If someone wants to read that and take "I think you're stupid for liking them." or "Disney is forcing these on you." then that is more about them than me.

copcarguyp71

What is it you don't like about them? My son and I will wear one, but my wife refuses to. She say's that she just doesn't want something on her wrist.

I sweat like a nightwalker in confession even with just a watch on in the summertime and hate the feeling of anything on my wrist in the heat. Wrists are one of the key areas of the body you can use to try and keep cool and putting a non-breathing vinyl band over it seems counter productive in the heat of Florida. On a more vain note I do not care to have a huge pale spot on my wrist at the end of my winter vacation but that is more of a secondary issue to the aforementioned grossness.:(

cooleo

I agree. Too bad she has be on her ignore list. For some reason she has the idea that I am on her case. I have never ripped into her for the bands. Ever. I did think it was a bit of a reach for her to constantly assume people are calling her names and yelling at her for not liking the bands, but I have never held any animosity toward her. She (and others like Photodave) tends to take things the wrong way and gets upset pretty easily. Oh well. Not my problem I suppose. All I can do is say that I like the idea of the Magic Band. If someone wants to read that and take "I think you're stupid for liking them." or "Disney is forcing these on you." then that is more about them than me.

If anyone is concerned about magic bands being forced on them, then we have a real problem. They should be worried about what our government is forcing on them everyone day. But I won't get into that now. :)

luv

I just want to be clear about this: I was not at all "worked up" over wristbands. I don't like them, but at no point was I "all worked up." I also did not, at any point, suggest anyone else like them or cast aspersions on anyone's character for doing so.

What irritated me were your exceedingly presumptuous, ignorant and rude comments, which had absolutely nothing to do with wristbands.

Next time you decide to dole out advice to people on how to adjust their attitudes and tell them how life could have handed them a bad hand, try to have SOME idea what kind of overall life attitude they have and maybe a clue about the hand their holding.

Then it can be a Happy Place for everyone...even people who have generally good attitudes and don't happen to like wristbands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom