Cast Member Pay

G00fyDad

I used to live in Jacksonville! But yeah, the cost of living here isn't exactly cheap. And we all know how sucky gas prices are these days... Costs me $50 to fill a tank and I fill it about once a week. People don't work at Disney to be rich, they work there cause they enjoy making people happy!

That'd be the reason I would work there. There was a time before going into criminal justice that I considered getting an engineering degree and trying for a job at Disney Imagineering. I'm good with that kind of thing, but I didn;t hold out too much hope for landing that job and that job would have been my sole reason for going that route.

coilback

Techs get paid decently, especially if you are doing pyro on that particular shift (you get an extra $1 per hour when working pyro), so something like the Wishes crew gives you some decent pay.

Bloopers

That'd be the reason I would work there. There was a time before going into criminal justice that I considered getting an engineering degree and trying for a job at Disney Imagineering. I'm good with that kind of thing, but I didn;t hold out too much hope for landing that job and that job would have been my sole reason for going that route.

It would be wonderful to land a professional job at Disney! But yeah, it's not easy to get one. That's funny, criminal justice was my major at one point. What's your job right now?

I changed my majors so many times. Biology --> Criminal Justice --> Psychology --> Healthcare Administration

Always wondered what all the Disney fanatics on this board does for a living, LOL.

SkipperButler

Typically, yes, they do get paid better. I think it said on the website that the starting rate for look-alike roles is 12.40/hr. I say 'typically' because my friend works at "The Great Movie" ride and she gets paid the same hourly rate (7.83/hr more or less) for the acting roles implemented on that ride too.
GMR isn't a "performance role" like face characters. It's considered a spieling attraction just like Jungle Cruise and gets the same hourly rate as other attractions.

Bob Saget

How do CM's live on such wages down there with the cost of living so high? I'm assuming the easy answer would be roommates. But still, Central Fla is notorious for having some of the most outrageous rents in America (just behind NYC & NJ). Yet up there...wages at least attempt to keep constant with cost of living (in most cases). But in central Fla, it is mostly service industry, and workers get paid crumbs.

G00fyDad

It would be wonderful to land a professional job at Disney! But yeah, it's not easy to get one. That's funny, criminal justice was my major at one point. What's your job right now?

I changed my majors so many times. Biology --> Criminal Justice --> Psychology --> Healthcare Administration

Always wondered what all the Disney fanatics on this board does for a living, LOL.

Patrol officer. I am finishing my bachelors in the next year and a half and then I am going to work for Louisville Metro Probation in Kentucky.

DfromATX

I get paid 7.83 an hr. (College program students get paid a few cents less since min. wage increased this year, LOL...) Each shift is 6 hours. Takes me 40 minutes to get there WITHOUT traffic. Leave 1.5 hours before work. After taxes, about 40 bucks a day. And they talk about overtime pay blah blah blah, but to get overtime seems to be such a feat.

You're welcome. :eek:

May I ask why you work there, especially since it takes you so long to get there? Is it for the experience? My son (a HS junior) makes minimum wage at a pizza place ($7.25 per hour) but he can walk to it. Seems like a lot of hard work, not to mention what you have to put up with everyday... which is much appreciated by our family... we have experienced nothing but the best customer service in our trips to WDW, so thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom