Target Discount Still Works for Disney Giftcards

melflip8

Hey All!

I know this has been discussed about if it still works, but I just tried it yesterday and it does. :) Yay!

If you are a Target Red Card Holder (Debit or Credit) and you get a Target Pharmacy Rewards card in the mail you effectively can get 10% off the purchase of Disney Gift Cards which most Target's have at the check out registers.

I purchased $350 in Disney Gift Cards yesterday (highest they had were $50 increments) and I got my FULL percentage off. If the cashier questions you and says it cannot be done, let them know that the Disney Gift Cards are coded as ENTERTAINMENT cards and NOT gift cards, and DO allow the combined discount.

Every little bit helps!

melflip8

Original Poster
wow....going to have to try that...I can use these for paying down my trip right?

So I could save 300 bucks on a 3k trip ;-)

Technically, I think one of the Kingdom Konsultant ladies or someone else may speak to the ability of if there is a limit on how many giftcards you can use in one transaction? Like, not sure if you can use 10 $50 cards, etc. I wouldn't see why not though?

Upvote 0

Mrsdonaldduck

I have
Hey All!

I know this has been discussed about if it still works, but I just tried it yesterday and it does. :) Yay!

If you are a Target Red Card Holder (Debit or Credit) and you get a Target Pharmacy Rewards card in the mail you effectively can get 10% off the purchase of Disney Gift Cards which most Target's have at the check out registers.

I purchased $350 in Disney Gift Cards yesterday (highest they had were $50 increments) and I got my FULL percentage off. If the cashier questions you and says it cannot be done, let them know that the Disney Gift Cards are coded as ENTERTAINMENT cards and NOT gift cards, and DO allow the combined discount.

Every little bit helps!
I have a target card but I don't think i have ever received a pharmacy reward card? Not sure how to get one. Thank you for heads up!

Upvote 0

fam

You can pay down your vacation for as little as a 20 dollar increment. Luckily wife has a target card and we have 4 targets within 10 miles so i should be able to do this as soon as we get one of those magical rx cards.

Upvote 0

gardenia

Technically, I think one of the Kingdom Konsultant ladies or someone else may speak to the ability of if there is a limit on how many giftcards you can use in one transaction? Like, not sure if you can use 10 $50 cards, etc. I wouldn't see why not though?

I've used 6 gift cards in one transaction over the phone with Disney reservations, and 10-12 in person at the front desk. A little tedious, but worth it for the discount.

Upvote 0

MissM

I have I have a target card but I don't think i have ever received a pharmacy reward card? Not sure how to get one. Thank you for heads up!
You sign up for it at the Pharmacy. Every time you pick up an Rx, they scan your card. (Or you can put in your phone# if you don't have the card on hand.) 5 prescriptions = one, 1-day 5% savings pass. If you have multiple scripts per month, they come quick.

Upvote 0

Zman-ks

Our Target does not have Disney gift cards:(
75.gif

I thought that too but I asked and they gave me one from the service desk. :)

Upvote 0

fam

so to get the 10% discount I have to actually use the rx card for prescriptions to build up to 10% or how exactly does that work? I was hoping I could just sign up...get the card...and blam....10% off disney forevers ;-)

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

I got a $100 Target gift card for Christmas from one of my bosses. Can I go over to Target and trade it for a Disney gift card? That would be awesome. He gives me that every Christmas and another $50 card for Staff Appreciation in April.

Upvote 0

melflip8

Original Poster
so to get the 10% discount I have to actually use the rx card for prescriptions to build up to 10% or how exactly does that work? I was hoping I could just sign up...get the card...and blam....10% off disney forevers ;-)

Right, so you get 5% by using a Target Red Card, of which they have a Debit or Credit option. And then you also have to enroll in the Pharmacy Rewards and fill 5 prescriptions. Depending on if you have kids or recurring prescriptions those 5 prescriptions can come in fast, it just depends on your family.

You then have a window of time (about a month) from when you receive the Pharmacy Discount card in the mail to use both the Red Card Discount AND the Pharmacy Rewards Discount.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

melflip8

Original Poster
I got a $100 Target gift card for Christmas from one of my bosses. Can I go over to Target and trade it for a Disney gift card? That would be awesome. He gives me that every Christmas and another $50 card for Staff Appreciation in April.

You would have to use the Target Red Card to get the 5% off. Sorry. :(

Upvote 0

melflip8

Original Poster

But, if you are asking if you can buy a Disney Card with that $100 Target Gift card, I dont see why not! Double check with Customer Service though!

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

About using a Target gift card to buy a Disney gift card ^ I work at Staples and you cannot use a Staples gift card to purchase another gift card that we sell. Theres a list of exclusions on the back of the card and it says something along the lines of "Cannot be used to purchase cell phone minutes, postage stamps, or other gift cards." So just read the fine print on the back of the gift card to see what it says and check with Customer Service, not a regular cashier. At Staples anyways, we can technically ring it through the register, like the system will let us, but we're not supposed to, so just do what melflip8 said and go right to Customer Service with it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom