The crazys are at Epcot today

DisneyDebNJ

Ive never dealt with the tour groups... thank goodness for October-November!!!!!!!! I still say BEST time to visit Disney! Even with F&W going on, MNSSHP, we've never encountered stuff like this!

Todd H

You think they're bad in the parks, just imagine bus loads of them arriving at your hotel at 2 AM, getting off the bus, lining up, beginning with the screaming and chanting, then running to their rooms.

And what makes it so bad is the people in charge of the groups ENCOURAGE this behavior. And Disney refuses to do a thing about it.

Bob Saget

The only negative experience I've ever noticed with these groups was back in January of 2011. We were at Downtown Disney's World Of Disney store. It was around 7-8ish in the evening, and quite busy that night with shoppers, etc. A tour group was spread out at one of the main exits of the store...a handful of members even stretched out laying/resting on the floor right at the doorway. This was causing quite a squeeze for patrons either coming or going, as they would have to step over & maneuver around all these bodies blocking the doorway. This was also a fire & injury risk to not only the people trying to come & go from the store, but also for the tour group members, as someone could have easily tripped/stepped on them.
A CM came over and (very nicely) asked them to please move as to avoid blocking an entrance, and explained this is not a good spot to lay down. She was a very kind CM, and treated the tour members much calmer & nicer than any other store on the globe would if people were laying around at a doorway. The tour members got up and moved as they were told. As they were exiting the building, two of the tour group (young girls, teenaged?) members turned and simultaneously yelled back into the store toward the direction of that CM: "Diabo Branco" In Portuguese, this means: "White Devil" or a "White Satan". I found that rather troublesome & rude to bring race/color into the situation toward that CM, especially when a). Race had nothing to do with anything, and b). Like I said before, the CM was more than pleasant when asking the kids to please move to a better/safer location, and c). Isn't it rather ironic since Brazilians are mostly white as well?

Now as far as chanting goes, that really doesn't bother us, as long as it's not done in areas such as pre-show rooms, dark rides, etc, whereas to intrude on the sound. Chanting loudly around hotel/resort rooms is also inexcusable. But if you're strolling along a theme park sidewalk and having fun, I really don't see what's so bad with that. Bright colored shirts? No big deal either. You're at a theme park, you're supposed to let loose and have fun.
My main pet peeve with tour groups, cheerleader groups, reunion groups, or ANY group is the act of cutting in line. Pushing, shoving, jumping lines should always be an eviction-able offense from any park, no exceptions.

puppawuppa

The Brazilians have been there for so long now...When I went at the end of Jan there was a tour group called Fifteens wearing white & Pink and they stayed at Pop Century. And if you were to eat at 9am & 9pm NEVER EVER Go into the Food court..It's a Friggin Nightmare!! After I left from my 2 week trip my parents went to Pop and finding out that the Tour group I mentioned was STILL There! It was for 3 freakin weeks!...Also I have noticed that they reaaallly like the Nabisco Nilla Wafers they had boxes and boxes with them...Not sure why the obsession of them tho?
Wwe were there the 10th to the 21st and I saw them too...

The Empress Lilly

The reason these pests do their screaming and chanting right in the middle of Main Street is because they have an audience there. Else they might as well do it on the parking lot, where they don't bother anyone else. But where's the fun in that?

It is a bloody disgrace. Shame on Disney for not simply abolishing organised singing and aerobics routines in their parks.

HatboxGhost

Here's an Example...*Shudders*
I may sound like an when I say this but a few seconds of that and they would get a STFU from me. I have zero tolerance for ignorance and rudeness and people dont want to hear that. I really dont want to pay my hard earned cash to hear that crap. I really make an effort to not be a big pain in the to other people and be nice and polite to others when on vacation. Some people are just not like that.

Bob Saget

Personally I don't feel on the inside that I want to stand in the middle of Main Street and scream at the top of my lungs.
I'm beginning to get 2nd thoughts on my most recent comment after just watching the videos. The top one with the guys humping the air to chant noises(?) :confused: Kinda odd behavior for a Disney park.

I've only seen them clapping/jumping/chanting, which like I said before, is okay to an extent as long as it's out of the way, not in an attraction, and not blocking the flow of foot traffic.

StarWarsGirl

DSC01715_zpse31af225.jpg
I remember the tour group in the yellow this past trip. They were ANNOYING! Actually, they are ALL annoying, but moving on...

StarWarsGirl

I've encountered them, both in WDW and DLR, and in my experience 'they' are no ruder/different than most other people who believe that because they are on holiday they can be/say/do whatever they want.
They're worse simply because there's more of them. And they are ALL that way. They chant, they cheer, they're horrible. And it's just Brazillians! I've seen large groups from Argentina who are more polite. Many of the dance teams that come are also more polite.

But the cheerleaders now...

StarWarsGirl

They're Argentinian, not Brazilian this week.
The Argentinians tend to be better. I like them better because I speak Spanish and if they get too rude, I can yell at them. But they tend to be a bit more polite.

And many Argentinians legitimately do not speak English. You'll get some foreigners who act like they don't but then can talk to the cast members and read signs. But Argentinians, not so much. I had to tell one group that the photo booth was broken because they didn't know any English. They told me they don't teach it at school. For those that do speak English, their English is poor at best.

disneygirl1024

I may sound like an when I say this but a few seconds of that and they would get a STFU from me. I have zero tolerance for ignorance and rudeness and people dont want to hear that. I really dont want to pay my hard earned cash to hear that crap. I really make an effort to not be a big pain in the to other people and be nice and polite to others when on vacation. Some people are just not like that.

It would be worth it to learn to say STFU, you people are rude and obnoxious. GO BACK HOME! in their language. I may just do that just to see the look on their faces! I have zero tolerance for rudeness. I didn't fork out an outlandish amount of money to listen to that crap!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom