Omg, wait 'till you hear this!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Just so you are aware- the admin and mods don't appreciate April fools gags. So more than likely you'll be wasting your time because one of us will either delete it or move it to chit chat. We are absolutely inundated with phoney news and rumors that day and its stupid and unnecessary. It may seem fun to the person posting but it's nothing but a hassle for us to deal with 100 nonsense threads.
10-4. I would have been clear that it was fake and it would have been funny, and I wasn't even going to post it in news and rumors. I'll respect the mods and hold it back.

Bob Saget

10-4. I would have been clear that it was fake and it would have been funny, and I wasn't even going to post it in news and rumors. I'll respect the mods and hold it back.
The best pranks on these boards come from TDO itself. They usually work as follows:

-Someone gets wind of a "major announcement" coming up on (insert date here).
-Speculation begins as to what this "major announcement" could possibly be.
-Speculation blows up to vast ideas such as the possibility of a new themed land, a major E-Ticket attraction, 5th gate...you name it.
-When the time of the announcement arrives....April Fools!...another meet & greet! (Or the announcement gets cancelled altogether. Whichever comes first).

But Eeyore's right. We don't need more mock news coming from us members here. Though I am a bit curious as to what you had cooked up. Care to share?

PeterAlt

Original Poster
The best pranks on these boards come from TDO itself. They usually work as follows:

-Speculation blows up to vast ideas such as the possibility of a new themed land, a major E-Ticket attraction, 5th gate...you name it.
-When the time of the announcement arrives....April Fools!...another meet & greet! (Or the announcement gets cancelled altogether. Whichever comes first).

But Eeyore's right. We don't need more mock news coming from us members here. Though I am a bit curious as to what you had cooked up. Care to share?
That sad reality actually isn't funny. Disappointment is not a good feeling! Lol

It was going to be a fake press release announcing a replacement for Imagination... A museum of old ride artifacts, original art rendering, ride models, photos of Imagineers working on the original attraction, construction photos of the original attraction, eyewitness testimonies of park guests who rode the original ride, etc. It was actually going to have a sarcastic but serious message behind it of which is that Disney would rather reminis about the time when new attractions were creative and imaginative than actually spend money today on new attractions that are equally creative and imaginative as they were back then. Sadly, I feel that some people (very few) would have believed and accepted it and maybe even might have thought that the concept of such a museum of artifacts - from a time when creativity at the company peaked - is a cool idea (because they've already resigned to the fact that this kind of creativity was a passing phase and that they've given up hope for creativity to ever spike once more) is just really sad. The humor of it is that, although to most of us it can't be true, it's something the current managers would actually think would be a good idea and something we wouldn't hold past them! It would have been satirical but with a very serious message.

trr1

or they announce they are building or retheming an area and you don't hear anything more about it examples
Flamingo Crossing, beastly kingdom, Pleasure Island, Fort Wilderness DVC

luv

I wish WDW would do cool stuff like the Chinese do. I absolutely dread the idea of the flight, but I'd like to visit the park near Hong Kong. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom