FastPass Return Times

Timekeeper

It really just depends on the greeting CM. If a Victoria's Secret model was 5 minutes late, I don't think that college-programmer Donny is going to be as "strict" with the tardiness as he might be on, say for example, Bob Saget. :(

Susan Savia

Yes they are strictly enforcing it. I just wish folks wouldn't all congragate at the opening of the fast pass line, rather then waiting off to the side someplace. Noticed that a lot recently.

MattC

Yes they are strictly enforcing it. I just wish folks wouldn't all congragate at the opening of the fast pass line, rather then waiting off to the side someplace. Noticed that a lot recently.

^This! I wonder how people can be so oblivious to others around them that they think they are the only people, in the world, getting in the fp lane. So many times the wife and I get back for our fp time and at first I think, "Wow, the fp line is out into the walkway!" Then, upon further observation I see that no, it's just people blocking the entrance waiting for their time.

Tom Morrow

On the bottom of the Fastpass tickets, it displays "GP" - grace period, for 15 minutes after your window. It is acceptable to be up to 15 minutes late. If a CM tells you you can't enter and you are 15 minutes late or less, they are being unnecessarily strict. 5 minutes early, however, is at their discretion.

Best advice is to aim to ride at the earlier part of your Fastpass return window, and don't get a Fastpass if the return time is for when you have dining reservations or want to see a show.
It really just depends on the greeting CM. If a Victoria's Secret model was 5 minutes late, I don't think that college-programmer Donny is going to be as "strict" with the tardiness as he might be on, say for example, Bob Saget. :(
The real Bob Saget? Or forum resident @Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

On the bottom of the Fastpass tickets, it displays "GP" - grace period, for 15 minutes after your window. It is acceptable to be up to 15 minutes late. If a CM tells you you can't enter and you are 15 minutes late or less, they are being unnecessarily strict. 5 minutes early, however, is at their discretion.

Best advice is to aim to ride at the earlier part of your Fastpass return window, and don't get a Fastpass if the return time is for when you have dining reservations or want to see a show.
Technically, It doesn't say Grace Period, it says simply GP, it is even listed in military time. Logically that is grace period but it isn't a promise of a grace period. That would be stupid of them to do. If they wanted you to, without exception, have a 75 minute window they would have printed it on the front. The GP is there to help in the case of unexpected delays with legitimate reasons, not just to kid you into getting there earlier. But as usual, everyone should just continue to push the envelope until it gets out of hand again and they DO strictly enforce the window...no exceptions.

Your second paragraph is 100% correct.

amazingwdw

Have the FP Lines been shorter or longer since the policy? I can see reasons it can be better or worse
The first week of January the Fastpass lines were short. I didn't see one Fastpass line with more than ten people waiting the whole week. As soon as a line started forming, the CM would let everyone through. I was happy about this when I had a Fastpass, but it made the stand-by line ridiculously long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom