FastPass Return Times

10Magic

Original Poster
Heading back to WDW in a couple of weeks for the first time since the crackdown on FastPass return times. Are the return times still being strictly enforced, or have they backed off a little?
Thanks!

disneysince71

They are being strict.. When we had a problem they where very busy.. (I belive they had a breakdown that evening) and we wanted to go see the fireworks... so a CM (Manager) changed our times so we could come back...

EOD K9

Three minutes seems a bit harsh. Last time I was there, there was a sign on the FP machine advising you to be back on time. I was 5 minutes late due to getting stuck near a protein spill and the CM let me in.

MattC

Ask a CM when you guys get there. I believe there is a "grace" period of 5 minutes before and after your scheduled hour that you can go on. I'm not sure about this though, I've only heard about it, we've always shown up within our hour.

Dasnowz

Most rides they will make you stand there until your appointed time and not allow you after. They are really cracking down. I think this is how they are letting you know with magic plus there will be no leeway. you time is your time.

Goofyernmost

Ask a CM when you guys get there. I believe there is a "grace" period of 5 minutes before and after your scheduled hour that you can go on. I'm not sure about this though, I've only heard about it, we've always shown up within our hour.
There is a grace period of 5 before and 15 after, but there is no guarantee that they will be in a position to grant it. It is if there is a good reason and if the crowds or breakdowns or some other thing makes it so that they can't let you utilize the grace period. Your best bet is to aim for the first part of your window and then if you get delayed a few minutes it shouldn't be a problem. If you wait til the last minute and then get delayed, you may miss the ride unless you get into the stand-by line.

MattC

There is a grace period of 5 before and 15 after, but there is no guarantee that they will be in a position to grant it. It is if there is a good reason and if the crowds or breakdowns or some other thing makes it so that they can't let you utilize the grace period. Your best bet is to aim for the first part of your window and then if you get delayed a few minutes it shouldn't be a problem. If you wait til the last minute and then get delayed, you may miss the ride unless you get into the stand-by line.

Thanks

Dasnowz

Last Monday at the park there were about 4 people standing in the FP lane. I was behind them and heard them complaining that there tickets were for in 5 minutes and they did not understand why they could not just get on. This was in Mk at the Big thunder mountain. CM was trying to explain that there was an assigned time and he would let them in when the clock read the time on their passes. They were not happy. It was busy. I think that will play into being given a grace period or not.

10Magic

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. It's not hard to get there during the one-hour window, but I make it less urgent when the rules are relaxed or rarely enforced. Good to know exactly what the story is, and I appreciate the input!

DfromATX

Last Monday at the park there were about 4 people standing in the FP lane. I was behind them and heard them complaining that there tickets were for in 5 minutes and they did not understand why they could not just get on. This was in Mk at the Big thunder mountain. CM was trying to explain that there was an assigned time and he would let them in when the clock read the time on their passes. They were not happy. It was busy. I think that will play into being given a grace period or not.

Keeps it fair for everyone I spose...

draybook

My wife and I are and were HUGE supporters of the "come back when you want" method, but the new policy didn't really affect us last September. I think there might have been two times when we had to skip a ride or ditch some FP's. The only thing is that unless you plan out which lands you'll be in, you're in for more walking than usual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom