Job Oppurtunities

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Hey everyone!
Come this April, me and a friend are planning to move up to the Orlando/Kissimmee area. I am 18 years old and have been going to Disney since I was born. I would love to work for the company (in the parks hopefully) and am doing some research on the careers offered there. That being said, I have a few questions regarding jobs up there.

1.)What is the best way to apply?
2.)Is the Casting Center (across from DtD) a good place to visit to get info or even an interview?
3.)Is there a timeframe from when you apply to when you get hired if they do consider you?
4.)Anything else that could be helpful.

I would really appreciate some info and help, especially from anyone who has experience as a CM. I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing but I would love to work there and meet new people.
Anyways, thanks in advance.:cool:

Polyman

Only way to apply is by visiting the Casting Center. However, don't go unannounced or you will be waiting in a very long line. First call 407-828-1000 to make an appointment. You can also hear a recording of the current openings. The appointment line is always much shorter than the walk-in line or sometimes even nonexistent. Once inside with your interviewer you can discuss your areas of interest and they will also tell you what, if anything, they need to fill. So there is really no timeframe from time of application to hire. It depends on when openings are available. Be prepared to live in poverty. I've been there almost 9 years and just last year I finally made it to $10 and change per hour. Good luck.

MattC

Only way to apply is by visiting the Casting Center. However, don't go unannounced or you will be waiting in a very long line. First call 407-828-1000 to make an appointment. You can also hear a recording of the current openings. The appointment line is always much shorter than the walk-in line or sometimes even nonexistent. Once inside with your interviewer you can discuss your areas of interest and they will also tell you what, if anything, they need to fill. So there is really no timeframe from time of application to hire. It depends on when openings are available. Be prepared to live in poverty. I've been there almost 9 years and just last year I finally made it to $10 and change per hour. Good luck.

But the magic benefits are amazing right?

Dasnowz

you apply online at http://wdw.disneycareers.com/en/default/

Make sure to upload your resume. Its a lengthy online application. If they want more you will receive an email with the personality test part. If that goes ok you will then receive an email setting up an interview.

If you walk into casting center they will hand you a paper and say apply online. There is no longer a walk in line. Was up there in Nov with my spouse who had an interview and watched them turn many people away.

Right now alot of people are getting interviews but being wait listed/ turned away.

Most jobs start at minimum wage. The wages are listed on the website. Also what the job entails.

Also unless you are full time most people only work at most one day a week. When I was part time I was getting one day a week. I am full time now. At least this was what goes on in my area. We have many part timers who are wanting hours but there are just not there. They vary by season.

Hours are slim now for the next few months. I went from easily 50 hours a week to 33 a week this month and have been told for the next few.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Thank you all for the tips! Currently I am working at a Publix in the Naples area so I may have the opportunity to transfer as well.
I don't mind working a smaller shift, or whatever job they need if I am qualified for it. There are also some side jobs I'm looking at. I've always loved Disney so I'll just be happy to get a chance to work there and make some friends hopefully.

Bloopers

What Dasnowz said is pretty much correct. If you're looking to audition for a character, there are times listed on the website for that. Don't even bother going to the casting center unless they tell you to.. they will just tell you to apply online. The waiting game is torturous.. They hold your application for 6 months, I believe, so after you apply, it's just a matter of waiting for them to contact you. Even if you do get an interview, you may be wait listed and have to wait for a while after that (can take weeks to months.)

@Dasnowz, I'm part-time and I get 3 days a week. Because it's slower around this time of the year, I'm only getting 2, but I know people that still get 3 sometimes and they're part-timers as well.

Good luck trying to get a job!! It's a tiring process but I thought it was worth it :D

p.s. None of Disney employees are being paid at minimum wage. We're a few cents above minimum wage, woo.

AndyS2992

There are many different sites where you can apply depending on what it is you want to do. Obviously if you just want to be a janitor/cleaning/Retail you will only need an interview. If you want to be a perfromer you will need to go through interviews, auditions and so on.

http://disneyauditions.com/ - Performer Roles
http://wdw.disneycareers.com/en/default/ - General Roles

If you can visit the casting center then make an appointment first and then visit. I would imagine that visiting in person would give you a better chance of being employed but that is just my opinion.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Yeah, I'm not really looking at any performing roles. At the time I am fine with maintenance, cleaning, etc. I wouldn't mind working in a store either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom