star wars boutique park

doctornick

I would rather have a full-sized Star Wars theme park. If you're gonna do something, might as well go all the way.

I don't think it's a good idea to have a full sized theme park tied to one franchise -- that's too limiting. Plus, the reality is that there would be no benefit for WDW to add a 5th gate at this time, the financials wouldn't work. Having a separate ticketed boutique mark could be made to work, however.

Interesting (and scary) thought: they could make access to the SW park exclusive to resort guests and, say, Annual passholders. That would be an added perk that could push people to those activities.

Turtle

i was bored... so i thought up some ideas

TATOOINE
1. Mos Eisley Cantina Table Service
2. Pod racing ride in Tatooine

CORUSCANT
1. Dex's Diner
2. Star Tours
3. Indoor autopia but with Star Wars vehicles (d-ticket)

ENDOR
1. Endor Speeder Bike d-ticket
2. Nightly Firework Celebration like in Episode VI (posted this in all my star wars threads)
3. Ewok Village Trails

DAGOBAH
1. Jedi Training Academy (is re-imagined so that it's like Ollivanders, for example using the force to lift X-Wing out of swamp, and anybody can participate not only kids also you get your own commemorative lightsaber and picture with Yoda. This would be an extra tour that costs money like Wild Africa Trek in DAK

HOTH
1. Hoth Base - This would be an indoor part inside the Jedi base with frosted windows looking outside seeing AT-T's (projections).
2. Quick Service

DEATH STAR
1. Untitled Ride - This would be where the only e-ticket is which is practically a patent Disney made not too long ago where you sit either in an X-Wing or Tie Fighter and everybody has a position (turrets, pilot, speed, etc.) and you have to shoot the other vehicle and the winner stays and plays the next people in line.
2. Roaming -There would also be a humongous area where you're free to roam.
3. If you applied to the Jedi Training Academy, after you learn from Yoda and visit Dagobah, you can fight Darth Vader like the end of the movie

Maerj

I don't think it's a good idea to have a full sized theme park tied to one franchise -- that's too limiting. Plus, the reality is that there would be no benefit for WDW to add a 5th gate at this time, the financials wouldn't work. Having a separate ticketed boutique mark could be made to work, however.

Interesting (and scary) thought: they could make access to the SW park exclusive to resort guests and, say, Annual passholders. That would be an added perk that could push people to those activities.

It's a huge franchise though, with an endless potential for rides. A SW theme park *with* a boutique experience, like the Wild Animal Trek in AK, would be a good way to satisfy regular park goers, SW fans and die hard SW fans with a lot of extra money.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what we think about this. TDO will do what they want to do... as long as they do SOMETHING!

doctornick

TATOOINE
1. Mos Eisley Cantina Table Service
2. Pod racing ride in Tatooine

I could easily see something tied to Jabba the Hutt with either the Sarlacc pit or the Rancor monster.

CORUSCANT
1. Dex's Diner
2. Star Tours
3. Indoor autopia but with Star Wars vehicles (d-ticket)
DAGOBAH
1. Jedi Training Academy (is re-imagined so that it's like Ollivanders, for example using the force to lift X-Wing out of swamp, and anybody can participate not only kids also you get your own commemorative lightsaber and picture with Yoda. This would be an extra tour that costs money like Wild Africa Trek in DAK

I picture a Jedi Training Academy to be housed in a Jedi Temple environment on Coruscant. The biggest problem with Dagobah is that there's not much story or action to build on with it; maybe they could tie something to the area where the Dark Side was strong.

HOTH
1. Hoth Base - This would be an indoor part inside the Jedi base with frosted windows looking outside seeing AT-T's (projections).
2. Quick Service

Gotta have an ice cream shop in Hoth.

I think it would be nice to have a water ride somewhere, but the best I could come up with is a Gungan themed ride on Naboo.

WED99

If they did a boutique park based on a single movie, I would want them to put about 3 near each other (walking distance). That way people can do multiple in one day. Maybe Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Carribean?

MA Screamin'

I love the idea for a boutique park, but could we wait until Episodes 7 - 9, so then we'd have more updated information, to possibly relate better when the younger guests?

Matt7187

If they did a boutique park based on a single movie, I would want them to put about 3 near each other (walking distance). That way people can do multiple in one day. Maybe Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Carribean?
I don't know if there could be a whole boutique park for potc, but how about like a wreck it Ralph video game boutique park?

WED99

I don't know if there could be a whole boutique park for potc, but how about like a wreck it Ralph video game boutique park?
Wreck it Ralph may age quickly, PotC has proved it can hold its name! And if it spawned 5 movies I'm sure there is more than enough to create a boutique park! (We're talking 3 lands here)

Matt7187

Wreck it Ralph may age quickly, PotC has proved it can hold its name! And if it spawned 5 movies I'm sure there is more than enough to create a boutique park! (We're talking 3 lands here)
But it wouldn't be just wreck it Ralph, it would be game central station, and then a couple video game themed lands (heck, you could even have Mario!)

Patricia Melton

They should use Wreck it Ralph to retheme Disney Quest.

They should retheme the Speedway to Wreck it Ralph.

It could then be Sugar Rush vehicles. Would make perfect sense, since it's Tomorrowland and video games could be part of that techno world. And the candyland environment of Sugar Rush would look great next to Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom