Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

lebeau

None of our insiders saw THIS coming. I mean, we've all prattled on and on
about it, but with the flurry of insider posting in the past week or so, I didn't
see one hint (please point it out explicitly if there was one, with link).

There's inside, and then there's inside.

I don't necessarily think this would be on a theme park insider's radar.

MattM

Their ($DIS) conference call transcripts very discreetly mentioned they were very interested in and pursuing acquisitions. I don't think anyone imagined this, though...

Atomicmickey

RSoxNo1

None of our insiders saw THIS coming. I mean, we've all prattled on and on
about it, but with the flurry of insider posting in the past week or so, I didn't
see one hint (please point it out explicitly if there was one, with link).

There's inside, and then there's inside.
If you were listening to our October 5th live show, Jim Hill mentioned that this was absolutely going on. FYI, the uncensored version of that show comes out on Thursday.

I have to believe that this may put Carsland on the back burner.

imagineer boy

Wow, I'm pretty shocked by this but over all I think I like it. Buiness moves like this and the Pixar aquisition are what Disney should be doing more of instead of buying things like Marvel.

DocMcHulk

See below (From October 14th):
We had Jim Hill on last week (the show hasn't been released yet), and we discussed a Lucas Land possibility. Evidently the hold up is Disney trying to buy the intellectual property outright. It would allow for a lot more flexibility, as such they could leave the Echo Lake area alone for now and focus on other areas for enhancement knowing that a Lucas Land can stand the test of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom