Is Epcot about to get some love?

RunnerEd

Original Poster
I've seen a few social media posts that referenced some remarks that Marty Sklar made. It was reported that Marty was excited for the future of Epcot and that we would be as well. Has anyone heard any rumblings?

FigmentJedi

The day they announce something like Journey Into Imagination 4 for Future World is the day when Gabe Newell announces a release date for Half Life 3, Genndy Tartakovsky starts production on the Samurai Jack movie, and the day when the Jim Henson Company finally gets their act together and does their first major film project since they sold the Muppets to Disney.

Taylor

Don't get me wrong I would be excited if anything came to Epcot I just wouldn't put anything into Marty's comments

Polydweller

why do they need sponsors at epcot when they don't at other parks? i know some rides at other parks have sponsors, but most don't. it seems at epcot they cannot paint a room without a major sponsor.
Disney has had sponsors for almost every thing from the day Disneyland opened. They have sponsors for all kinds of attractions. Next time you are in the parks keep a look out for the plaques. There are lots to be found.

Flip83

I will finally admit, Future World really needs a LOT of love. Soarin is still great. Test Track is great, but closed now. JII... No need to comment there. The Nemo ride is nothing to us, and we love Nemo too. Ellens ride has always been a ride if a Tstorm rolls in, we go on it to let the storm blow through lol. Mission Space isn't great. It throws us into a weird feeling for a day, so we stopped riding it. Spaceship Earth i will still always love, but MAN do I miss Jeremy Irons and even before him, Walter Cronkite. Dench is just emotionless and it bores me now. World Showcase is still great though.

It's really this trip i am on now, we have hardly anything to do in Future World. It stinks. Thank god for Food and Wine festival lol

WED99

Epcot needs to start showcasing things that don't even exist anymore. I don't want to go to Epcot and have a piggy bank teach me how to save. I want to see holograms and flying cars! I think a future technology pavillion sponsored by google would be good. They seem to be really pushing the bar when it comes to technology! (e.g. self driving cars, google glass, 3D maps)

GLaDOS

With DHS all but confirmed to get a large expansion and Avatar somewhere out there in the ether, I'd say EPCOT is the odd man out. Mostly because I don't think current Disney leadership really knows how to handle the park other than adding a restaurant ever other year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom