Tangled Area Intruding Haunted Mansion?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm starting to doubt that there will even be a tower.

Lee posted this a while back and there is no reason to believe the plans have changed. The tower is going to be pre-fabricated so they could drop it into place at any time.

rtower2-jpg.27939

Weather_Lady

Did I miss something? Is Rapunzel's tower really going to be on top of these bathrooms?

I don't know this firsthand, but there has been talk from some of the more in-the-know folks that the circle you see along the high ridge (top of the new rockwork) behind the restrooms -- in the picture, it's the circular structure from whence the water emanates -- will be a forced-perspective replica of Rapunzel's tower. If you look at construction photos you can see a large concrete circular base that has been installed there.

Tom

Beta Return
Hmm. Odd thing to say on a message board that reports on everything that's happening.

There's going to be a tower. It's going to be pre-fabricated and set on the circular foundation you can see at the top of the hill. No questions about it.

The waterfall doesn't begin literally at the tower, but it does start up at the top of the hill, falls down a level into a pond, and then again down into the creek that runs under the new bridge toward Yankee Trader.

Nobody ever reported seeing any sight line balloons, but for things like this, they can model it all in a computer. The area is fairly condensed and the entire park is in an AutoCAD file. They can also eyeball it from within the park. The balloons are important out on property so that they can see what a high point might look like from several other areas on property.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hmm. Odd thing to say on a message board that reports on everything that's happening.

Not odd at all. The fans on the Internet are very good at reporting stuff like this, but I am sure things are missed from time to time. If they did height balloons they could have done them outside of normal park hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom