Edge and Vibe Clubs

OwensFab5

Original Poster
I remember awhile back that on the ships they were going to start sticking to the age groups that were posted for the teen clubs because of an incident that had happened. My girls will be 13 &15 when we sail, putting them in different clubs and are upset that they will not be able to go to the teen club together. Can I do anything to allow them to be together in a club?

GenerationX

I emailed Disney about this same issue, as my sons at time of travel will be 17, 15, and 13. The 13 year old cannot imagine not hanging out with his brothers. Here was their response:

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist with the teen area on the Disney Fantasy.

Vibe is an indoor/outdoor teens-only lounge for Guests 14 - 17 years of
age. The operating hours for Vibe are usually from 9:00am to midnight.
Hours are subject to change without notice.

Please check with the Counselors on board, to see if they can make an
exception.

To insure that only teens enjoy Vibe, a special coded Key to the World
card must to presented to access the lounge. Registration is not
required for teens participating in Vibe activities.

I hope this information has been helpful.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Disneyfalcon

They were enforcing them very strictly for a while. Now, not so much. The only restriction that has stuck is the one barring 18 year olds from the club even if they are still in high school. There are no exceptions there.

For the other clubs though, they are making exceptions on a case by case basis. The counselors on your cruise will make that decision, just go ask when you board. :)

LoriSue

I know this isn't exactly in keeping with the question, but I have an 18 year old (as of March) and we're sailing on the Fantasy in 8 days {happy dance} I'm really concerned with the thought of her being in the same grouping as everyone over 18 and know that this is really going to "clip her wings" because I do not feel comfortable giving her the same freedom with that group as I did the Vibe kids. Is there something I'm not aware of for 18-21 year olds?

Disneyfalcon

I know this isn't exactly in keeping with the question, but I have an 18 year old (as of March) and we're sailing on the Fantasy in 8 days {happy dance} I'm really concerned with the thought of her being in the same grouping as everyone over 18 and know that this is really going to "clip her wings" because I do not feel comfortable giving her the same freedom with that group as I did the Vibe kids. Is there something I'm not aware of for 18-21 year olds?

The first night of the cruise there will be a meeting for 18-21 year olds. They get to know each other and plan some activities together. You never know from cruise to cruise if it will be a real active group or that will be the last they see of each other. Defiitely have her go and see how it's going to be!

OwensFab5

Original Poster
Update...we are back from our cruise (Dream) and I went to the Vibe on the first day (Open House) and as long as your child is 13 there are consent forms for you to sign allowing your 13 yr old to go to the Vibe.

TDF

The first night of the cruise there will be a meeting for 18-21 year olds. They get to know each other and plan some activities together. You never know from cruise to cruise if it will be a real active group or that will be the last they see of each other. Defiitely have her go and see how it's going to be!
That sounds great. As being 18 on the cruise when we go, as you know, I was worried I may be a little bored or feel to old. I am happy Disney has this and I cannot wait to go. I wish someone I knew would go with me though… haha!
- Justin

Disneyfalcon

That sounds great. As being 18 on the cruise when we go, as you know, I was worried I may be a little bored or feel to old. I am happy Disney has this and I cannot wait to go. I wish someone I knew would go with me though… haha!
- Justin

I think you'll love it. You're definitely not too old! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom