Just who IS in those costumes? AND are they coached how to act?

Phonedave

About the only characters I can qualify for is Darth Vader or Sweetums.

It could be a girl or guy inside any costume, but think about it, many of the fur characters are shorter, woment tend to fit the costumes easier.

As I said, me and my 6' 4" frame are not going to be jammed into a MIckey costume - that would be one big mouse.

-dave

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

captainkidd

You're taking a picture with them, not joining them in holy matrimony.

Like he said, it's personal preference. It's an illusion and some of us like to get completely lost in the illusion. If you don't want to, I don't understand why you'd want to have your picture taken with a character to begin with. We all have our own thought process.

Sharkreef11

My wife and I know someone who is best friends with a woman plays Mickey at WDW. I guess she plays mickey during Fantasmic. She said that there are certain levels for the characters meaning they have to pass some level of training and become certain level certified to play that character during the specific event. Such as Fantasmic or parades. Rather than standard meet and greets. Not anyone who is Mickey can play Mickey just anywhere. We are from Minnesota and the friend of ours apparently used to play snoopy at the Mall of America before it was converted to Nickelodeon Universe. I would say majority of smaller characters in costume are typically women.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
When I'm there, I lose myself in the fantasy. Don't know how else to explain it.

I can understand that. I just don't understand how the knowledge that the person inside might be a different gender than the character makes it harder to lose yourself in the fantasy.

That is, in order to lose yourself, you have to pretend that there isn't a person in there, so why does the gender of the person you pretend isn't there even matter?

Lucky

I suppose for anyone who's into mentally undressing the characters it would be helpful to know whether Minnie is really a man.

copcarguyp71

Hold on here! Minnie a man?and I said to her/him last visit " Hey Minnie,you look beautiful today "and she/he smiled and gave me a hug.:confused:If my DW finds this out,iam done for.:ROFLOL:

I am less worried about gender and more worried that you think a plastic head smiled at you!!!!! I think your Dole Whip has spoiled in the sun :ROFLOL:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I can understand that. I just don't understand how the knowledge that the person inside might be a different gender than the character makes it harder to lose yourself in the fantasy.

That is, in order to lose yourself, you have to pretend that there isn't a person in there, so why does the gender of the person you pretend isn't there even matter?

Exactly.

DisneyDebNJ

When I'm there, I lose myself in the fantasy. Don't know how else to explain it.

Yep, same here! Once I pass though those gates, reality ceases to exist!!! To this day when I see Pluto in Disney, I cry, and I wouldn't want it any other way! When we were at the Ohana two years ago, for breakfast, I told *Pluto*, the reason I came was to see HIM!! The rest of our meal, he blew me kisses LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom