Pop wi fi working

awhit066

This is great news! Being from Canada the roaming charges for using the network connection is really expensive so I never go to use it. Would be great for making last minute dining reservations.

I am also happy about the fridges. Is this a new policy that is rolling out that all rooms will have a fridge?

Just to clarify, and sorry I know it has kind of been said but I want to double check:

My wife and I are heading to Pop next week - I understand that the fridges are not in all of the rooms yet, but if we request to have one it should be free now? Can anyone confirm this for sure? If so - that's excellent news!

Ceekling

Just stayed there last night. Free WiFi WAS available and fast. And yes, at check-in they were telling us if you did not have a fridge in your room (we already did) to just call and they would bring you one for free. :)

Thanks for confirming - that's wonderful! Usually we pay everyday for internet (well, we realized if you left the laptop on 24/7 that most days the internet wouldn't reset and charge you. I think on our last trip of 2 weeks we got charged about 3-4 times and used it everyday) and we dont pay for a fridge so we have to get a Styrofoam cooler and keep it stocked with ice... a fridge will be much nicer!

Are they doing the same at the other resorts as well or are us Pop people just special?

G00fyDad

I am very happy that Pop will have free wi-fi and free fridges when we go again. It's about time. Haven't we been "wishing" for this for years now?

liloohana

We were at ASMovies last week and they installed the free fridge in our room, and we were getting free wifi (front desk said that it must have been "blowing in" from another resort)-but it worked every day and it did state if was free Disney wifi and then once you accepted the terms, it took you directly to the ASMovies homepage!!
HOORAY!!

Pioneer Hall

We were at ASMovies last week and they installed the free fridge in our room, and we were getting free wifi (front desk said that it must have been "blowing in" from another resort)-but it worked every day and it did state if was free Disney wifi and then once you accepted the terms, it took you directly to the ASMovies homepage!!
HOORAY!!

Sounds like it was set up then and not coming from another resort. Otherwise you would have gone to that resorts webpage.

cowanfamily

I just returned from POP. I had free WIFI while I was there and yes it was very fast. While there, on the 9th they installed the fridges to the 50's building. I was on the 2nd floor and every room had them delivered and waiting outside on the 8th. The next day they came around and installed them.

RalphinSC

Really glad to hear this. We'll be down there in 77 days. We usually have to buy a couple of days worth of internet service just to check on things and bring a big cooler with us. Glad that things are changing for the better on BOTh of those fronts! :sohappy:

jaunca

It is official!!

There is now free wi-fi at all resorts, just announced an advisory today 3/16...SOOOO what you received in the last few weeks was indeed a test signal!

muse1983

Very cool!! Wow that was a quick jump from just having free wifi at deluxe and moderates! They should have had free wifi for years now, it's about time!!:sohappy:

G00fyDad

rvOmK.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom