Biergarten Question

mikeymouse

Original Poster
We have one out of 7 in our party who absolutely does not like Biergartens food. Is there any way she can join us or just have a drink without paying $30 for nothing?

mikeymouse

Original Poster
I understand they want to fill every available seat, but they never get close to it at lunch when we go and they still sit strangers with you. What if she was ill?

sublimesting

I understand they want to fill every available seat, but they never get close to it at lunch when we go and they still sit strangers with you. What if she was ill?

A:though I am flumoxed as to how one could dislike an entire restaurant of food. Certainly there is something she must like, I can think of some places I don't prefer but always find something to eat. Heck the desserts alone there are fantastic....

redfive13

A:though I am flumoxed as to how one could dislike an entire restaurant of food. Certainly there is something she must like, I can think of some places I don't prefer but always find something to eat. Heck the desserts alone there are fantastic....

I agree there has to be something she'll eat... just keep her away from the spaetzel. It's nasty. :hurl:

But the pretzels are great!

docdebbi

it would make no sense to ever admit a person to a buffet who claims they are not going to eat! sure, i believe ya.....
that said, my mother is the pickiest eater in the world. when asked why she won't try something new, the answer is "i know i won't like it". even she found something to eat. now, it may have been hot dogs and macaroni and cheese, but they were pretty good hot dogs and macaroni and cheese:) at least she ate dessert!.
take your friend along, acknowledge that she's not getting $30 worth of food, but $30 worth of music/entertainment/dancing and your companionship.

Phonedave

I agree there has to be something she'll eat... just keep her away from the spaetzel. It's nasty. :hurl:

But the pretzels are great!

You do know that spaetzel needs 'somthing' to go with it - even just butter in a pinch.

Eating it plain is like eating pasta with nothing on it.

In fact that is pretty much what it is - pasta - flour, water, salt and maybe an egg if you are feeling crazy.

I am just confused how something so simple can be nasty

-dave

worldfanatic

If she really refuses to eat there, I would hope she's independent and unselfish enough to go find some counter service while the rest of you enjoy it.

I'm not a big fan of Biergarten's food, but I certainly wouldn't keep 6 other people from eating there if that's what they really wanted.:shrug:

Pioneer Hall

We will still eat there, but I feel bad she has to pay $25 or so for just pudding and salad.

Just wondering if this person has been there before to make the call that they won't eat anything? My sister can be somewhat picky, and doesn't like anything sausage (which is kind of the focus of a german buffet). However, she loves Biergarten and there is plenty that she finds to eat there. The schnitzel is chicken and is served plain, so it's basically like eating chicken cutlets. Their are potato side dishes, mac and cheese, plenty of salads, and usually a potato soup. I feel that while keeping a german flair to their food, Biergarten doesn't go all out on the menu...I think the names might make things sound more exotic than they really are.

mikeymouse

Original Poster
She has been there before and left hungry. She is just picky. She won't eat the franks cuz its a natural casing. She doesn't like spaetzle. She doesn't like the cheese on the macaroni. Doesn't like the potatoes or soup because of the rosemary...etc.

Communicore

The franks are natural casing? Oh my goodness. :( Are the cold sausages natural casing too, oh wow..it makes it extra gross if it is!

Lexi

I just ate here for the first time after two years of my boyfriend begging me to go..I found more to eat then I thought I would..but since your friend has already been there and has decided she definitely does not like the food, the only advise I could offer is to split the cost of her meal between the 6 of you that want to go, thats like $6 each and before or after dinner she can eat where ever she wants.

erasure fan1

I also think how can there be nothing they like? They have Rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, pork roast and cream of potato soup... pretty common stuff. :lol: My wife is as picky of an eater as Ive ever seen and she finds things to eat with no problems. I thought most of the restaurants had alternate things you can order. We did that at Ohana with a picky eater and they ordered a chicken finger and fries meal. A call to them couldn't hurt.

righttrack

Perhaps you can ask the meet the head chef, before you are seated. He/She could whip up something special for your picky eater. Might not happen, but worth asking.

flavious27

We will still eat there, but I feel bad she has to pay $25 or so for just pudding and salad.

Well you have to look at from disney's view, they don't want to have their wait staff having to always make sure you aren't eating anything or put in the position to accuse you of eating something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom