Possible new attraction for WDW

njDizFan

Wow. why all the Burton/Bonham Carter hate?

Sure his films are quirky and off beat and often similarily stylized ( perhaps less than say Hitchcock or Tarantino) but he has a a vision as a filmaker. If you look at his list of films there are quite a few gems among them(Beetlejuice, Ed Wood,Scissorhands,NBC, James and Giant Peach,Big Fish,Sweeny Todd).

Helena Bonham Carter likewise is a quite talented. With outstanding performances in Howards End, Wings of a Dove, Fight Club, Kings Speach along with many others...

I get that some people disparage his work for using similar visual themes and cast of actors but then again look at any list of great directors( not that I would consider him amongst the elite)...no doubt you will find the same similarities.

Or perhaps people don't like him for his lifestyle?

FigmentJedi

Wow. why all the Burton/Bonham Carter hate?

Sure his films are quirky and off beat and often similarily stylized ( perhaps less than say Hitchcock or Tarantino) but he has a a vision as a filmaker. If you look at his list of films there are quite a few gems among them(Beetlejuice, Ed Wood,Scissorhands,NBC, James and Giant Peach,Big Fish,Sweeny Todd).
More like people hate the obnoxious fanbase he's gained as a result of becoming the cornerstone of Hot Topic's business strategy alongside the GIR t-shirts bought by people who never even watched Invader Zim.

BrittanyRose428

More like people hate the obnoxious fanbase he's gained as a result of becoming the cornerstone of Hot Topic's business strategy alongside the GIR t-shirts bought by people who never even watched Invader Zim.
This. ^^ I think they're both talented, but when a huge fan base of the Hot Topic kind forms its a little aggravating.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, think about this...

If they did a Tim Burton Alice land that would mean farewell to The antics and meeting of the characters of the animated film...DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS!?!
Yy4PYIOcCqjy6vtmCKfmIOMJo1_500.jpg

twinnstar

I don't really understand the infatuation w/ the recent Alice film...apparently I'm alone given its profits, but I found it to be bizarre (not surprising) and filled with cheap looking 3D tricks.

You're not alone. I thought it was horrible, and I know a lot of people who agree! (Unfortunately I know a lot of people who disagree too...eh.)

Admiral01

Premium Member

For the record, GIR screaming "MONKEEEEEY!" to release the monkey is one of my favorite all time TV moments...OF DOOM! :)

wdw71fan

The New year's Eve announcement will be about Pleasure Island....... HAPPY NEW YEAR! :ROFLOL:

kUNGALOOSH!

Nope.

and just for the record.. Don't get too excited for the announcement on the 1st.... Nothing earth-shattering... I promise you.

duffthor

I don't really understand the infatuation w/ the recent Alice film...apparently I'm alone given its profits, but I found it to be bizarre (not surprising) and filled with cheap looking 3D tricks.

Put it this way--I would reach Burton saturation in the parks far quicker than I'd reach Pixar saturation.

Did someone say cheap 3D tricks?

:lol:

Thrill

Put it this way--I would reach Burton saturation in the parks far quicker than I'd reach Pixar saturation.

Did you say cheap 3D tricks?

Couldn't resist.

But seriously, I'm not a Burton fan. I think a ride for his Alice in Wonderland would be a bad idea.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
how is this news and rumors? that is the OP's opinion. in my opinion that is a bad idea for a ride.

What? The OP isn't allowed to create their own news and rumors? I cry UNFAIR! to that. Seriously, this is a good darn rumor.

Think of it. Johnny Depp was in PotC movies. His likeness and voice was recently added to the PotC rides. He was quite impressed with how that came out that he would jump at the chance to do another AA character for Disney. It just so happens that he just so happen to star in Burton's AiW (which, by the way, would also need AA figures of its characters, if made a ride)! Coincidence? I don't think so!

Seriously, the biggest complaint about the new Fantasyland is that there's not much for the older kids. A Burton AiW ride would take care of that. A ride like that is needed for it to compete with Uni's Harry Potter phase II.

A Burton AiW ride would have original musical scores, modern themes and special effects, and a cast of celebrity stars playing voices and such that would attract popular appeal. This would not be a movie but an actual high speed adventure ride that starts down a fall through a rabbit hole.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
A "rumor" isnt flat out fabricated. It has a basis in truth.

Who's to say my rumor doesn't have a basis in truth? There's a lot of truths to this rumor. Shall I list them? Let's see...

1. The Johnny Depp connection
2. The popularity of Nightmare Before Christmas at DL as motive for WDI to use Burton on another project
3. Competition with Universal over Harry Potter as another motive
4. The fact that AiW is already in DL's Fantasyland and not at the MK at a time when Fantasyland at the MK is undergoing expansion

I could go on, but as you see this rumor I came up with has a very strong basis of facts!

pwnbeaver

Burton gets way too much credit for Nightmare when all he did really was write the poem that became the story and some initial character designs. Henry Selick's far more responsible for it.

THIS. One thousand time this. We wouldn't even be talking about that movie today if it weren't for Danny Elfman.

NoChesterHester

Who's to say my rumor doesn't have a basis in truth? There's a lot of truths to this rumor. Shall I list them? Let's see...

1. The Johnny Depp connection
2. The popularity of Nightmare Before Christmas at DL as motive for WDI to use Burton on another project
3. Competition with Universal over Harry Potter as another motive
4. The fact that AiW is already in DL's Fantasyland and not at the MK at a time when Fantasyland at the MK is undergoing expansion

I could go on, but as you see this rumor I came up with has a very strong basis of facts!

Facts??? I guess. Invented applicability.

This is not an active project in development. Armchair imagineering, maybe? Reaching, definitely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom