Possible new attraction for WDW

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Disney Imagineering in recent years have recruited talent from the outside to help design and create new attractions. Most recently, James Cameron. Steven Spielberg helped with Toonland at DL. Jim Henson created the MuppetVision 3D movie and the unbuilt Great Muppet Movie Ride at DHS.

Tim Burton created the seasonal Nightmare Before Christmas transformation of the Haunted Mansion for DL.

Think about it. DL has the original Alice in Wonderland ride (based on the animated classic). WDW has no Alice in Wonderland attraction.

Tim Burton already proved himself as a talented "guest imagineer" with Nightmare. Tim Burton would love to design another Disney attraction. I'm sure WDI would love to colloborate with Tim Burton again.

Disney Pictures released Burton's Alice in Wonderland last year. WDW lacks an Alice in Wonderland attraction and a Tim Burton attraction. A Tim Burton created Alice in Wonderland ride for WDW is a logical progression and a smart business move, especially in light of Universal's Harry Potter "Phase II" plans looming.

New Year's Day Disney will make a major announcement concerning WDW. Will it be a Burton-designed Alice in Wonderland ride? It's a good theory that'll be wonderful (if true)...

DisneyBoi1215

That is a really good theory! Unfortunately, though, it seems like the announcement will be either a promotion or the whole MK open 24 hours thing. We shall see, though!

Cmdr_Crimson

WDW lacks an Alice in Wonderland attraction and a Tim Burton attraction. A Tim Burton created Alice in Wonderland ride for WDW is a logical progression and a smart business move, especially in light of Universal's Harry Potter "Phase II" plans looming.

1)Eww No!
2) Mad Tea Party counts as an attraction based on a Walt Disney Classic.

bhg469

Tim burton is a one trick water color pony. I can only take so much of his, take a story, make it darker, add lots of fancy colors for the artsy crowd, add a dash of Jonny Depp and viola!. Less of him in the park means less pale goth kids and emo wackos.

ToTBellHop

I don't really understand the infatuation w/ the recent Alice film...apparently I'm alone given its profits, but I found it to be bizarre (not surprising) and filled with cheap looking 3D tricks.

Put it this way--I would reach Burton saturation in the parks far quicker than I'd reach Pixar saturation.

Rinx

Personally, I think the New Years announcement is just going to be the official announcement of X-Pass. I certainly hope I'm wrong but this wouldn't be the first time Disney gets us all excited for nothing.

menamechris

Personally, I think the New Years announcement is just going to be the official announcement of X-Pass. I certainly hope I'm wrong but this wouldn't be the first time Disney gets us all excited for nothing.

X-Pass isn't at the point of announcement yet. The CM's would have had to have had some significant training and knowledge of it for an announcement to be made on NYE for 2012. And the CMs I know are as much in the dark as we are. I am personally just expecting the new campaign slogan, and a recap of all the projects we already know about. And perhaps the Leap Day 24-hour promotion.

BrittanyRose428

I like most of Tim Burton's movies, but I don't think they belong in the parks all year long, especially Alice in Wonderland. I'd rather see the original Alice in Wonderland in the parks more, and maybe a different one of Burton's films, that wasn't already a classic movie could have its own ride.

the-reason14

Tim burton is a one trick water color pony. I can only take so much of his, take a story, make it darker, add lots of fancy colors for the artsy crowd, add a dash of Jonny Depp and viola!. Less of him in the park means less pale goth kids and emo wackos.

Amen!! Although to be somewhat fair, Alice in Wonderland was already a 'weird' story and animated movie, so it fits his weird style. But yes, I agree with you.

I hope there wont be anything on the tim burton alice in wonderland! That movie was a little too dark for disney I think. And isn't the tea cups alice and wonderland?! :veryconfu

FigmentJedi

Burton gets way too much credit for Nightmare when all he did really was write the poem that became the story and some initial character designs. Henry Selick's far more responsible for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom