Dream Resort???

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi Folks :wave:

So given the chance no questions asked where is your absolute Dream Resort at WDW???

And for those of you who have done the rounds, of all the resorts which would you most like to return to??

enchanted_belle

Grand Floridian. When I was a little girl, I thought that's where the princesses stayed when they came to visit Cinderella. :lol: I always wanted to stay with them, and the idea kinda stuck.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Grand Floridian. When I was a little girl, I thought that's where the princesses stayed when they came to visit Cinderella. :lol: I always wanted to stay with them, and the idea kinda stuck.

I can see how that stuck.... It is the height of "Grand" :wave:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
It really is! Of course, now when I stay there I would want to have tea and a full spa treatment. :ROFLOL:

Yeah, the Polynesian is def my fave Resort!!

But the last few years the Grand Floridian has grew on me so much, i dont know could i ever justify the money to stay there whereas i could for the Poly esp as its also my GF's fave!

But you never know someday :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

stefan74

I would have to say the Grand Floridian. I love, love, love the Conch Key Building, rooms facing the Magic Kingdom. It is like Cinderella's Castle is in your backyard and when you have a 11 year old tell you they want to go back to the room to see the Fireworks instead of seeing Illuminations at Epcot, that is just priceless!

Will be staying at the Poly in 2013 so my favorite might change...who knows.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

We've stayed at 9 resorts on property, and honestly have enjoyed them all! Our favourite though, and our home resort for DVC, is Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House). We love Kidani as well, but the original 'Lodge' is our #1.

Why that resort? For us, it's the animals and savannahs, the cultural representatives and educational programs, the grandeur of the lobby (and cool 5th floor bridge), Boma, Jiko, Victoria Falls Lounge, South African wines, Tusker beer, Zawadi Marketplace gift shop, the firepits inside and out, the gym and spa, and the serenity of the grounds...especially at night. Sigh...time to go back. :)

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Wilderness Lodge cause thats where we honeymooned. AKL is second. Have not stayed at Poly, but that has been the one Ive wanted to stay at since a kid.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

We have done pretty much all of the Disney Resorts through the years but since we started staying at the Grand it's become hard to stay anywhere else. The resort is just beautiful and service has always been above expectations. The resort also has quite a few exceptional Cast Members that we always look for .. from Richard (greeter our front and has been with the Grand for over 20 years) Skip (in the mens shop) and Pete (at the pool bar) are just a few of the many who make the Grand such a special place. I love it there and will actually be back there in just a few more days :xmas:

Upvote 0

minnielaw

The Poly! Being a child of the 70's, it reminds me of the hotel where the Brady Bunch stayed when they vacationed in Hawaii! Come on...you know you remember the Hawaii special and Greg surfing...admit it! I so wanted to go to Hawaii just like the Brady's ....can't beat the 70's Tiki vibe at the Poly!

Upvote 0

PartOfYourWorld

The Boardwalk!!! I love the fact that I can walk right to my favorite park everyday and ride the TOT anytime!

It is just a beautiful resort, and I love walking along the Boardwalk. I have never stayed here before, but am determined to when I get married down in WDW someday!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Dream A Little Dream.

Well weve only stayed at all the moderate hotels(PORS is our fav)but we have visited G/F,way to upper class for me,would have to learn the queens english and it didnt feel like it was Disney,wasnt that over impressed by the Poly,liked A/K and the restaurants(whoa there,wheres my diet sheet)but the one that struck as dumb was Wilderness Lodge,awesome,maybe one day well make it there,got to start saving.:king:

Upvote 0

Jeff456

The contemporary, always wanted to give it a try but don't think I could justify the extra cost with flights from the UK being so expensive!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Dream Resort was the Polynesian.

After staying Lagoon Theme Park View FINALLY in Oct 2010, we were disappointed. The view was incredible, yes, but the Resort was a big let down.

We have tried many different Resorts, and now find ourselves always returning to Yacht Club. Yacht Club was our dream Resort back in the 90s when we were Caribbean Beach loyalists, and now it is our Resort of choice. We love it there and return frequently.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom