And I Think to Myself....What a Wonderful World with Magic Friends

DisneyBunny

One thing that worked for my kids was an oven timer. We'd tell them that they could get out of bed when they heard the timer ding, then we'd make sure it was set for an hour or so.

That's when the video cam monitor came in handy for us. We'd stalk it and the second she left, we'd march her right back. Took two days, but she got the hang of it.

DisneyBunny

Very true! We have an inflatable baby pool on the back porch, but I think it needs a good scrub next time we dump it. We've spent a little time at the public pool enjoying the spray ground and kids area, but I don't like going without DH because it's so hard to keep up with her

I've tried the big pool at SIL's country club (oooh.. fancy!) exactly once. Two kids is NUTS at the pool. Especially since one tries to drown herself pretty regularly and the other tries to crawl under the water. Not to mention I need a pack mule to get all my STUFF down to the pool from the car.

Just too much work!

PotteryGal

Original Poster
So, nobody wants to go to DL with me?? :(

Oh hon, I would LOVE to....it's the whole money thing, darnit. I've always wanted to see DL.

Things are nice and calm now that Alek's big day is behind me.

Only got a month before I work on my next cake for my nephew's 1st birthday. :dazzle:

His cake was beautiful, hon - I'm sure your next cake will be just as good.

So, nobody wants to go to DL with me?? :(

I loved DL! We'll be in WDW at the end of October, so I'm pretty sure DL would be vetoed for me. :( I would love to try to have a play date before or after our trip while we're in Baltimore.

Have you had any luck with flight prices for Alek's birthday trip?

Things are nice and calm now that Alek's big day is behind me.

Only got a month before I work on my next cake for my nephew's 1st birthday. :dazzle:

The cake looked amazing! I keep meaning to post a comment on your blog, but I thought your dress was so pretty and you looked great!

That's when the video cam monitor came in handy for us. We'd stalk it and the second she left, we'd march her right back. Took two days, but she got the hang of it.

I always though the video monitors were a waste of money until someone bought us one. It was great to know what she was up to in there. For some reason we haven't been able to get it to work in our house.

I've tried the big pool at SIL's country club (oooh.. fancy!) exactly once. Two kids is NUTS at the pool. Especially since one tries to drown herself pretty regularly and the other tries to crawl under the water. Not to mention I need a pack mule to get all my STUFF down to the pool from the car.

Just too much work!

Mia is the same way! She thinks she can hang with the big kids. They have a little water slide that she likes to go down, but the water at the bottom is a little to deep and the sides are a little to high for me to reach her. I stand there and yell "stand up, stand up" and she looks at me like "what??".

Hi guys! Am I too late?

Hi Nibbs!:wave:

Where are you staying and when will you be there? If I can't get anyone to go with me to DL I may chicken out and head to WDW instead..

You have to see DL! The park seems so small, but they pack so much into it.

DisneyBunny

Oh hon, I would LOVE to....it's the whole money thing, darnit. I've always wanted to see DL.

His cake was beautiful, hon - I'm sure your next cake will be just as good.
Thanks! I'm nervous about this one. So far SIL has a whole Cat in the Hat theme picked out and those cakes are tricky!

And believe you me, the $$ is a consideration for me too... but I've got an airplane ticket to use because Southwest is being a jerk again. might as well go big with my free ticket, right?

*packs a suitcase*

Really really???

I loved DL! We'll be in WDW at the end of October, so I'm pretty sure DL would be vetoed for me. :( I would love to try to have a play date before or after our trip while we're in Baltimore..

I'd love to have you guys down! And we're still planning to go back to Dutch Wonderland and would love to see you guys and Steph!

Have you had any luck with flight prices for Alek's birthday trip?

The cake looked amazing! I keep meaning to post a comment on your blog, but I thought your dress was so pretty and you looked great!

I always though the video monitors were a waste of money until someone bought us one. It was great to know what she was up to in there. For some reason we haven't been able to get it to work in our house.

No luck on airfare. Which is what precipitated this DL whim of mine. They won't let me use my free flight in December! Arrrgh!!

And you make me blush :eek:

If you say turning 30 is old, I may have to smack you. :p

Um... :lookaroun

DisneyBunny

Mia is the same way! She thinks she can hang with the big kids. They have a little water slide that she likes to go down, but the water at the bottom is a little to deep and the sides are a little to high for me to reach her. I stand there and yell "stand up, stand up" and she looks at me like "what??".

Hi Nibbs!:wave:

You have to see DL! The park seems so small, but they pack so much into it.
I reaaaaally want to. And the selfish part of me doesn't want to drag the kiddos around with me when I do see it. I just want to enjoy it for my sake.

Actually when we got the new computer I couldn't access the blog anymore. Can you re-invite me?
Do you have the address? The old invite should still work if you just log on. I can resend the address again. If not, I'll reinvite you!

Thanks! I'm nervous about this one. So far SIL has a whole Cat in the Hat theme picked out and those cakes are tricky!

And believe you me, the $$ is a consideration for me too... but I've got an airplane ticket to use because Southwest is being a jerk again. might as well go big with my free ticket, right?

Really really???

I'd love to have you guys down! And we're still planning to go back to Dutch Wonderland and would love to see you guys and Steph!

No luck on airfare. Which is what precipitated this DL whim of mine. They won't let me use my free flight in December! Arrrgh!!

And you make me blush :eek:

I almost forgot about Dutch Wonderland. Mia would have a blast there! She is all about the rides at our tiny local park. Why won't they let you use your ticket?

PotteryGal

Original Poster

Only way I would fly is if it were free :lol:

And...*smacks you with my cane* :kiss: The nice thing about my grey hair is when I got my cut today, it looked like natural highlights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom