• Continue as the Festival Center

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ABigBrassBand

unfortunately we're ruled out on the poll. o.o

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:
Oh dear, are you turning into Jimmy Thick? :p

And unfortunately we are :(...I voted for Cranium Command and re-imagine the rest of it, because frankly I think that Cranium Command is the only part of the pavilion that can be "saved" at this point. It was such a great pavilion as well...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Oh dear, are you turning into Jimmy Thick? :p

And unfortunately we are :(...I voted for Cranium Command and re-imagine the rest of it, because frankly I think that Cranium Command is the only part of the pavilion that can be "saved" at this point. It was such a great pavilion as well...

It's a long shot, but you would think they would update body wars to reopen it as celebrating it for the first thrill ride in epcot........right?????......:lookaroun

-WondersOfLife

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Global awareness? What is it that we are unaware of regarding the globe?

I used to ask the same thing. Global awareness is more then listening to the news. Its the way you treat your planet and what you do to help take care of it. Back then Fossil Fuels were being used like water. They still are but there are new was being made every day to prevent us from using them. Every day new products are being made every day and new ways are being created to help the environment that surounds us. Where only scratching the surface and I feel Epcot wuld do good with an attraction showing all the environmental plans in action. Going to verry amazing parts of the works and all the fun in between to get people to set foot on the ride. The circle of life is also good but I can imagine a rethemes Horizons with a story line like that. But I do tend to forget this is america, most people only care about is roller coasters, X box, Jersey Shore and Mc donalds.

DocMcHulk

I'd still go with a weather pavillion with Storm Rider or something along the lines..Out here in Chicago at the Museum of Science & Industry they opened a new exhibit called Science Storms and it's pretty impressive..I think Disney should do something like this and add a Indoor tornado as their centerpiece of the pavillion...
P1100391-1.jpg

I completely agree. I am from Hoffman Estates and we've been there several times over the last year. Very impressive exhibit and it would be a great addition to EPCOT.

Thrill Seeker

2 ideas: Tron and a Weather Pavilion. The Weather Pavilion would have Stormrider cloned from Tokyo Disneysea as it's anchor to replace Body Wars. Stormstruck would be re-located from Innoventions into this new pavilion to replace the Making of Me. As for Cranium Command's location, not really sure what to replace it with, but a cool interactive weather show would be interesting. The pavilion's structure would remain the same, but the interior theme would be now weather themed. The Weather Channel or The Home Depot would be good sponsorship choices.

Tron would involve a complete gutting or demolishment of the building. The attraction would be a high speed dark ride where guests board modified lightcycles and venture into the world of Tron in order to eliminate a virus that is destroying the cyber world. Guests would enter Flynn's Arcade, walk past the dusty old arcade games and enter a secret hidden room behind the machine for his prized video game creation: Tron. There, Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), would brief you on how he got trapped in the world of Tron, just as his father did and how you will be. You are then zapped by a laser and transported into the world of Tron, where you will board your vehicle.

During the ride, you will enter the grid in the middle of a lightcycle race, travel across the grid, though a city metropolis and all the way to an exit point where you destroy the virus and escape back to the real world.

After your journey and you are transported back into the real world, you return to Flynn's, this time not as run down and featuring exhibits about computers and how they have changed our world forever. The pavilion would be sponsored by Microsoft.

Those are my two ideas.

erasure fan1

The weather pavilion has been talked about a lot and for me thats the one that I like the most. I think it fits epcot perfect, and the ride possibilities are huge, and the theming possibilities are endless. It could be the most spectacular pavilion in the park if done the way we all know Disney can. And just think of the movie tie ins! You could have this group of storm chasers with some new technology to try and figure out the inner workings of tornado's. How cool would that be! :lookaroun

:lol:

ScorpionX

In my plans for EPCOT Center, the Wonders of Life is taken over by the Marvels of Computing (sponsored by Apple), complete with a trackless TRON ride. My weather pavilion (sponsored by GEICO) is located between Land and the Seas.

Disneydreamer23

My question to this is, does USF still have Twister! Ride it Out!? If they do, would DIsney view this as too close to a Universal attraction?

I think it is a great idea. They could have Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes...the possibilities are endless.

They do but last time I went the wind didnt blow very hard and the place where you stand stood still i asked and they said there was a complaint it was too windey for some ones 4 yr old.... I thought a dont bring them on or b put them in the second row behind some one..

erasure fan1

They do but last time I went the wind didnt blow very hard and the place where you stand stood still i asked and they said there was a complaint it was too windey for some ones 4 yr old.... I thought a dont bring them on or b put them in the second row behind some one..

Boy that seems familiar..... We all know how that turned out for alien encounter. Maybe Universal will turn it into curious George and the windy day. :lol:

RedFurredCadet

Boy that seems familiar..... We all know how that turned out for alien encounter. Maybe Universal will turn it into curious George and the windy day. :lol:
Concerned-parent-reactions these days... *headdesks*

On a pro-WofL refurbishment note, this reminds me of a blog post I recently put together a night ago. You might be able to find it over here.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Concerned-parent-reactions these days... *headdesks*

On a pro-WofL refurbishment note, this reminds me of a blog post I recently put together a night ago. You might be able to find it over here.

The link on the blog directing it to here, doesn't work/isn't there.

-WondersOfLife

RedFurredCadet

CerealSpitting.png

I swear the link worked well where I am now. Perhaps if you check my blog, as situated by my signature, you'll find the post there.
:shrug:

If you still can't access, I'll just give you a clue to the first post in the series - out with the confetti and neons, in with abstract curves. in my case, changing the look and feel of the interior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom