Pooh Queue Rumor: Tigger Bounce Spot to be removed

Neverland

Well I think for the most part they made the queue so that the interactive elements would be a nice distraction but kids would still move through the line. Tiggers spot is obviously somthing kids would want to play around in for hours and not continue through the queue for the ride. So maybe it would be a good thing if it was removed.

A lot of people do that. People are always asking how they get into the play area, and I tell them that it's part of the line for the ride. And I have horrible luck trying to give guests FLIK cards now because every other guest I try to give one to tells me that they're not going to wait in line; their kids are just going to play on the playground and then they're going to leave.

It's actually a little annoying. I know it's a playground, but it's also a line. There are always people going in and out of the queue, blocking traffic and getting in the way of the people who actually want to get on the ride.

Here is the video I took of the guests that snuck into the area.

For PC

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/freevideos/tiggerjumparea.wmv

For iOS (iPhone,iPad,etc)

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/iphone/tiggerjumparea.mp4

Aw, I know that CM. She's been there for a long time and doesn't like the new queue, for good reasons. Also, I love those people climbing over stuff to get into the area, because it's blocked off. Um, hello?? Surely it must be blocked off for a reason!

T-1MILLION

A lot of people do that. People are always asking how they get into the play area, and I tell them that it's part of the line for the ride. And I have horrible luck trying to give guests FLIK cards now because every other guest I try to give one to tells me that they're not going to wait in line; their kids are just going to play on the playground and then they're going to leave.

It's actually a little annoying. I know it's a playground, but it's also a line. There are always people going in and out of the queue, blocking traffic and getting in the way of the people who actually want to get on the ride.

Yep, and I feel sorry for you guys. I really do. Every job and role have their frustartions but this one has many things working against it.

Good idea but overkill in execution. It causes the line to worsen.

Things like the honey screens even though just giant simple interactivity stuff do work. Intimate to the line and people can see when it is moving in comparison.

The things that are like playground gags keep kids away from parents which not only cause them to be yelled at but cause confusion when parents are leaving to get kids and going out of the line.

It is just a mess.

Jrn14

Can't we all agree that it's better than the old key which was really really drab and kinda cheap looking? At least it looks better? right? :shrug:

Disney Rocks

It is better, it just has major traffic issues. If you spend more than two minutes in a play area, you risk cutting in line. It is impossible to do FLIK cards, because people may want to explore the areas, then wait in the regular line. I love the new look and design of the queue, but if you were a cast member, it makes your job a bit harder.

imagineer boy

I think interactive elements in a queue should be simple and not somthing people would spend time on. It should be as simple as pushing a button and somthing happening that's it.

Testtrack321

Original Poster

You know, that is something I don't think I nor WDI have considered! I think if Disney put a playground outside of the ride that'd help with the "I want to go play!" aspects. Also, in future installations they should hide the play area more so people can't see it from the walkways.

Thanks for the insight! :wave:

Neverland

It is better, it just has major traffic issues. If you spend more than two minutes in a play area, you risk cutting in line. It is impossible to do FLIK cards, because people may want to explore the areas, then wait in the regular line. I love the new look and design of the queue, but if you were a cast member, it makes your job a bit harder.

That happens quite often as well, a lot of times without the CMs noticing. They give a FLIK card to a guest, assume it goes through the line like it's supposed to, and don't give it a second thought. But then a guest comes up to them and asks if the wait time is really an hour, because there's no one in line. And that's when the CM notices the horribly incorrect wait time, and the only way to fix it is to send another FLIK through and hope that this guest doesn't stop to play for 45 minutes.

skellington216

This country is desperately in need of tort reform, that is certain. But, having said that, I think this looks like fun and I applaud WDI for trying something new. Last I heard, skinned knees and elbows weren't life threatening. As my dad used to say, 'Rub some dirt on it. You'll be fine."

corey154

I'm glad I found this thread, we were there on Saturday and there were some kids in the area and we didn't know what they were doing or how they got there b/c it was blocked off. So when we walked by later in the evening we went through the line to try to figure out if we missed something and found the area blocked off, we realized the kids had snuck in the area, we didn't even know it was there or what it was!

Rob562

Sounds like WDI needs to design a false floor in pieces that can be laid down on top of the bounce pads when the area is closed...

-Rob

juniorthomas

Seriously?!? They actually built this into a queue for a ride? In the year 2011 and not 1957??? :eek:

Who the heck approved that for a queue??? And what planet do they live on that they don't see this being a problem in a very busy theme park with people of all shapes and sizes and IQ's???

I'm amazed and totally dumbfounded that this ever got beyond a sketch on a cocktail napkin just after last call.

Are there any pictures of this trampoline queue area? I'd love to see it.

Strange that it wasn't thought out more, but it was a really good idea on paper. Spicing up queues is always welcome in my book, broken bones aside...

jmuboy

I think this spot could be reused as a permanent Pooh meet and greet space (like the nicely themed one DL has outside their Pooh ride)

RSoxNo1

This was where the Fastpass machines used to be, right? I vaguely remember hearing that the permanent location of the Winnie the Pooh Fastpass machines was going to be across from the attraction. I assume when that happens the PhilharMagic machines will be moved to Little Mermaid.

Are the machines at Town Square Theater new machines or were they the original Winnie the Pooh machines?

FutureWorld1982

This was where the Fastpass machines used to be, right? I vaguely remember hearing that the permanent location of the Winnie the Pooh Fastpass machines was going to be across from the attraction. I assume when that happens the PhilharMagic machines will be moved to Little Mermaid.

Are the machines at Town Square Theater new machines or were they the original Winnie the Pooh machines?

Now that you mentioned it, I completely forgot that Winnie the Pooh never got back its Fastpasses machines! Will they leave them in front of Mickey's Philarmagic for good? That'd be sad...

RunnerEd

That arrangement never made sense to me. Why not put the Peter Pan machines over by the Haunted Mansion. Then you could put the Splash Mountains ones over by the Jungle Cruise. And then..... :brick:

I personally think that either having one central location per land for all of the machines or put them right by the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom